Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't get the big deal...So players chose to play in a high profile tourney instead of a preseason high school tournament..The players,parents and I'm sure coaches knew of this before teams were selected..The season is more important than a tourney..Would you rather win a state championship with these players or lose the viking cup without them?
If it's such a big deal..maybe the tourney needs to rotate teams in and out more often since teams are not at their best in March..

Brace
Brace
SCHSL had such a rule at one time. Then a state representative from Greenville drafted a bill that was passed by the SC State Legislature making Dual Participation legal so long as it does not interfere with scheduled week-day activities of the school team.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Here's the Ohio High School rule on participation from their handbook. There's many more states but the reason I picked Ohio is because year in and year out they produce many high level youth soccer players. It doesn't seem to be a problem with them saying when it's High school season you need to be committed to your school. And yes Ohio has ECNL teams, two ODP programs(North and South).

"4) Non-Interscholastic Participation
4.1) A member of an interscholastic soccer squad (any student who has played in a scrimmage,
preview or regular season/tournament game as a substitute or starter) sponsored
by the Board of Education shall not participate in a non-interscholastic program
(tryouts, practice or contest) as an individual or a member of a team in the sport
of soccer during the school’s season (Sports Regulation 4.3).
4.2) A member of an interscholastic soccer squad (any student who has played in a scrimmage,
preview or regular season/tournament game as a substitute or starter) sponsored
by the Board of Education may participate in non-interscholastic soccer prior to
and after the school season under the following conditions:
4.21) The number of interscholastic soccer players from the same school on a noninterscholastic
squad is limited to five on the roster of that non-interscholastic
squad. A roster is defined as all the members of the entire squad on that noninterscholastic
squad.
Note: Graduating seniors who are participating on a non-interscholastic soccer
squad after their final interscholastic contest of the season in the sport of
soccer are exempt from this limitation.
4.22) There is no limit on the number of soccer squad members from the same
school participating on the same squad during the period June 1-July 31.
4.23) A player may continue to play with a non-interscholastic squad in a national
qualifying tournament in excess of the five player limitation after July 31
until the squad is eliminated but no later than Labor Day.
4.24) Non-interscholastic participation includes tryouts, training, practice and competition

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
didn't viking cup start on a thursday?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Soccer season starts today..correct?
VC is a preseason event..correct?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S

If this rule exists, then when players leave on a Thursday to travel to a Club event, they miss their High School teams regularly scheduled practice, as well as a couple of days of school. In the case of this past weekend, that would involve Thursday practice and Friday travel to Viking Cup and associated events on Friday.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Rule from Florida High School Athletic Association:
another Powerhouse State in producing high end youth soccer players.

7. Must not participate on a non-school team (i.e., AAU, American Legion, club setting, etc.) which is affiliated with a school or coached by a representative of a school other than the one the student attends, or has attended, and then attend that school, otherwise the student will be ineligible there for one year.

brace
brace
That rule in FL, to my understanding, is to prevent "clubs" from forming school based teams to get around practice/play limits. The key in that one is the "affiliated" term. It would not prevent players from playing on an ECNL team that has nothing to do with school.
Just cause everyone in Green-Spart-villburg who plays school soccer is on a CESA team does not mean CESA is part of the school system, yet....

Of course when they start the CESA magnet school things might require a rule like that

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Of course when they start the CESA magnet school things might require a rule like that

When's that start? Need to buy property now in Greenville now then...tired of teaching for THE MAN!

I
throw in
throw in
I
Quote:

Rule from Florida High School Athletic Association:
another Powerhouse State in producing high end youth soccer players.

7. Must not participate on a non-school team (i.e., AAU, American Legion, club setting, etc.) which is affiliated with a school or coached by a representative of a school other than the one the student attends, or has attended, and then attend that school, otherwise the student will be ineligible there for one year.

Wrong interpretation. All the girls from Florida played in ECNL this fall during HS season.

"Duh,WINNING."
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard