Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
B
brace
brace
B
As a parent, you don't need a league or governing body to say enough is enough, and make reasonable decisions that don't over-tax your child. All you need is common sense and communication between and among all parties involved.
It ain't rocket science.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Making players choose which one they will play in would not benefit high school ball..While I think most club players enjoy representing their H.S.team and the time off from club play..I think most would choose club ball thinking it would get them farther..

corner kick
corner kick
You would definitely weaken the smaller high school teams and leagues if you make kids choose between one or the other. It would be a much harder decision for a kid who plays at a competitive school like Wando or Mauldin who knows she'll get more similar levels of play plus the fun of HS ball versus a good player at a smaller school who would obviously benefit more, skill-wise, with continued club play.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
B
brace
brace
B
In the end, there are only three reasons to choose:
1) Hard and fast association rules (which you should know about BEFORE choosing to participate;
2) A hard-nosed coach/trainer who insists on one over the other;
3) A parent or kid concerned with overload.

Where coaches, trainers, parents and kids are honest with each other and TRULY have the kid's best intertests at heart, this is not a problem.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Why not scheduling it on a weekend that does not conflict with ECNL? I am sure the Viking Cup committee would want the best players in the state attending this elite HS soccer tournament.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
And how many high schools have one or two high end players?
More than you think..

B
brace
brace
B
Your point being?

brace
brace
So you are saying, that by rule, that no girl who plays ECNL in FL in the fall is allowed to play HS soccer? Are there any ECNL teams in FL? I did not think so, I guess this might be why. Do any FL players cross State line to play ECNL somewhere else and does that keep them out of FL HS ball?

Need more context to the rule you have posted, because a simple reading would also mean that a players could never, spring or fall, play for any team affiliated with a school or school coach? The wording as you have it posted is also talking about Basketball, and Baseball which have very strong off season programs in FL as well.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I stand corrected,called Florida, got an interpretation.. Your correct they can play on outside teams. said it's strongly discouraged,although it's a coaches decision.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Schools with one or two club players on the roster would defintely weaken their programs while Riverside,Mauldin,Mann and Wando did not win the VK cup..Their scores did not dictate weak teams..
And when I say club players..I mean ones that play at the highest level..

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard