Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Goal
Goal
We don't need another rule telling people what they can and cannot do. I understand that they may want to protect the school & player, but I say it should but up to the parents & players on how much they play. Whether they choose School, Club, or Both is up to them. I am the coach of a young team and we had the choice of playing for the club in the spring or for the school. I sat down with the parents and we had a discussion on the pros & cons of each possible decision. We came to the conclusion that the players should try-out for the school team. Just to have a different experience from the club environment. Parents & Players do not need another governing body making decisions for them.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
California High School League Rule for outside competition.The State is split into two regions so the SoCal soccer players cannot play club during their interscholastic season which is played in the winter in SoCal. Now that state produces some very good soccer players don't they?

ARTICLE 60
OUTSIDE COMPETITION
600. COMPETITION ON AN OUTSIDE TEAM
A student on a high school team becomes ineligible if the student competes in a contest on an “outside” team, in the same sport, during the
student’s high school season of sports (See Bylaw 511). The following exceptions apply:
A. If the outside team has half or more of the team members as stated in the National Federation rules book for that sport, it shall be
considered the same sport. Examples: three on three basketball---outside team competition prohibited; two on two volleyball---
outside team competition permitted.
C. SOCCER
In the sport of soccer, Bylaw 600 shall be in effect only during the winter high school soccer season. High school soccer
programs that compete during the fall or spring season are not subject to Bylaw 600.
NOTE: For purposes of this section, indoor soccer and futsal are not considered the same sport.
(Approved October 2008 Federated Council)

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
The SCHSL doesn't care about clubs playing during the high school season. This was addressed in the early 2000s when dual-participation was first proposed. There is no way the HSL is going to put itself in a litigated state of affairs over "soccer". Therefore, have the clubs and high schools deal with the issue (it's not rocket science). Both have their place for the youth soccer player (most of which will enjoy their glory days on those fields because only a select few can make it to the NCAA Division 1 ranks and beyond). Don't trifle me with D2, D3 or NAIA levels of play because any "player" that can walk and chew gum can pursue those endeavors!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Old Gal,

I defended you in the grammar department, but that last sentence in your previous post may have been the most asinine comment I have seen on this board in 2011, and that is taking the prize among steep competition.

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
I agree Chass. I know quite a few good players who play at those levels and have played and trained hard since childhood in club and high school soccer to get where they are today. Walking and chewing gum did not get them there.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Tennessee High School rule on participation during High School sports season

Independent-Game Participation
Section 21. Once a student's name is listed on the school eligibility report, if a student participates in an
independent game in that sport before the season has closed or his/her name has been removed from the
eligibility report at the request of the school principal, the student shall be ineligible as explained below.
Any organized game in which players not registered with TSSAA participate – regardless of whether admission is
charged - is considered as an independent game. Violation of this rule will render the student ineligible for 25% of
the number of contests allowed in that sport by the sports calendar or for the remainder of the season in that
sport, whichever number is the least. Violation of this rule a second time in the same sport in the same season will
render the student ineligible in that sport for the remainder of the season.
A student's name may be removed from the school's eligibility list upon written request of the principal. After such
a request has been filed with the state office, a student may then participate as an independent without penalty. If
a principal requests the state office to remove a student's name from the school's eligibility list, such student may
not again be certified during the season of that sport.
This rule does not apply to bowling, golf, and tennis.

Q. May a player participate in a scrimmage, practice game or game with an independent team after being
registered with TSSAA in that sport?
A. No. The student shall be ineligible immediately in the sport in which the violation occurs.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L

Dawgs, are you telling people you went to Seattle? Did you get called in to the office for bagging it?

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
the kid was burnout on club soccer, said she didn't want to go. so we didn't think traveling across the country to play 3 soccer games would not have been using common sense. so we took the money and took our family of six to the beach. what would you do if your kid said i don't want to go to Seattle.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Alabama participation rule:

SECTION 6. OUTSIDE PARTICIPATION RULE. A student who is a member of any school athletic team (grades 7-12) may not participate (includes practice) on a non-school team in the same sport during the school season of that sport. A student who is a member of any high school athletic team
may not participate in an outside sport activity in the same sport during the school season of that sport.
Note: Olympic Development programs are exempted from the Outside Participation Rule. One evaluation per month has been approved by the AHSAA.
Note: Private individual instruction is not considered an outside sports activity. A student who violates this rule becomes ineligible to compete on that school team or in that school sports activity for the remainder of that school
season. Any student who participates on an outside team after the school sport season begins is ineligible to join that school team for the remainder
of that season.A team’s season begins the day of that team’s first contest and ends when that team’s season has been completed. An ineligible student cannot participate with an outside team after the school team’s season starts and then join the school team upon becoming eligible.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

the kid was burnout on club soccer, said she didn't want to go. so we didn't think traveling across the country to play 3 soccer games would not have been using common sense. so we took the money and took our family of six to the beach. what would you do if your kid said i don't want to go to Seattle.

So even though she was committed to the team it was OK for her to choose not to go to Seattle?

Does that mean that if she was committed to her hs team and she chose to go to San Antonio, that would be OK too?

Or is it somehow different?

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard