Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
I love it when people use "the money I spend traveling for soccer" has nothing to do with the Club.

Of course it has to do with the Club, that's the reason you are doing it.

Harry, you are really sounding like a DOC and not a Club parent.

I
throw in
throw in
I
Bomber
I agree with Harry and its safe to say I am not a DOC. Yes, club soccer is very expensive,but sports like golf make soccer look like a bargain. BTW have all you CESA haters checked out the prices of the three nearest mega clubs ? I have and CESA is a bargain compared to what other charge and there upfront costs.

"Duh,WINNING."
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Ilove, are you implying Harry is a DOC?

My statement of "Club wants your time and money" means Club is going year round (or they want you involved year round) thus, if this occurs, they have to be getting more of your time and money.

They can't be doing all this for free.

We taxpayers aren't subsidizing Club soccer, are we?

There has to be a cost.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I'm sure someone will), and I am not looking at any figures, but if memory serves me correctly, when there was a St. Giles and GFC, participating in Club soccer cost much less.

Maybe if Harry is in the know, he can provide correct data.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Sorry ilove you got that one extremely wrong. my son played in south carolina junior golf association for 5 years. played in local weekly tournament every week beetween june and september played in regional & statewide tournament once a month (in south carolina)which the player and parent picks not the association. youth premier soccer is much more expensive, it's not even close. it also didn't overlap with riverside's high school golf schedule.and a set of golf clubs isn't needed every year, just regrips.

Harry keeps going back to club cost only, and yes monthly fees go up every year. soccer venues "ASSOCIATED" with club soccer is where it has gotten really stupid. like a family with a premier soccer player has a choice if they travel or not. Seattle, LasVegas, Texas... C'mon really?????? What a D... A.. move for youth soccer. Bomber's right the clubs throw as much on the wall as possible and see what sticks, their not looking at development their looking at cash flow.

I
throw in
throw in
I
dawg

Come on now, I remember having the PRIVILEGE (as the club put it)to decide on a equity membership or non equity membership at the infamous local golf coarse nestled between the parkway and pelham. I am here to state that my check was a bit larger than any check a soccer club has received.

"Duh,WINNING."
G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
ilove, you are funnier than ****. We're not talking about joining Thornblade Country Club. Were talking about youth sports are we not. You don't have to join Thornblade to play junior golf. geez....

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Well then maybe if the player can't meet the commitments of both soccer programs they should pick one or the other. I personally like Bucky's BBQ. It's about 10 minutes by car from MESA and it's always worth the trip.

Would the same rules apply to the girls that play basketball, or is it only the ECNL girls that need to choose? If the girls BB team makes the playoffs don't they miss more preseason games than the ECNL girls missed due to San Antonio?
Guess it's a real good thing there is no ECNL for the boys. I'd hate for those guys have to choose which team they wanted to play for

Bucky's is my favorite too. However, it can't hold a candle to Rudy's in Selma or The County Line in San Antonio.

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

So what if our HS (in South Carolina)season was when our Club season is.

Then the commitment would have been made to HS first and they would be breaking their commitment to HS, so they could not go to an ECNL event???

And based on your thought process if the HS decided to hold a clinic in the summer and it fell on an Club event weekend, then the players would still be committed to HS and could not attend say Regionals?

My thought process was based on reality. It was also based on what our family felt was the best decision for her future.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

I love it when people use "the money I spend traveling for soccer" has nothing to do with the Club.

Of course it has to do with the Club, that's the reason you are doing it.

Harry, you are really sounding like a DOC and not a Club parent.

I'm actually not a DOC, but I do like very much what the co-executive directors of my club are offering us.

Never did I say money has nothing to do with the club. What I said was that the money I paid the club before ECNL and after ECNL was the same. The club is not making more money off of me because they are offering training in the Winter and Spring. The club didn't make anymore money off of me because I went to San Antonio. (the airline did and the hotel did) I spent money. But it didn't go to the club. You said that the only reason the club is going year-round is that they want my money. I disagree.

Last night, players from my club played against Newberry College. They'll have the chance to play a few more colleges as well. For free. This past summer, our team was coached by 5 different college coaches over 3 days, and fed several meals. For $100. This year, we had the chance to play in front of 35 women's college coaches, and got fed, and got an Adidas jacket. For $60. This Sunday, the seniors from our club who signed national letters of intent (which there are always many) will have a dinner for them and their parents. They'll receive (if history holds true) Adidas apparell and a nice steak dinner. For free.

These people are not in it for the money. If they were, they could make a lot more of it. I get irritated when (how do the kids say it) the haters come out. And why? Because you have some personal grudge?

I believe what I am really sounding like is someone who is informed and likes the club and what it offers. As opposed to someone who isn't informed and who has an axe to grind.

I
throw in
throw in
I
Quote:

ilove, you are funnier than ****. We're not talking about joining Thornblade Country Club. Were talking about youth sports are we not. You don't have to join Thornblade to play junior golf. geez....

Exactly......Thanks, you just proved my point. You don't have to join CESA to play youth soccer. geez...

"Duh,WINNING."
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard