Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
I
throw in
throw in
I
FXDWG
Great point about girls BB overlapping with soccer. Seems like HS coaches go easy on the BB players.

"Duh,WINNING."
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Ilove, are you implying Harry is a DOC?

My statement of "Club wants your time and money" means Club is going year round (or they want you involved year round) thus, if this occurs, they have to be getting more of your time and money.

They can't be doing all this for free.

We taxpayers aren't subsidizing Club soccer, are we?

There has to be a cost.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I'm sure someone will), and I am not looking at any figures, but if memory serves me correctly, when there was a St. Giles and GFC, participating in Club soccer cost much less.

Maybe if Harry is in the know, he can provide correct data.

1) Did you just say that you're making statements about costs and yet you aren't looking at any figures? Do you have anything factul to back up what you're saying?

2) I'm sure that soccer costs less when it was St. Giles and GFC. Mainly because it was 8 years ago! Remember what a gallon of gas cost 8 years ago? (that's a weak argument that I just made, but I won't erase it) I'm going to imagine that St. Giles and GFC offered a whole lot less than what is offered now at CESA.

3) I've stated in another response some of the examples where I think the club could/should be charging a whole lot more for what they are offering if they were money driven. The camp this past summer was the big one. I've paid $500 for 4 days worth of summer camp involving sessions run by club coaches, hs coaches and college players. Last summer, I paid $100 for 3.5 days of training by college coaches. And we saw the Korean women's national team.

And I think the most important thing that you said in your post was "if Harry is in the know". Why would anybody ask questions of someone who isn't in the know? Why would anybody listen to someone speak on a subject that they didn't have factual knowledge of? Yet on here, there are people spewing statements of a club they know very little about. And the haters chime right in.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
You forgot to mention all the free Kool-Aid you get.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Excellent retort. Well thought out and very informed.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
When I was first introduced to this website a couple of years ago I just observed for a few months before I jumped in. I actually didn't even know a website like this existed. I missed this information for several years that we were in club and the first couple years that we were involved in HS soccer.
It has become a much better site the past year or two because now were getting information from both sides of the aisle about High school,Club. Which is the way it should be. Did you know we have a debate about Club fees on two different posts, one of them is over 20 pages long.(OK, Ok 10 of the pages are from Harry) I think all soccer clubs should pass out a flyer at the annual sign up meeting with info about this website. All High Schools could post the link on their athletic website so HS parents can follow posts,scores, standings, rankings, that sort of thing. It would help give new soccer parents views from both sides. Maybe a Club like CESA could pass out a flyer at their annual sign up meeting to see if this will work. The guys that started this site have provided a valuable service to us.Hey whoever you are that started this website you need to sell advertising on it. I think you're going to get much bigger.Just an idea!!!

L
Goal
Goal
L
Gbdawgs – you are making up for lost time. lol
also, your many posts come across as bitter vs. informative/objective to others.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
letme: just asking questions, trying to bring things out that haven't been in the past. have read several of your posts. definately know what hat your wearing. have a good evening.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
"(OK, Ok 10 of the pages are from Harry)"

This is typical of you isn't it? Spouting off figures that are completely inaccurate and unsupported. 10 pages? Really?

Now, I'll respond (as usual) with facts.

Harry: member since 2/25/07, posts = 98 including this one.

gbdawgs: member since 6/30/10, posts = 179

So I've been on the forum for over 4 years, and you've been on for almost 9 months. Yet you've made almost twice as many comments. (most of them completely uninformed) Yet I'm the one with too much to say? Why don't you quote another state's participation policy? Have you run out of states that sort of support what you're saying? Of all the states in America, how many did you find anyway?

Look, I'm sorry things didn't work out for you at a club where most are successful and happy. But when you are going to 'inform' others as a public service of the evils of CESA and all those associated with it, at least try to sound somewhat objective and not so bitter. Try to use facts.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Here's Arkansas, there's many more. Why is this bitter? I just don't believe in Soccer Clubs stepping on High School athletics toes.I thought I could express my opinion on this board? just like you. I respect your views also so relax and have a good evening.

Rule 12. PARTICIPATION ON NON-SCHOOL TEAMS
A. Team Sports.
1. A student who is a member of a school's athletic team
and who has engaged in interscholastic competition may
not try out for, practice with, or otherwise participate
with, or be a member of a non-school athletic team in the
same sport, in season, without losing eligibility for up to
a full year (365 days) from the date of such participation
with the non-school team.
2. This limitation shall apply to the team sports of football,
basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and soccer.
However, a member of an interscholastic baseball,
softball or soccer team may try out for or practice with a
non-school team on days when the school team does
not practice or play. This exception for baseball, softball
and soccer shall not apply in weeks the school team is
involved in AAA-sponsored championship tournaments.
3. Participation on a non-school athletic team in the same
sport in season shall define in season as the AAA
established beginning date until the end of the state
tournament in that sport for students in grades 10-12
and students in grade 9 who have participated
interscholastically with the senior varsity team in the
sports of football, volleyball, and basketball.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Problem is, such a rule would not keep clubs from "stepping on High School athletics toes." Nothing the SCHSL does is in any way binding on clubs. What it WOULD do is create a situation in which, by scheduling events that coincide with the high school season, clubs could effectively force players to choose between not taking advantage of the opportunities that the clubs experiences offer, or not playing high school soccer at all.

Given the opinions voiced here regularly about clubs that would prefer their players NOT play high school soccer...do you think this would make them less likely to schedule conflicting events?

Put players (or anyone else, for that matter) in a situation where they are forced to make a choice, and you might not like the choices they end up making. Often they become a little biased against the party that is forcing the choice. Compromise, on the other hand, is more likely to result in a situation where the player can benefit from both teams, and both teams can benefit from the player. Any other way, somebody loses...and the players would lose something with either choice.

Just sayin'.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard