Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
brace
brace
Maybe we should look at going the other way, make it easier for school players to become involved with clubs "affiliated" with the school. The rules now really prevent a coach/school/club from working together to put teams on the field, but maybe we could change thing to get more players involved with playing if there was more "local" involvement. You would know the clubs then would work to prevent conflict. Does it open some other cans of worms, yes but are they going to be any worse than we seem to have now? Who knows maybe District/County teams from multiple schools would be the higher levels with region then upper/lower state and finally state would be the pyramid we could build on. (Na never gonna happen to may people would have to take smaller bite of the pie!)

F
bench
bench
F
Those of you defending clubs are correct. It is not all about the money, that's the choice and decision of the parents. But it is about the attitude of the directors and coaches of the clubs, the level of coaching or lack thereof in the case of the upstate club, having coaches who set the right example by the language they use and their off the field behavior, having fair and real tryouts, and being honest among other things. Having a nice little ceremony for those that are playing college ball is laughable based on how little the club does to help make that happen. To a player, I have never talked to anyone who has been satisfied with the help they got for their kid to play in college. In many cases, they did everything totally on their own. As long as we pay, we are the customer and they have some obligation to disclose and communicate up front what the season will bring. Again, we have the choice and I am thankful that I chose to disassociate my family with their racket. This board helps get the word out so people can judge the satisfaction level of their customers.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Club soccer has its ups and downs..I don't think anyone will argue that..We were involved with club ball for eleven years and If I had to do it over again..I would in a skinny minute..We have memories and friends that can not be replaced from club ball..If it was not your cup of tea..thats okay too..No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and making them pay..
I appreciate someone that is willing to quit and walk away from club ball..I would appreciate it more if they could walk away without sounding off..

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
That's the exact problem with Club Ball. Too many people do not "sound off".

Maybe Club needs to ask itself, why is Club continually getting bashed in this forum?

Club needs to remember who the customer is!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Clubs know who the customers are..That's why they are the size they are..More are satisfied than dissatisfied..Most that have problems are personal issues with the club..Not everyone can be made happy and that's not what it's there for to begin with..

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Maybe we should look at going the other way, make it easier for school players to become involved with clubs "affiliated" with the school. The rules now really prevent a coach/school/club from working together to put teams on the field, but maybe we could change thing to get more players involved with playing if there was more "local" involvement. You would know the clubs then would work to prevent conflict. Does it open some other cans of worms, yes but are they going to be any worse than we seem to have now? Who knows maybe District/County teams from multiple schools would be the higher levels with region then upper/lower state and finally state would be the pyramid we could build on. (Na never gonna happen to may people would have to take smaller bite of the pie!)

Why can't a coach from a high school have more than 2-3 players from his/her school on a summer league team. It seems if players from a high school want to play as a team
in a league, even a club league, and use their high school coach it should be allowed. I know this happened to mauldin softball a few years ago and they had to forfeit a season because she had to many of her players on the team. I don't see the harm

C
Coach
Coach
C
Simply put, the League sees that as a way of circumventing the "closed season" restrictions on team practices.

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Why can't a coach from a high school have more than 2-3 players from his/her school on a summer league team. It seems if players from a high school want to play as a team
in a league, even a club league, and use their high school coach it should be allowed. I know this happened to mauldin softball a few years ago and they had to forfeit a season because she had to many of her players on the team. I don't see the harm

HS Teams are allowed to play during the summer:
"Ten days of competition are permitted June 1 - July 23, 2011. Participation at team camps and other outside organizations is included in these 10 days. No school will be permitted to attend or participate in team camps between July 24, 2011 and In-Season."

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Having a nice little ceremony for those that are playing college ball is laughable based on how little the club does to help make that happen. To a player, I have never talked to anyone who has been satisfied with the help they got for their kid to play in college. In many cases, they did everything totally on their own.

As related to college recruiting, I believe it is all about setting levels of expectations. I expect the club to offer my child a high level of training…which they do. I also expect the club to offer my child numerous exposure (ECNL, ODP, Region play, etc) opportunities…which they do. I expect the coaches and directors to use their existing networks with college coaches to HELP promote my child…which they do.
Video cameras are cheap…and lots of available software to assist me in putting together a recruiting highlight video to provide schools my child is interested in attending. I’m sure the club do more to assist parents in recruiting, but they must also be careful not to get on the wrong side of the NCAA. We (parents) can’t just stand around and not take any responsibility for the recruiting process. There are other parents who have sons/daughters playing college soccer that have already been through the recruiting process. Maybe they would be another resource we can tap into for information.

As in many things…if folks would take ownership of the situation and quit whining…maybe they would be more pleased with the results.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

"Coaching outside teams during a closed season is permissible provided the 75% rule is not violated."

For soccer 75% is 8 players. A high school coach can coach up to 8 of her/his high school players on an outside team.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard