Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
brace
brace
So Coach what is the reason league wants to prevent "closed" season practice?

Soccer season never seems "closed" anymore

My basic thought is that keeping more kids playing together will improve the level of soccer (in general) we see at high school, and provide some benefits to the kids/community because of the intangibles that come with playing for local pride and keeping kids playing sports and off streets and video games.
I would think there could be a way we could change the club structures to imbrace the idea of developing local teams vice each club sucking up the best that it can get, no matter where they have to get them from.
By the way, No I am not blaming the clubs for people wanting to play there because they have a winning team. I am wondering if this is the best situation or if we can make it better.

Last edited by The Chief; 03/21/11 06:39 PM.
F
bench
bench
F
Well the club did not offer high level of training, they were terribly uncoordinated in scheduling matches and making sure officials were there or that the fields had lights for night games. The club did not use their high level of contacts to help with recruiting even when asked. It very well relates to the particular coach and situation. There are good coaches in the clubs. You can call it whining, I call it accountability. If someone is foolish enough to pay for this, drink the kool aid, and pump sunshine out more power to them.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't remember anyone promising my son or daughter a free ride to college thru soccer..It's not why they played the game.A player's ability will dictate whether colleges are interested or not..Not a coach or club..

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe we should look at going the other way, make it easier for school players to become involved with clubs "affiliated" with the school. The rules now really prevent a coach/school/club from working together to put teams on the field, but maybe we could change thing to get more players involved with playing if there was more "local" involvement. You would know the clubs then would work to prevent conflict. Does it open some other cans of worms, yes but are they going to be any worse than we seem to have now? Who knows maybe District/County teams from multiple schools would be the higher levels with region then upper/lower state and finally state would be the pyramid we could build on. (Na never gonna happen to may people would have to take smaller bite of the pie!)

Why can't a coach from a high school have more than 2-3 players from his/her school on a summer league team. It seems if players from a high school want to play as a team
in a league, even a club league, and use their high school coach it should be allowed. I know this happened to mauldin softball a few years ago and they had to forfeit a season because she had to many of her players on the team. I don't see the harm

"Coaching outside teams during a closed season is permissible provided the 75% rule is not violated."

For soccer 75% is 8 players. A high school coach can coach up to 8 of her/his high school players on an outside team.

Thats better. Why restrictions at all. Unfair advantage?

C
Coach
Coach
C
In a nutshell, yes. For all the detail that won't fit in a nutshell, I turn it over to Coach P!

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

http://schsl.org/2010/10handbook.htm

Ever feel like we're among a tiny minority who have actually read that thing?

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

QFT

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Comes from my upbringing. I grew up in a household in which my father constantly responded to our statements with "Can you document that?"

And BTW, my dad was once the principal at Macedonia High School.

C
Coach
Coach
C
In my house it was "how do you know?" Lots of emphasis on the "Power of Prove-it."

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard