Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
brace
brace
Some I find interesting:

"E. Participation on junior varsity and "B" teams will be left to the discretion of the local school
authorities. It is recommended that teams below the varsity level be restricted to students in
the tenth grade and below."

How many schools follow this?

"G. College tryouts during a sport season are prohibited in that sport."

Is this not what we say all these soccer touney's are about? (I know they are not "tryouts" but.......)
or

"In Season
Participation on an outside team during a sport season is permitted in all sports except football. College
or professional try-outs during the season in all sports are prohibited. Violation of this policy renders a
student ineligible to return to his/her school team."

Guess if tourney's were tryouts the Viking cup would have had all those players or the school would be down those players all year.

"1. If a coach from a school (including volunteer coaches) is associated with an outside team, no..."

????Volunteer???? who tracks this one
and

"....This restriction applies to
all students who were included on the school's certificate of eligibility and dressed for a varsity game during the previous season."

I guess it is a good thing we do not count a club with multiple teams under this even though they sometimes train and practice together.

"Also, there is no restriction on baseball or softball during the months of May, June, and July as it pertains to the 75% rule."

and how come Softball and baseball get out of the rules for summer, when they play on non-school teams yet soccer does not for its non school team season???

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quote:

Those of you defending clubs are correct. It is not all about the money, that's the choice and decision of the parents. But it is about the attitude of the directors and coaches of the clubs, the level of coaching or lack thereof in the case of the upstate club, having coaches who set the right example by the language they use and their off the field behavior, having fair and real tryouts, and being honest among other things. Having a nice little ceremony for those that are playing college ball is laughable based on how little the club does to help make that happen. To a player, I have never talked to anyone who has been satisfied with the help they got for their kid to play in college. In many cases, they did everything totally on their own. As long as we pay, we are the customer and they have some obligation to disclose and communicate up front what the season will bring. Again, we have the choice and I am thankful that I chose to disassociate my family with their racket. This board helps get the word out so people can judge the satisfaction level of their customers.

I can't believe Harry has not responded to this.

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quote:

Well the club did not offer high level of training, they were terribly uncoordinated in scheduling matches and making sure officials were there or that the fields had lights for night games. The club did not use their high level of contacts to help with recruiting even when asked. It very well relates to the particular coach and situation. There are good coaches in the clubs. You can call it whining, I call it accountability. If someone is foolish enough to pay for this, drink the kool aid, and pump sunshine out more power to them.

I really can't believe Harry did not respond to this.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Some I find interesting:

"E. Participation on junior varsity and "B" teams will be left to the discretion of the local school
authorities. It is recommended that teams below the varsity level be restricted to students in
the tenth grade and below."

How many schools follow this?

"G. College tryouts during a sport season are prohibited in that sport."

Is this not what we say all these soccer touney's are about? (I know they are not "tryouts" but.......)
or

"In Season
Participation on an outside team during a sport season is permitted in all sports except football. College
or professional try-outs during the season in all sports are prohibited. Violation of this policy renders a
student ineligible to return to his/her school team."

Guess if tourney's were tryouts the Viking cup would have had all those players or the school would be down those players all year.

"1. If a coach from a school (including volunteer coaches) is associated with an outside team, no..."

????Volunteer???? who tracks this one
and

"....This restriction applies to
all students who were included on the school's certificate of eligibility and dressed for a varsity game during the previous season."

I guess it is a good thing we do not count a club with multiple teams under this even though they sometimes train and practice together.

"Also, there is no restriction on baseball or softball during the months of May, June, and July as it pertains to the 75% rule."

and how come Softball and baseball get out of the rules for summer, when they play on non-school teams yet soccer does not for its non school team season???

OMG. I'm lost.

brace
brace
Should I type slower? or Bigger?

No I get it, it needs spaced out. I was just pointing out specific rules.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Should I type slower? or Bigger?

No I get it, it needs spaced out. I was just pointing out specific rules.

I think I'll just study the NCAA rules. Lot easier.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
actually, the mauldin thing came about cause a father of a player who was cut, threw everyone else under the bus.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
What good is a championship if you don't play the best. Don't punish the players, suspend the coach.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

Those of you defending clubs are correct. It is not all about the money, that's the choice and decision of the parents. But it is about the attitude of the directors and coaches of the clubs, the level of coaching or lack thereof in the case of the upstate club, having coaches who set the right example by the language they use and their off the field behavior, having fair and real tryouts, and being honest among other things. Having a nice little ceremony for those that are playing college ball is laughable based on how little the club does to help make that happen. To a player, I have never talked to anyone who has been satisfied with the help they got for their kid to play in college. In many cases, they did everything totally on their own. As long as we pay, we are the customer and they have some obligation to disclose and communicate up front what the season will bring. Again, we have the choice and I am thankful that I chose to disassociate my family with their racket. This board helps get the word out so people can judge the satisfaction level of their customers.

I can't believe Harry has not responded to this.

Sorry, I have to work sometimes too. And you may be right, the dinner Sunday night may be laughable if the club did nothing for the college careers of the players involved. I wasn't there, but I talked to someone who was. (so some of what follows is hearsay and you know how I hate that) Should we talk about the money-hungry club feeding 150 people steak, chicken, etc. etc. and giving 30 players and Adidas jacket and shirt? No, let's not talk about that.

We'll stick with the club not doing anything to help these players get to college. There were two girls from the 92s that are going to Furman next year to play. I guess they were born good enough to play there? There is a girl that came from Columbia for the last 5 years to play on the 92s. Now she's going to get an education from Wofford paid for. I guess she was just born good enough to play there too? As a matter of fact, I believe there were 13 players off of that team that are playing in college next year. Their coach had nothing to do with that? No phone calls were made on player's behalf? No events were scheduled at Mesa that involved college coaches?

I would hope that more people read this too. They can then get some facts to balance out the bitterness that the 6-7 of you spew back and forth to each other in an attempt to satisfy the grudge you have with the club that many of the rest of us care very much for.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Harry, first off, glad to see you back online.

Question for you- How does Kool-Aid taste with steak?

What flavor was served?

Thanks.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard