Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
throw in
throw in
B
Waka you know nothing about soccer or the players.

O
bench
bench
O
Waka may miss a few good players-but overall he is spot on.

B
brace
brace
B
The point, as always, is:

Rating kids on a weekly basis is irrelevant. As I've said before, there's a core of 25-30 kids across the state who'd start for any team. We all know who they are. It's impossible (and pointless) to differentiate.

B
brace
brace
B
And, since it's impossible for any single person (or group) to see them all in a given week, there is no valid basis to rank them, much less change ranking from week to week.

Not a "hay-tuh" ... just a realist who actually knows something more about athletic performance than who scored four goals in a 10-0 rout.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Quote:

Waka you know nothing about soccer or the players.

Oh! But I do. I've assembled a team ranging from all levels of high school soccer around the state from the streets of Marbolo County through the boat ramps of Lake Murray and Chapin over the bridge into my country land of Mt. Pleasant! We have weekly conference calls and video is reviewed every weekend and countless hours goes into these rankings! If your not good enough to be considered, Work harded you'll get there one day hopefully.

Last edited by wakaflockamyers; 03/31/11 03:16 PM.
B
brace
brace
B
What a crock.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Here are some images of the FAWGs OF SPRING panel of judges from last weeks rankings committee meetings...as you can see, their soccer knowledge is quite extensive.

Eric deliberating over whether Ricardo Garbanzo's injury will drop him from the list next week

Becks stops to sign some autographs before the deliberations begin. We fly him in weekly from LA. We let Posh in too. She knows more about HS soccer in SC than most of you. She also knows how to put on a hot "pouty face".

Diego Maradona gives his thumbs up approval to Emmett Lunceford being number 3 on the list. In closing, he was quoted as saying "the guy has to show up in big games. I know about showing up in big games!". It was later reported that Diego was seen flaunting his figure at Red Hots in 5 Points.

John Terry was flown in on my private jet piloted by a bevy of beauties who are on my payroll. We have John marked as head of "teammate relations". He specializes in recognizing those players who are not necessarily amazing players but great leaders and fantastic teammates. These players do the things off the field that every team needs to be a cohesive and successful squad...

Kimbo Slice acts as our personal security coordinator to ensure the validity and confidentiality of our proceedings. He also enforces the panel's right to post these rankings. He's very upset with a few of you right now. We have your addresses. We know who you are. Lock your doors tonight...although it won't matter.

When we originally had the idea for this focus group, we wondered "who would be the best candidate to represent us?" When it was all deliberated and done with, there was only one clear choice. Here is the CEO of FAWGs OF SPRING as he reads statements from Backscreen117 that criticize this list. As you can see, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, tsunamis, nuclear radiation, and the economy do not perplex him as much as this.

Puttin A's on B's
B
throw in
throw in
B
Waka: I graduated already and have a few rings, not a big deal.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Quote:

Congratulations! (Pat on the head)

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

I bet you look strapping all g'd up with your rings on at clubs you attend named "Off Shore Drilling Company", "Club Cabaret", "Club H2O - An Alternative Watering Hole" and so on.

Puttin A's on B's
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard