3. Noel McDaniel, BC
4. Deangelus Anderson, BL
5. Krista Hagler, Riv
6. India Robinson, CHS
7. Allison Pantuosco, Clover
8. Lindsey Tuten, WH
9. Stephanie Devita, Hil
10. Hannah Allison, Riv

(These rankings are calculated based on votes from highly trained professionals who specialize in evaluating the quality and nature of High School Soccer)

Wow, I think six of those girls have been teammates at one time or another, pretty impressive.

"Duh,WINNING."
bench
bench
Quote:

Kasey Black from Woodruff should be on the list. May have misspelled her name. Stephanie D. too low.

Best power I have seen is from a Riverside forward who loves to blind side defenders with an elbow to the jaw. Seen it twice this season, pretty cool. Acts like she is jumping to do something and throws it to person looking the other way, our kid needed her jaw popped back in place. Sort of like a super man punch in MMA since she is jumping into them. Call it the super girl elbow! Sorry if this offends the guilty. And she should be Dqed each time.

Wow! How many red cards has she been given? Maybe the officials see it differently than the unbiased fans of an opponent.

goal kick
goal kick
Thank you Hurst for your posting. As the parent of this Riverside forward that is being referred to I feel like I need to say that while she does play aggressive, she does not do this with the intent to hurt anyone. In fact I believe that it was the State game last year where she stopped to help one of the players on the opposing team stretch out a cramp. Yes she plays through the ball and uses her upper body strength to head the ball...but it is defintely not in the manner that this "parent" is referring to. I actually think that if this parent has girls playing...he has forgotten that they are all still 17/18 year olds and he might need to control his own mouth while the game is being played or not get on a public form and bash another person's child, without actually knowing that child.

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
world cup
world cup
You are welcome.

I don't believe your coach would ever allow her to play in an unsporting manner.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Calling out a high school girls player???? If you're from the HS I think you're from, you're probably wishing you had 11 forwards like the one from Riverside. She's been in the state finals the past 3 years and has helped bring home a state championship in 2 of them. A first teamer all state last year,an all region player twice. Maybe you need to toughen your HS team up a little bit.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Where are all the Pelion Ladies at?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I love this thread...keep the rankings coming. It should be noticed when girls do great things on the field.

Waka keep an eye on Casey Black from Woodruff, Megan Fish from Pinewood and the forward from Ridge View...definitely honorable mentions.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Aggressive play hardly, I don't know the young lady being called super elbow girl, but coaches know who the physical players are, and they do encourage physical play sometimes by being the special marker, sending them into harms way or letting them play on. Opposing coaches will also try having their players chip away to try and get to get a player to blow their top and take them out of the game. Some call them enforcers, teammates look to them as leaders or protectors. My daughter when she played had a coach without a clue lots of talent on the team but under achieved was a yearly event. So some yes coaches (boys and girls) encourage boarderline play either directly or indirectly. The big problem is most are still to young to get the proper balance on their own.

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
bench
bench
Physicality is a part of soccer. I think that's what makes it such a great game, the elite soccer player is in better physical shape than almost any other sport. What we are seeing in alot of these High School games is Brutality, teams trying to make up for their lack of skill with sheer brute force. We recently had a game that looked more like a Hockey Game than a soccer match. I must say that the Referee completely lost control of the game from the beginning. There are girls who have promising college careers ahead of them who are putting it all on the line everytime they walk on the field to battle these coaches, teams and referees that don't have a clue what a real soccer game looks like.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Calling out players is just wrong. But if you are going to call out one, you need to call out at least 5 more on that list for pretty much the same thing.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard