Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Be sure to add them to the Eurosport Scoreboard as well!

http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/page_state.php?s=SC

L
bench
bench
L
Mann 1 Hillcrest 0

C
Coach
Coach
C
Academic Magnet 7
Berkeley 0

0-2 at half...needless to say, not our best night for sustained effort. Very disappointed with how we ended that game.

I've got good news and bad news...
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Greenville 1
Eastside 0

)

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Greenville 1
Eastside 0

)

Way to go!!

C
Goal
Goal
C
Can someone post the score of Clover vs. Lancaster

Heard it was 1-1 this correct?

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Game was called at 1 - 1 when a Clover player went down with a neck injury. EMS was called and the player was put in a neck brace and on a board and taken to the hospital.
Thankfully, the player was released from the hospital sometime this morning with no major damage.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Also, Cantona.

Not sure what will happen.
I assume that:
1. The game will resume at 1 - 1 from the point it was stopped OR
2. The game will be completely replayed.

Not sure what the rules say about this type of situation.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Good to hear that the player has been released and is doing ok.

Was the game called in the second half?

hat-trick
hat-trick
From the SCHSL Rules and Regulations:
In the event a soccer game is called prior to completion of one half because of conditions, which makes it impossible to continue play, the game will be resumed from the point of interruption.

hat-trick
hat-trick
The SCHSL Rules and Regulations also say: "No match may end in a tie."

bench
bench
The Clover Player was threatened and assaulted. The Lancaster player said "I am going to Slam you" she proceeded to pick the player up , slam her to the ground on her head and knee'd her on the way down. As all of this is going on, the Clover goalie is on the ground with pocession of the ball being repeatedly kicked.
What took place at the Lancaster Stadium was an attrocity and a crime. Lancaster had NO trainer on site and a Clover parent called the ambulance fromt the stands.
The incompetent FOOTBALL referee allowed this to happen. Lancaster's Coach is a disgrace and needs to step down as he should not be allowed to be associated with children.
As far as the game being called, Clover should be awarded the win and Lancaster should have to forfeit.
Not seriously injured? Two sprained rotator cuffs, deep tissue bruising to the neck and back. If any other teams have encountered what Clover has seen twice now at the hands of Lancaster please step-up SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE TO STOP THIS MADNESS!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Was the assault reported to the police and is the player pressing charges?

brace
brace
Was any kind of card awarded, before or after the event?

Were they using a 2 or 3 man ref system?

bench
bench
The Police were at the stadium but I do not know if any report was filed.
There were numerous cards given, mostly to Clover.
First Half: Clover goalie on ground with pocession of ball, the same girl from Lancaster stepped on the goalies arm and kicked the goalie in the face and took the ball out of her arms. Goalie had cleat marks on arm! Ref would not even acknowledge the goalies plea for him to look. No card,no foul, goal stood.
Second Half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her, Clover girl carded.
The incident that sent the girl to the hospital...NOTHING Ref said he didn't see it!
There was a 3 ref system being used.

Goal
Goal
Did you video tape the game? If you haven't, you should. You want to put someone's a** on blast you need to have video evidence. Parental complaints are not enough :/

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
What happened in the first meeting last week?. Also it seems the ref was throwing cards before the incident which usually keeps game in check. Hate to be a red neck; but if I witness someone slam my daughter I would have to be bailed out the following day.

brace
brace
Ok so at this point it sounds like names of Refs, coaches, and players should be refered to all the possible outlets to get interest in the "real" story being told, TV , newspaper, state league officals ect...

Squeaking wheel gets the grease, and if you were wronged then start squeaking, but do not look here for solutions, this is the place to vent and little will come of it.

hat-trick
hat-trick
When a serious injury incident occurs in a game, the referee is supposed to submit a game report to the SCHSL.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Why was the game called by the referees? I have refereed and coached in games before that were stopped for up to an hour while EMS came and transported an injured player. After the player was transported, the game was resumed. Why was last night's game not resumed?

C
Goal
Goal
C
Due to bad field conditions, Northwestern vs. Rock Hill has been re-scheduled for Wed. April 6th at District 3 stadium.

JV kick off at 5:30pm and Varsity at 7pm

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

What happened in the first meeting last week?. Also it seems the ref was throwing cards before the incident which usually keeps game in check. Hate to be a red neck; but if I witness someone slam my daughter I would have to be bailed out the following day.

There is nothing wrong with being a redneck when someone has assaulted your child. Not to mention I've had much worse food than is served at the Greenville LEC

Last edited by FXDWG; 04/05/11 07:46 PM.
bench
bench
When the game was called, the player in question ran and locked herself in the locker room. The game was not taped so evidence in video form does not exist. SCHL should investigate and DQ the girl for the remainder of the season as well as suspend the coach for the next few games since this is obviously the soccer culture of Lancaster.

brace
brace
Well there are cooler heads here after the fact to analyze the events.
so....
You coaches and refs out there what should have happened, given that the story is being relayed fairly correctly?

Perhaps more importantly what actions would you recomend be taken by the Clover schools and parents?

How should the SCHSL come down on this?

I
throw in
throw in
I
Quote:

So let me get this right Patriot, You would charge out on the field and do bodily harm to a female soccer player cause your little Suzy can not take care of herself. Unbelievable, You sound like a real man to me.

"Duh,WINNING."
bench
bench
Well, since he incident happened in the box, it makes one wonder how the refs did not see it.

bench
bench
Post deleted by 18&Strike

H
brace
brace
H
thanks 18&strike. saved me the typing

C
throw in
throw in
C
@Conway
West Florence 1
Conway 0

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

So let me get this right Patriot, You would charge out on the field and do bodily harm to a female soccer player cause your little Suzy can not take care of herself. Unbelievable, You sound like a real man to me.

Oh no. I was gonna send my wife. And quit taking things so literally. I would never charge on a field because I don't live in Rock Hill.It takes two to tango usually in these games.. Exciting thing is we have a good chance of playing Clover in the playoffs.

Last edited by patriot; 04/06/11 12:00 AM.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

[ Exciting thing is we have a good chance of playing Clover in the playoffs.

Still vying for that coveted 5th place region finish!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
@ Easley

Woodmont - 2
Easley - 1

OT - PK's

corner kick
corner kick
Mauldin 3
Boiling Springs 0

Only time will tell
corner kick
corner kick
@ CCES

Christ Church 6
Landrum 0

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Shannon Forest- 3
Asheville Christian(NC)- 2

S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 4
at Dorman 0

D
bench
bench
D
@summerville

Summerville-0
Ashley Ridge-0

Summerville won in PKs.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Swansea 3
Cardinal Newman 2
4-2 pk's
Great game and good luck to the CN ladies down the stretch!

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
@ Irmo

Irmo 4
Dutch Fork 1

corner kick
corner kick
At Beaufort

Beaufort 2
Stratford 0

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Quote:

The Police were at the stadium but I do not know if any report was filed.
There were numerous cards given, mostly to Clover.
First Half: Clover goalie on ground with pocession of ball, the same girl from Lancaster stepped on the goalies arm and kicked the goalie in the face and took the ball out of her arms. Goalie had cleat marks on arm! Ref would not even acknowledge the goalies plea for him to look. No card,no foul, goal stood.
Second Half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her, Clover girl carded.
The incident that sent the girl to the hospital...NOTHING Ref said he didn't see it!
There was a 3 ref system being used.

Another point of view...

There were numerous cards given, 2 to Lancaster and 4 to Clover.

1st half: Clover goalie looses control of ball after shot on goal. The keeper is crawling and reaching to regain control. Lancaster player touches the ball into the goal from 3 yards out. Goal. A keeper on the ground crawling amoung 3 or 4 players kicking at the ball is in all likelyhood not going to escape unscathed.

2nd half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her but clips her in the forehead with her shoe, Clover girl carded. Lancaster keeper leaves game but returns shortly.

The incident that sent the girl to the hospital was a Lancaster corner with five minutes left in regulation. The ball dropped in front of the goal and was knocked around quite a few times before slipping through to the keeper on the goaline. Most of both teams players were in the penalty area with the majority of them right in front of the goal. Every player within the goal area was fighting for the ball. The referee did not see what happened that caused the injury. Just too many bodies and too much going on to make a destinction.

This game was a very physical game by both teams. One team was not dirtier or more physical than the other. The thing I did notice was Clover seemed to be the team questioning every call and non call especially in the 2nd half, and that was something their coach should have handled. Lancaster, on the other hand, seemed to be playing hard and keeping their mouths shut. Perhaps in the end that was the biggest difference in this game.

Last edited by Realist; 04/06/11 03:47 AM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Realist, it sounds like you were at the game. Were you, by chance, one of the officials? Do you know why the game was not resumed?

brace
brace
Realist were you there as a spectator or scouting them for Rock Hill HS? (not questioning your imparitality, or how you saw it, just wondering why you were there? might help those who might question it if you say why)

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
I was the official. The game was suspended because the Clover players were very concerned for their injured teamate. Many were emotional. Had the game continued I don't think anything good would have come from it.

brace
brace
Thanks for the answer, makes it much clearer now, and as I said earlier, afterwards cooler heads should be able to look back and see it for what it was.

hat-trick
hat-trick
So how will the outcome of this game be determined in light of the SCHSL rule that "No match may end in a tie"?

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
4/5/11

Chapin 0-3 Brookland-Cayce
Cecil Woolbright Stadium @ Chapin, SC

Halftime: C 0-3 BC.
Goals: (BC) Nellie Phillips 2, (BC) Noel McDaniel.
Records: C (5-6-0, 3-3 Region 5-3A); BC (9-5-2, 5-1 Region 5-3A).

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Quote:

So how will the outcome of this game be determined in light of the SCHSL rule that "No match may end in a tie"?

That is completely in the hands of the SCHSL. They can either restart the game at the point of the suspenion, replay the game from the start or leave the game as a tie. I think it basicly comes down to how important is it that the game be completed.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

That is completely in the hands of the SCHSL. They can either restart the game at the point of the suspenion, replay the game from the start or leave the game as a tie. I think it basicly comes down to how important is it that the game be completed.

I realize that it is up to the SCHSL and that you don't decide that. But how will they handle this since it can't be a tie? I see nothing in the rules to address this. The rules address a game that is called before halftime due to conditions but I can't find anything that addresses a game that is called after halftime with the score tied. And, whose responsibility is it to inform the SCHSL that this dilemma exists and that a decision needs to be made? Realist, did you or one of the other officials file a game report to SCHSL that indicated the game was unfinished with a 1-1 score?

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Yes I did. It is in their hands now. And like I said in the earlier post, it will be one of those three options. You keep fixating on the can't end in a tie thing. That is a guideline. I assure you it can if there is no need to complete the game. Why go through the time and expense if there is no real need for the match to be completed.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Coach P. I would think that the coaches would call the High School league and inform them. We had a game tied in OT and there was some ruff play on the other sideline, the Center Ref issued a red and was attacked by a parent. He and his AR's left and we could not finish the game. We had to return the next day a take PK's to decide the winner! I would call the HSL ASAP and get if settled. Good luck.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P. I would think that the coaches would call the High School league and inform them. We had a game tied in OT and there was some ruff play on the other sideline, the Center Ref issued a red and was attacked by a parent. He and his AR's left and we could not finish the game. We had to return the next day a take PK's to decide the winner! I would call the HSL ASAP and get if settled. Good luck.

I'm not involved with either school. Just curious.

brace
brace
Not sure they can let it stand as a tie. With it being a region game between likely playoff teams this will play a role in bracket placement.

How about a DIST 3 stadium rematch?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Not sure they can let it stand as a tie. With it being a region game between likely playoff teams this will play a role in bracket placement.

How about a DIST 3 stadium rematch?

Give them both a lost. Settled

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Yes I did. It is in their hands now. And like I said in the earlier post, it will be one of those three options. You keep fixating on the can't end in a tie thing. That is a guideline. I assure you it can if there is no need to complete the game. Why go through the time and expense if there is no real need for the match to be completed.

Yes, they will have to make a decision since you reported it. Not sure why you think the no tie rule is just a guideline. I don't see anything in the SCHSL Rules and Regulations that says it's just a guideline. Item 6 under Boys and Girls Soccer on page B-57 says:

"No match may end in a tie. During the regular season there will be two full five minute overtime
periods. If a tie still exists, penalty kicks by anyone on/off the field will determine the winner."

Why would you think that is not a solid rule since it is pretty explicit in the SCHSL Rules and Regulations? I believe most, if not all, of the region tiebreaker procedures assume that no games end in ties.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
I'm not disputing anything you are saying Coach but I know in the past they have not completed games that did not have playoff implications or some reason that it needed to be completed. That rule is not set in stone. This game will in all likelyhood need to be completed. Both teams are in playoff contention. But if both teams were 1 and 11 and this was not a region game, do you really think the SCHSL would make Clover drive and hour to complete or replay this game?

world cup
world cup
Providence Day just walked off the field after a 0-0 regular season match with Fort Mill earlier this year. It was a SCHSL sanctioned match. I think the game still stands at 0-0 on FM's record. I don't think they got a 1-0 forfeit victory out of it?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
Bench
Bench
T
It's funny to me to see that the ref(s) have not yet picked up on the style that Lancaster plays. I coached against Lancaster for many years and always fear for my player's safety when we play them, not because we aren't a physical team but just because of the number of tackles after we pass the ball or just them not playing the ball as well.

From what I gather, Clover decided to leave the game at half. If I were Clover, I would have done the same thing. Lancaster is coached to play this style of play where its all about physical toughness with no focus on technical ability during practice. The main thing, is that Clover has something to fight for here, where Lancaster, I hope does not make the playoffs and the coach somehow manages to see the damage that he is doing to soccer in their region and the state of south carolina.

The ref states that Clover is a dirty team. I have coached against Clover for many years as well just as I have against Lancaster, and they are a first class team all the way. Clover did the right thing by calling the game then and not allowing anymore of their girls to take trips to the ER.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Please show me where I stated that Clover was a dirty team and Clover did not leave the game at the half. Where are you getting this from?

brace
brace
Member for two years and now your 1st post gets the facts wrong. If you fully read the thread you will likely want to change/edit the post to reflect the facts better. Might want gain a little more credability by saying where you coached, since you used past tenese there should be no issue with that.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I'm not disputing anything you are saying Coach but I know in the past they have not completed games that did not have playoff implications or some reason that it needed to be completed. That rule is not set in stone. This game will in all likelyhood need to be completed. Both teams are in playoff contention. But if both teams were 1 and 11 and this was not a region game, do you really think the SCHSL would make Clover drive and hour to complete or replay this game?

Yes, the SCHSL can decide to waive it's own rule and make an exception. But with all of the tie breakers that consider even non-region games to determine seeding, most games do affect playoff seeding. Especially region games like this one. For example, some of the tie breakers give points for wins based on the final region ranking of the opponent. So a game between two 1-11 teams could affect that points system.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...From what I gather, Clover decided to leave the game at half...

Realist said there were 5 minutes remaining in the match.

T
Bench
Bench
T
My apologies... I used to coach at Rock Hill High School and since have moved down to Columbia.

bench
bench
[quote

This game was a very physical game by both teams. One team was not dirtier or more physical than the other. The thing I did notice was Clover seemed to be the team questioning every call and non call especially in the 2nd half, and that was something their coach should have handled. Lancaster, on the other hand, seemed to be playing hard and keeping their mouths shut. Perhaps in the end that was the biggest difference in this game.

A Lancaster patron threw his stadium chair at the field. Luckily it hit the wall and not a person. That too was UNSEEN or IGNORED! Also a group of so called Adults were standing at the end of the field yelling at the Clover players to "get on the bus" and the Lancaster players to "crack them up". Wonder who's job it was to control all of that.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

A Lancaster patron threw his stadium chair at the field. Luckily it hit the wall and not a person. That too was UNSEEN or IGNORED! Also a group of so called Adults were standing at the end of the field yelling at the Clover players to "get on the bus" and the Lancaster players to "crack them up". Wonder who's job it was to control all of that.

It is the job of the host school's site administrator. It is not the responsibility of the referee.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
How many times have I heard......that the number one responsibility of the referee is player safety?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
From Realist post...

"Another point of view...

1st half: Clover goalie looses control of ball after shot on goal. The keeper is crawling and reaching to regain control. Lancaster player touches the ball into the goal from 3 yards out. Goal. A keeper on the ground crawling amoung 3 or 4 players kicking at the ball is in all likelyhood not going to escape unscathed.

2nd half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her but clips her in the forehead with her shoe, Clover girl carded. Lancaster keeper leaves game but returns shortly."

I wasn't at the match, but have Clover friends who were. I also have a daughter (never went to Clover) who is a keeper.

Per first point above....Clover keeper had possession of the ball and got trucked, thereby losing control of the ball leading to the scrum that got her hurt.

Realist.....general consensus is you did not protect the players. You card one kid who in your words attempts to avoid contact, then apparentyl allow open season on the Clover goalie.

I wasn't there, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But as you said in your initial post there is another perspective. And that other perspective is that you failed in protecting the players. Right or wrong, that is the perspective.

And whether its coaching philosphy or lax officiating, more and more skilled kids will QUIT playing high school soccer becasue of this crap.

People should stop ducking the issues and deal with the problem. Dont' confuse aggressive, passionate, physical play with reckless and allegedly blatant attempts to hurt or intimidate the other team. Which from the Clover perspective....is exactly what happened.

On the other thread there are a handful of people including several from the coaching ranks who attest to the style of play of Clover. No one has said boo in defense of Lancaster....except Realist, who refereed and who equated the two teams style of play, other than to note that CLover had more cards and whined about non-calls.

Again... another perspective from one who has seen CLover MANY times over the years.

Wonder if some parent videotaped the game?

Kickoff
Kickoff
I don't know about Clover being "dirty", but if Lancaster is still coached by 'Ol Bo, then the answer would definitely be 'yes' for LHS!

brace
brace
Sounds like this stuff was off the field of play after the game had by ended. That would be the school admin's and police officers problem.

Player saftey is within the Ref's control on the field but off the field the school and police should be looked at very hard for the actions they did not take in this case.

If the player was hurt (slamed to ground) during play in a tight crowd in front of a goal I can see how that could be missed. (depending on how it happened)

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
"If the player was hurt (slamed to ground) during play in a tight crowd in front of a goal I can see how that could be missed. (depending on how it happened) "

Agreed, if it were an isolated incident. If it were an alleged pattern of behaviour, I think I would be watching.

I don't agree that the referee is exempt from controlling off field behavior. I have seen referees stop games and threaten parents with expulsion for persistent abusive language. And it was the right thing to do.

Not saying the home school doesn't have primary responsibility. But again.....the referee has to protect the players and keep control of the game. And if the off-field stuff threatens to spill out onto the field....thats where the ref has to take control.

IMO.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

How many times have I heard......that the number one responsibility of the referee is player safety?

I'm not sure how you relate the described activities by a "patron" and "so called Adults" to player safety. The referee can't, and is not supposed to, control the behavior of the fans. If activities that are dangerous to players threaten to spill onto the field (like throwing stadium chairs), the referee can stop play until the administrator (or security or police) restores order. As a referee I have had to stop play when spectators' actions disrupted the game. I simply told the coach that the game would not recommence until he or the site administrator stop the behavior or removed the people causing the disturbance.

bench
bench
Totally agree Big Daddy. If you are known for being an "aggressive" team and cards were issued, then refs should look closer. How can ANY REF within eyeshot not see a girl picked up and slammed??? Should I be teaching this to my 9 year old soccer team that it is part of soccer or did the refs decide to let it play out despite a the smallest player on the field flying thru the air. Did you think she was gearing up for a bicycle kick??? I am baffled how a ref can miss it and not to mention how a ref can get on a public forum and say a team was whining. Isn't that a conflict of interests, you ref a game, then rip the team afterwards. I hope you are not assigned to Clover anymore since you have a preconceieved notion about them.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I don't agree that the referee is exempt from controlling off field behavior. I have seen referees stop games and threaten parents with expulsion for persistent abusive language. And it was the right thing to do.

Stop the game, yes. Threaten or get into discussions with parents or fans, no. That is the responsibility of the school officials. If they can't control things, then the referee's only recourse is the abandon the match.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Coach,

If we're in the middle of an emotional, heated, overly physical game.....and the temperatures off the field are now reaching the point to where adults are screaming at kids and throwing stuff out onto the field.....you don't think there is a chance of that escalating a mob mentality of behaviour on the field? I do.

Also....I don't want or expect a referee to maintain any sort of dialogue whatsoever with parents. In fact...it always annoys me when a referee so obliges the parents.

What I want.......is for the referee to be aware of his/her environment.....and if necessary, warn those off the field if their behaviour is interfering with the integrity of the game. If they do not heed his/her warning he should stop the game until the offending persons are removed from the premises.

Thats not a dialogue. Its taking ownership of what happens and its absolutely the hallmark of a good referee. You can't stop people from acting like jerks and fools. But you can keep it from becoming a part of the game and effecting the game.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Totally agree Big Daddy. If you are known for being an "aggressive" team and cards were issued, then refs should look closer. How can ANY REF within eyeshot not see a girl picked up and slammed??? Should I be teaching this to my 9 year old soccer team that it is part of soccer or did the refs decide to let it play out despite a the smallest player on the field flying thru the air. Did you think she was gearing up for a bicycle kick??? I am baffled how a ref can miss it and not to mention how a ref can get on a public forum and say a team was whining. Isn't that a conflict of interests, you ref a game, then rip the team afterwards. I hope you are not assigned to Clover anymore since you have a preconceieved notion about them.

Realist did not say anyone was "whining". He said they were the team questioning calls or no-calls.

As far as I can tell, Realist is the only neutral party who was there and who has described the situation on this forum. We should thank him, instead of criticizing him, for giving us a neutral recounting of the events. Everyone else that has described "assault", "slammin", dirty play, etc, is associated with one of the teams and definitely will see things in the light of their teams. As has been said on this message board plenty of times, the way a game played out or whether a referee call was correct typically depends entirely on which team you pull for.

I have recently been to several games between teams that I had no connection to so that I was a completely neutral party. The fans around me were all for one team and were apparently watching a different game than the one I saw. They saw fouls I didn't see, didn't see fouls I saw, and saw "blatant, intentional, hitting & shoving" that was not on the field I was watching.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach,

If we're in the middle of an emotional, heated, overly physical game.....and the temperatures off the field are now reaching the point to where adults are screaming at kids and throwing stuff out onto the field.....you don't think there is a chance of that escalating a mob mentality of behaviour on the field? I do.

Also....I don't want or expect a referee to maintain any sort of dialogue whatsoever with parents. In fact...it always annoys me when a referee so obliges the parents.

What I want.......is for the referee to be aware of his/her environment.....and if necessary, warn those off the field if their behaviour is interfering with the integrity of the game. If they do not heed his/her warning he should stop the game until the offending persons are removed from the premises.

Thats not a dialogue. Its taking ownership of what happens and its absolutely the hallmark of a good referee. You can't stop people from acting like jerks and fools. But you can keep it from becoming a part of the game and effecting the game.

In referee training, I was always taught not to do what you are describing. Stop the match and let the coach or school official handle that. Verbal communication with a spectator about their behavior can lead to all sorts of problems.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Quote:

How can ANY REF within eyeshot not see a girl picked up and slammed??? I am baffled how a ref can miss it and not to mention how a ref can get on a public forum and say a team was whining. Isn't that a conflict of interests, you ref a game, then rip the team afterwards. I hope you are not assigned to Clover anymore since you have a preconceieved notion about them.

Again, words are being put into my mouth. I did not say Clover was whinning. I said the Clover players were questioning every call and non call. And I do not have a preconceived notion about them. As far as the injured player being picked up and slammed to the ground, I don't believe that. I was ten yard away and I would have seen something like that.

bench
bench
Nope, this stuff was off the field but during the game. Chair was thrown within the first few minutes of the game when Lancaster received their first yellow card. That set the tone, it just got progressively worse. I'm not a legal expert but there is some term for a crowd cheering on an illegal crime adding to the intensity of an event. These kids thought they were PLEASING their fans. That's what really makes all of this so SAD, WRONG and SCARY.

bench
bench
I just really think that as a ref, you should not mention what other teams do and not do. Again, conflict of interest. To think it is one thing, but to post is another. I know they are opinions, but an official at any level or sport should not be commenting on certain teams.. IMHO

brace
brace
If it was a WWF quality body slam, then no I would guess it could not be missed. However if everyone is running/jumping around on a corner kick, and I am sure both sides were shoving and tugging alot cause everyone does on corners, and a player who jumped up was grabbed and push by another player in the crowd well... Refs are trying to watch alot of things during these kicks and a lot of fouls get missed.

Perspective here is key to remember those in the stands have a great crowd view from some what 3/4 above, the ref is level with looking thru crowd, while sideline is watching goal line thru a moving cluster. Oh and you tend to see your players being hit/fouled by them it is human nature.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I think we have hijacked this thread too long. I have opened another thread called Clover vs Lancaster. I suggest we take this discussion to that thread so the score reporting will not be cluttered with these postings.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B

"This game was a very physical game by both teams. One team was not dirtier or more physical than the other. The thing I did notice was Clover seemed to be the team questioning every call and non call especially in the 2nd half, and that was something their coach should have handled. Lancaster, on the other hand, seemed to be playing hard and keeping their mouths shut. Perhaps in the end that was the biggest difference in this game"

"Realist did not say anyone was "whining". He said they were the team questioning calls or no-calls"

Agreed....he did NOT say they were whining. That was my choice of language, but I think it pretty accurately reflects his thoughts, given his choice of words and "compare and contrast" logic.

What is a "neutral party" anyway? Hunter S Thompson once wrote that the only type of objective journalism he knew of was a box score or an obituary.

I don't mean any disrespect to you or Realist or Hurst or my own son or anyone else who is a referee......but IMO, to assume someone is neutral party is lunacy. Everyone has preferences and opinions that color their judgement.

Obviously this was no garden variety dispute of an officials call. For a series of people who were there to get on a public forum and talk about what happened with such disbelief....well, I can't chaulk that up to normal complaining about a call or a non-call.

The integrity of the game is being called into question and I would think that would have folks concerned.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Coach,

In referee training, I was always taught not to do what you are describing. Stop the match and let the coach or school official handle that. Verbal communication with a spectator about their behavior can lead to all sorts of problems.

Ok, then stop the game and talk to the coach and have them enforce proper behaviour. The point is to not allow off the field behaviour to effect the game.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I have posted a couple of responses in the Clover vs Lancaster thread. Can we move the discussion over there?

kick off
kick off
Greenville Tech Charter High School @ Southside Christian

GTCHS - 0
SSC - 4

Coach Koutsos Greenville Tech Charter High School
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

GTCHS - 0
SSC - 4

Ok. Who stuck a score in here when we were trying to have a civilized discussion

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

GTCHS - 0
SSC - 4

Ok. Who stuck a score in here when we were trying to have a civilized discussion

Good one.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Was this the make up game from the previous week where the field had too much water on it? Too much rain previous week but not too much after Monday night/Tuesday morning deluge? Draining system seems to have improved drastically!

A
kick off
kick off
A
Another point of view...

2nd half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her but clips her in the forehead with her shoe, Clover girl carded. Lancaster keeper leaves game but returns shortly.

The incident that sent the girl to the hospital was a Lancaster corner with five minutes left in regulation. The ball dropped in front of the goal and was knocked around quite a few times before slipping through to the keeper on the goaline. Most of both teams players were in the penalty area with the majority of them right in front of the goal. Every player within the goal area was fighting for the ball. The referee did not see what happened that caused the injury. Just too many bodies and too much going on to make a destinction.

I think all of the Clover faithful would love to know where the magic "4th" card has come from. And the clover keeper had TOTAL control of the ball and the lancaster forward kicked at the ball and then proceded to stomp on the clover goalie and then the ball went in. There was no scramble for the ball and neither was it 3 yards out. And if you are so worried about one goalie, it would be nice for you to check on the other goalie as well.

I think it is unprofessional for you to have made some of the comments that you have made. You don't "believe" she was slammend? Yes, AND she was threatened and it was overheard by another player. I am glad the game was called as a referee's job is for the game not to get out of hand and at this point had already happened. Not to mention the previous week that clover played them. Yes we got 6 cards.....he was handing them out like candy (guess he was hungry) for ridiculous reasons, like one girl didn't say anything, one girl pulled a jersey(but so did the other team), one girl wanted to ask a question and the ref threatened her with a yellow card and one girl got carded for talking to herself!!!

IMO, it is what several have said. It was a skilled team playing against a unskilled team. I am all for referees when it is called far down the middle. But the last time I had seen that was when Hurst, George, and Ed refereed Clover's scrimmage against Nationford, lol.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Please take this discussion to one of the other threads set up for that topic. This thread is for reporting scores.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Please take this discussion to one of the other threads set up for that topic. This thread is for reporting scores.

While I agree, you need to be fair and call out other posters for offenses far more egregious than this. Just sayin...

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
@ Easley

Pickens - 2
Easley - 1

corner kick
corner kick
@ CCES

Christ Church 5
Woodruff 1

world cup
world cup
@ Nation Ford

Nation Ford 1
Fort Mill 0

C
Coach
Coach
C
@ Berkeley
Stratford 1
Berkeley 1

Stratford 4-3 in PKs.

A second Berkeley shot signaled a goal by the AR on the endline, waved off and overruled by the center who said the keeper made the save. Berkeley finishes the game with ten on the field after a Berkeley player unwisely expresses dissatisfaction with what she perceived as a consistent lack of calls on rough play.

Most of you know I very rarely criticize officiating, but to me this is yet another example of a situation where a yellow in a timely manner (issued to EITHER side of an increasingly chippy match--a couple of mine also delivered some hard shots that could have been cautioned) would have prevented the kind of emotional frustration that led to a red after reaching the point where people are being pushed to the ground.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

@ Nation Ford

Nation Ford 1
Fort Mill 0

Wow!!!!! First ever win for the Lady Falcons against their crosstown rivals!!!! Congrats to all the girls!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

While I agree, you need to be fair and call out other posters for offenses far more egregious than this. Just sayin...

I did not intend to call anyone out. My post was not meant that way at all. I was part of the hijacking of this thread myself and just wanted to try to help move the discussion to a different thread so this one could get back to it's original purpose.

C
Goal
Goal
C
@District 3 Stadium

Northwestern 4
Rock Hill 0

1-Madeline Ramsey (Lauren Watts)
2-Lauren Watts (Madeline Ramsey)
3-Helena Moore (Stephanie Bayag)
4-Taylor Lehman (Lauren Watts)

brace
brace
Good job Na Fo. I know a lot of those girls and they can be proud to say threy were the 1st. Knew these younger girls and that they were going to be trouble way back in Feb.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

@ CCES

Christ Church 5
Woodruff 1

what happened here. I expected a tighter match.

kick off
kick off
Woodruff is not that good. Just a couple of good forwards that you can mark out of a match if you're physical with them. Backs and goalkeeper are a liability.

@chicagoredstars
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Woodruff is not that good. Just a couple of good forwards that you can mark out of a match if you're physical with them. Backs and goalkeeper are a liability.

Haven't seen them play. They just got out of the gate fast and thought their was something there. We played well against Christ but their starting goalie was out which helped us.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Spartanburg 2
Rock Hill 1

L
bench
bench
L
White Knoll 10
Hartsville 1

H
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
H
@ Hillcrest

Hillcrest 1
Dorman 0
Goal: DeVita
Assist: Dacus

Good clean game

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Swansea 2
BC 5
Tough night tonight... I lost my sweeper(my daughter) in the first two minutes to a torn Hamstring. Too many injuries tonight on both sides...Good Luck to BC down the stretch!

K
kick off
kick off
K
Lexington vs. Dutch Fork..
Lexington wins in PK's.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Spartanburg 2
Rock Hill 1

Wow.

Northwestern beat Rock Hill 4-0 the night before. Northwestern also has a win over Clover. Clover still has (to finish) a match with Lancaster.

Clover and Spartanburg still have to play twice. This region is wide open.

C
bench
bench
C
@ Chapin

Chapin 2
Airport 1

Chapin goals/assists:
Sara Corning, Kate Harrington
Sara Corning, Kacie Samson

Airport goal was a PK with 10 seconds left in regulation because of a handball in the box

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
@Boiling Springs

Mann 5
Boiling 2

P
kick off
kick off
P
Quote:

Swansea 2
BC 5
Tough night tonight... I lost my sweeper(my daughter) in the first two minutes to a torn Hamstring. Too many injuries tonight on both sides...Good Luck to BC down the stretch!

I hate to hear that. She was a tough player. Good Luck the rest of the season.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Barnwell 5
Wade Hampton(H) 0

corner kick
corner kick
Mauldin 6
Byrnes 0

Only time will tell
Goal
Goal
Sorry to hear that Meredith. Wishing her a speedy recovery

L
Goal
Goal
L
do not like hearing about injuries and hope she recovers quickly.

I
throw in
throw in
I
Quote:

Swansea 2
BC 5

What is her recovery time for a torn hamstring. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

"Duh,WINNING."
D
Goal
Goal
D
Thursday...
Eastside 4
Wade Hampton(G) 1

corner kick
corner kick
At Beaufort

Beaufort 2
Summerville 0

Goals:
45:00 Molly Murphy(Jyl Damude)
57:00 Jyl Damude(Kaile Vuyk)

C
Goal
Goal
C
@ Northwestern 2 1 Lancaster

Good hard fought match by both sides.
No doubt Lancaster plays aggressive, but nothing dirty.

Madeline Ramsey-1
Helena Moore-2

world cup
world cup
@ Rock Hill

South Pointe 0
Fort Mill 8

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
@ Greenwood

Easley - 2
Greenwood - 3

in PK's

corner kick
corner kick
Fri.
Mauldin 5
Geenville Tec Charter 0
Sat.
Mauldin 5
Trav. Rest 0

Only time will tell
C
Goal
Goal
C
@BE

Wando 3
BE 0

corner kick
corner kick
@CCES

Christ Church 3
Bishop England 1

H
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
H
Mauldin Cup
Friday
Hillcrest 5
Greer 0
Saturday
Hillcrest 4
Blue Ridge 0
Mauldin Cup Championship Game