Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
bench
OP Offline
bench
What are the best/worst fields in high school soccer? Why?

"With the back out"
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Worst- THE CAGE. Easily the worst field in the state. Its tiny, torn up, and to make it worse, doesnt really have a good team playing on it.

kick off
kick off
Myrtle Beach - best - Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium - artificial turf

Sumter has completely revamped their field I would put it at the top as well.

Love vs. Hate I prefer to hate you and so does everyone else
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Take a trip to Ashley Ridge and check out the huge field..The battery does not play on a field that nice..

brace
brace
If you have not been to the new York HS and seen the "multi-million dollar" sport complax you need to go. The state of the art turf and stands are better than you will find at many Div I schools! IF we could just get them to take those oter lines off the turf during soccer season it would be perfect!

brace
brace
Not sure I would call it the "worst in the state". We were there this weekend and while yes it short, narrow and very cramped feeling, the grass was in what I would call mid-season shape and was not a "bad" surface. Of course small size made everyone feel like they were right on top of the game, everyone but the far side Ref that is, but this is not the thread for that! There are school out there with far far worse conditons, Chester HS for example was very bad when we play there, of cousre they are a rural football (oblong type) school and so what do you expect.
Now if you are just a BC hater then it would not matter where they play you would still hate the location

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Santiago Bernabéu!!!

Last edited by wakaflockamyers; 04/05/11 01:12 PM.
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Worst- THE CAGE. Easily the worst field in the state. Its tiny, torn up, and to make it worse, doesnt really have a good team playing on it.

I feel compelled to reply. First, the Cage measures 115 x 56-2/3. The reason the Cage feels so compact is that the field is surrounded by a four-lane (rather than 6-8) track and the stands are much closer to the field. Also, there are two-story buildings directly overlooking the pitch, so it appears that the field is smaller, when in fact the measurements are pretty close to what you'll find at Airport, Lexington, White Knoll, etc.

As for the condition of the turf, it is poor this year no doubt - certainly in relation to past years. A certain result of poor maintenance over the years and a poor drainage system that has never been good.

The last comment about having a good team play on it is left to your interpretation of what constitutes a "good team." I for one, believe our team has over-achieved a bit thus far and that we have improved over the course of the season and hope that we continue to do so. We have a good bunch of boys that are committed to finding ways to represent Bearcat Soccer and this has been an enjoyable group to coach.

The Cage @ BCHS

Goal
Goal
The Best - Heathwood Hall. beautiful.

The Worst - The Cage. It's embarrassing to the community.

goal
goal
What about a region by region break down? Or a classification by classification one with descriptions of size, surface type, seating capacity etc.
At our school, Mauldin we have a natural turf surface with over seeded rye. Stadium holds 6-7000. We have European style goals and the current field dimensions are 63 x 118.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard