Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
B
brace
brace
B
Several are actually dangerous, with astroturf or asphalt football "sidelines" in close proximity to the field, or chainlink fences within a few yards of the sideline.

Goal
Goal
Spring Valley has a nice setup with a separate soccer field that is wide and it's not a football stadium.

RNE is poor, just a practice field inside a track really. No real soccer feel to it.

Blythewood has a great football stadium (soccer not allowed), but bad soccer field. Suffers from multi-use.

Ridge View has a small field inside a track and it's not kept up real well.

Victory Starts Here!
goal
goal
For as great as the Riverside soccer programs have been throughout the years their field is awful. Greenville plays at renovated Sirrine Stadium and is a nice setting. Dorman and Mauldin have nice facilities and Hillcrest has a good infrastructure but not a good soccer presence. As for Eastside, ho-hum (kind of like the Riverside situation).

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Take a trip to Ashley Ridge and check out the huge field..The battery does not play on a field that nice..

Brace
Brace
Bishop England has a great soccer field too!

brace
brace
Rock Hill team also has the Dist 3 stadium but I do not think it gets used for many soccer games.

Oh and any time you get a chance to see HS teams play on the center fields at Manchester Meadows you get a chance to see a great field.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Waka you're not funny at all, neither is your wife TugJobber so stop acting like you are and posting stupid post. Battery plays in a better field than ashley ridge. Also, Dorman had one of the best fields I have played on but it was small. Grass is much better than turf so I don't consider turf fields that great. The worst field is Wren's, though always great atmosphere.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Some of the nicer fields I've seen in the past are Mauldin, Wade Hampton, Airport (game field), and Woodruff. I have not seen them this year, but if they are like years past then it is a reward to play there. Of the ones listed, I would give the nod to Woodruff as their field is designated to just soccer and it's dimensions are a luxury to play on.

I have heard BHP is beautiful, but have never seen firsthand.

Some fields with potential would be Greer, Union County, and Byrnes. Greer is able to get width and with an overseeding of rye could be an extremely beautiful location to play. Union County would be nice if they would use a different color paint then their football lines and if they had a net structure to stop the balls from going into the ravine at the visitor side warm up. I've only played on Byrnes Soccer field early in the season, but if they have a good rye grass crop, then that field would be nice as it's dimensions are large too.

I agree with Riverside and Eastside being "ho-hum" given the dominance of their programs. JL Mann is another one to include in that group as well. I think much of that is due to the fact that the fields are over used now that lacrosse has become a huge factor. Has anyone else noticed that the fields are worse now with lacrosse? Any ideas on how to improve conditions when having to share?

In years past I would like to say that Blue Ridge has had an exceptional field, but due to budget cuts this year we were unable to overseed and are paying for it now with swamppy conditions. But as they say, "there is always next year!"

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Waka you're not funny at all, neither is your wife TugJobber so stop acting like you are and posting stupid post. Battery plays in a better field than ashley ridge. Also, Dorman had one of the best fields I have played on but it was small. Grass is much better than turf so I don't consider turf fields that great. The worst field is Wren's, though always great atmosphere.

Barca10...you can't go a day without mentioning me can you? Inbox me if you want to shadow me for a day for extra credit at your reform school.

bench
bench
Agreed Myrtle Beach's Doug Shaw Stadium is probabley the best field in the state as far as high school soccer is concerned. Also Dreher HS is well kept and nice.

On the other hand, BC's and Socastee's would have to be two of the worst pitchs in the State.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard