Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
C
bench
bench
C
Woodruff and Laurens are great soccer specific fields.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Several are actually dangerous, with astroturf or asphalt football "sidelines" in close proximity to the field, or chainlink fences within a few yards of the sideline.

I always felt the chain link fences around Greenwood's field were a little too tight.

Great place to watch a game though.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
kick off
kick off
I personally didn't like Myrtle Beach's at all. The football lines interfere with the soccer lines and the astro turf isn't as nice as a well-cut field.
Sumter's field was definitely a very nice one, probably the best I've played on this year.

C
bench
bench
C
the cage by far is the worst

corner kick
corner kick
Ashley Ridge is very nice and Colleton County has an excellent facility and pitch as well.

kick off
kick off
I would have to agree with an earlier post about the cage and Socastee's pitch. They are quite bad. The last time I saw Airports it was quite nice but that was a year ago so idk how it is now

goal kick
goal kick
Kyle couldn't you do something about The Cage? Like get some money from the district or something? I mean I know money's tight nowadays and not every school is willing to spend money on their soccer program but come on man.. That stadium is just embarrassing.

throw in
throw in
Pretty sure that the great heads at District 2 signed up for some grants to be used to build a new stadium at BC. That was like 5 years ago and nothing. Besides, I don't believe its the school not wanting to spend money on its soccer team, maybe it doesn't want to spend money on its 2 and 9 Football team?

Airport on the other hand, has the district stadium, and for the most part its the better facility of the district. I like watching night games and seeing the new gym lit up.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Kyle couldn't you do something about The Cage? Like get some money from the district or something? I mean I know money's tight nowadays and not every school is willing to spend money on their soccer program but come on man.. That stadium is just embarrassing.

Kevin is the one that responded...but at any rate....

I used to think it was this simple too. Money grows on trees and you can just "get some money from the district or something". Then I grew up and realized that instead of spending money to better the facilities/buy new busses etc, some school districts are forced to feed people who cannot feed themselves. Unfortunately, this is the America we live in. Education is not simply a place where students come to learn, grow, and compete. It's increasingly a place that promotes the "if you don't like something, complain", "if you want something, just take it", "babysit my child and feed them too", "don't make me get my lawyer" mentality. Lexington 2 School District is not the most rosy place to grow up. Check it's socio-economic index. It sits at about middle of the pack in SC in terms of affluence(money) per child. Chapin is number 1 in case you care. Even they have like 20 portables at their school. Toss that in to the fact that schools are funded by taxes (income, sales, property, etc. it's sort of complicated) in an economy of a state where salaries are down, unemployment is up, property is worth less and people are spending less and you get districts who not only have little money to spend but do not even want to give the appearance that they DO spend.

You can ask Kevin and Kyle about the bond referendum that was passed in 2001/2002 or thereabouts to build a new stadium but, it appears that funds are being mismanaged as well. Maybe I'm wrong but, it seems fishy to me that this is 11 years after money was placed into an account for a new stadium and the The Cage is still The Cage. AHS has all their new facilities if I'm not mistaken...

Of course...it's hard to justify laying people off, closing schools and placing people on rift lists when you build a new stadium down the street or increase an AD's salary to 100k for no reason at all other than he can win a football game. "Perception is reality" in some communities.

This has been your "this is how the real world works" lesson of the day brought to you by shut^&play.

throw in
throw in
We have a nice field at Byrnes, but our team isn't very good. We've got to get more players involved at CFC if we're going to ever turn it around.

We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard