Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
bench
OP Offline
bench
What are the best/worst fields in high school soccer? Why?

"With the back out"
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Worst- THE CAGE. Easily the worst field in the state. Its tiny, torn up, and to make it worse, doesnt really have a good team playing on it.

kick off
kick off
Myrtle Beach - best - Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium - artificial turf

Sumter has completely revamped their field I would put it at the top as well.

Love vs. Hate I prefer to hate you and so does everyone else
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Take a trip to Ashley Ridge and check out the huge field..The battery does not play on a field that nice..

brace
brace
If you have not been to the new York HS and seen the "multi-million dollar" sport complax you need to go. The state of the art turf and stands are better than you will find at many Div I schools! IF we could just get them to take those oter lines off the turf during soccer season it would be perfect!

brace
brace
Not sure I would call it the "worst in the state". We were there this weekend and while yes it short, narrow and very cramped feeling, the grass was in what I would call mid-season shape and was not a "bad" surface. Of course small size made everyone feel like they were right on top of the game, everyone but the far side Ref that is, but this is not the thread for that! There are school out there with far far worse conditons, Chester HS for example was very bad when we play there, of cousre they are a rural football (oblong type) school and so what do you expect.
Now if you are just a BC hater then it would not matter where they play you would still hate the location

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Santiago Bernabéu!!!

Last edited by wakaflockamyers; 04/05/11 01:12 PM.
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Worst- THE CAGE. Easily the worst field in the state. Its tiny, torn up, and to make it worse, doesnt really have a good team playing on it.

I feel compelled to reply. First, the Cage measures 115 x 56-2/3. The reason the Cage feels so compact is that the field is surrounded by a four-lane (rather than 6-8) track and the stands are much closer to the field. Also, there are two-story buildings directly overlooking the pitch, so it appears that the field is smaller, when in fact the measurements are pretty close to what you'll find at Airport, Lexington, White Knoll, etc.

As for the condition of the turf, it is poor this year no doubt - certainly in relation to past years. A certain result of poor maintenance over the years and a poor drainage system that has never been good.

The last comment about having a good team play on it is left to your interpretation of what constitutes a "good team." I for one, believe our team has over-achieved a bit thus far and that we have improved over the course of the season and hope that we continue to do so. We have a good bunch of boys that are committed to finding ways to represent Bearcat Soccer and this has been an enjoyable group to coach.

The Cage @ BCHS

Goal
Goal
The Best - Heathwood Hall. beautiful.

The Worst - The Cage. It's embarrassing to the community.

goal
goal
What about a region by region break down? Or a classification by classification one with descriptions of size, surface type, seating capacity etc.
At our school, Mauldin we have a natural turf surface with over seeded rye. Stadium holds 6-7000. We have European style goals and the current field dimensions are 63 x 118.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
B
brace
brace
B
Several are actually dangerous, with astroturf or asphalt football "sidelines" in close proximity to the field, or chainlink fences within a few yards of the sideline.

Goal
Goal
Spring Valley has a nice setup with a separate soccer field that is wide and it's not a football stadium.

RNE is poor, just a practice field inside a track really. No real soccer feel to it.

Blythewood has a great football stadium (soccer not allowed), but bad soccer field. Suffers from multi-use.

Ridge View has a small field inside a track and it's not kept up real well.

Victory Starts Here!
goal
goal
For as great as the Riverside soccer programs have been throughout the years their field is awful. Greenville plays at renovated Sirrine Stadium and is a nice setting. Dorman and Mauldin have nice facilities and Hillcrest has a good infrastructure but not a good soccer presence. As for Eastside, ho-hum (kind of like the Riverside situation).

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Take a trip to Ashley Ridge and check out the huge field..The battery does not play on a field that nice..

Brace
Brace
Bishop England has a great soccer field too!

brace
brace
Rock Hill team also has the Dist 3 stadium but I do not think it gets used for many soccer games.

Oh and any time you get a chance to see HS teams play on the center fields at Manchester Meadows you get a chance to see a great field.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Waka you're not funny at all, neither is your wife TugJobber so stop acting like you are and posting stupid post. Battery plays in a better field than ashley ridge. Also, Dorman had one of the best fields I have played on but it was small. Grass is much better than turf so I don't consider turf fields that great. The worst field is Wren's, though always great atmosphere.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Some of the nicer fields I've seen in the past are Mauldin, Wade Hampton, Airport (game field), and Woodruff. I have not seen them this year, but if they are like years past then it is a reward to play there. Of the ones listed, I would give the nod to Woodruff as their field is designated to just soccer and it's dimensions are a luxury to play on.

I have heard BHP is beautiful, but have never seen firsthand.

Some fields with potential would be Greer, Union County, and Byrnes. Greer is able to get width and with an overseeding of rye could be an extremely beautiful location to play. Union County would be nice if they would use a different color paint then their football lines and if they had a net structure to stop the balls from going into the ravine at the visitor side warm up. I've only played on Byrnes Soccer field early in the season, but if they have a good rye grass crop, then that field would be nice as it's dimensions are large too.

I agree with Riverside and Eastside being "ho-hum" given the dominance of their programs. JL Mann is another one to include in that group as well. I think much of that is due to the fact that the fields are over used now that lacrosse has become a huge factor. Has anyone else noticed that the fields are worse now with lacrosse? Any ideas on how to improve conditions when having to share?

In years past I would like to say that Blue Ridge has had an exceptional field, but due to budget cuts this year we were unable to overseed and are paying for it now with swamppy conditions. But as they say, "there is always next year!"

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Waka you're not funny at all, neither is your wife TugJobber so stop acting like you are and posting stupid post. Battery plays in a better field than ashley ridge. Also, Dorman had one of the best fields I have played on but it was small. Grass is much better than turf so I don't consider turf fields that great. The worst field is Wren's, though always great atmosphere.

Barca10...you can't go a day without mentioning me can you? Inbox me if you want to shadow me for a day for extra credit at your reform school.

bench
bench
Agreed Myrtle Beach's Doug Shaw Stadium is probabley the best field in the state as far as high school soccer is concerned. Also Dreher HS is well kept and nice.

On the other hand, BC's and Socastee's would have to be two of the worst pitchs in the State.

C
bench
bench
C
Woodruff and Laurens are great soccer specific fields.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Several are actually dangerous, with astroturf or asphalt football "sidelines" in close proximity to the field, or chainlink fences within a few yards of the sideline.

I always felt the chain link fences around Greenwood's field were a little too tight.

Great place to watch a game though.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
kick off
kick off
I personally didn't like Myrtle Beach's at all. The football lines interfere with the soccer lines and the astro turf isn't as nice as a well-cut field.
Sumter's field was definitely a very nice one, probably the best I've played on this year.

C
bench
bench
C
the cage by far is the worst

corner kick
corner kick
Ashley Ridge is very nice and Colleton County has an excellent facility and pitch as well.

kick off
kick off
I would have to agree with an earlier post about the cage and Socastee's pitch. They are quite bad. The last time I saw Airports it was quite nice but that was a year ago so idk how it is now

goal kick
goal kick
Kyle couldn't you do something about The Cage? Like get some money from the district or something? I mean I know money's tight nowadays and not every school is willing to spend money on their soccer program but come on man.. That stadium is just embarrassing.

throw in
throw in
Pretty sure that the great heads at District 2 signed up for some grants to be used to build a new stadium at BC. That was like 5 years ago and nothing. Besides, I don't believe its the school not wanting to spend money on its soccer team, maybe it doesn't want to spend money on its 2 and 9 Football team?

Airport on the other hand, has the district stadium, and for the most part its the better facility of the district. I like watching night games and seeing the new gym lit up.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Kyle couldn't you do something about The Cage? Like get some money from the district or something? I mean I know money's tight nowadays and not every school is willing to spend money on their soccer program but come on man.. That stadium is just embarrassing.

Kevin is the one that responded...but at any rate....

I used to think it was this simple too. Money grows on trees and you can just "get some money from the district or something". Then I grew up and realized that instead of spending money to better the facilities/buy new busses etc, some school districts are forced to feed people who cannot feed themselves. Unfortunately, this is the America we live in. Education is not simply a place where students come to learn, grow, and compete. It's increasingly a place that promotes the "if you don't like something, complain", "if you want something, just take it", "babysit my child and feed them too", "don't make me get my lawyer" mentality. Lexington 2 School District is not the most rosy place to grow up. Check it's socio-economic index. It sits at about middle of the pack in SC in terms of affluence(money) per child. Chapin is number 1 in case you care. Even they have like 20 portables at their school. Toss that in to the fact that schools are funded by taxes (income, sales, property, etc. it's sort of complicated) in an economy of a state where salaries are down, unemployment is up, property is worth less and people are spending less and you get districts who not only have little money to spend but do not even want to give the appearance that they DO spend.

You can ask Kevin and Kyle about the bond referendum that was passed in 2001/2002 or thereabouts to build a new stadium but, it appears that funds are being mismanaged as well. Maybe I'm wrong but, it seems fishy to me that this is 11 years after money was placed into an account for a new stadium and the The Cage is still The Cage. AHS has all their new facilities if I'm not mistaken...

Of course...it's hard to justify laying people off, closing schools and placing people on rift lists when you build a new stadium down the street or increase an AD's salary to 100k for no reason at all other than he can win a football game. "Perception is reality" in some communities.

This has been your "this is how the real world works" lesson of the day brought to you by shut^&play.

throw in
throw in
We have a nice field at Byrnes, but our team isn't very good. We've got to get more players involved at CFC if we're going to ever turn it around.

We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.
T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
Best-District 3 (Rock Hill), York
Worst-Clover, The Cage

Is it that hard for Clover to cut the grass? Their field is extremely lumpy and there are patches everywhere. It is extremely small and there is no room from the sideline to the fence.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Say what you will about the Cage, but when that place is full of fans you cannot beat it for atmosphere!! Great place to go watch a game.

WhoDaresWins
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

Kevin is the one that responded...but at any rate....

I used to think it was this simple too. Money grows on trees and you can just "get some money from the district or something". Then I grew up and realized that instead of spending money to better the facilities/buy new busses etc, some school districts are forced to feed people who cannot feed themselves. Unfortunately, this is the America we live in. Education is not simply a place where students come to learn, grow, and compete. It's increasingly a place that promotes the "if you don't like something, complain", "if you want something, just take it", "babysit my child and feed them too", "don't make me get my lawyer" mentality. Lexington 2 School District is not the most rosy place to grow up. Check it's socio-economic index. It sits at about middle of the pack in SC in terms of affluence(money) per child. Chapin is number 1 in case you care. Even they have like 20 portables at their school. Toss that in to the fact that schools are funded by taxes (income, sales, property, etc. it's sort of complicated) in an economy of a state where salaries are down, unemployment is up, property is worth less and people are spending less and you get districts who not only have little money to spend but do not even want to give the appearance that they DO spend.

You can ask Kevin and Kyle about the bond referendum that was passed in 2001/2002 or thereabouts to build a new stadium but, it appears that funds are being mismanaged as well. Maybe I'm wrong but, it seems fishy to me that this is 11 years after money was placed into an account for a new stadium and the The Cage is still The Cage. AHS has all their new facilities if I'm not mistaken...

Of course...it's hard to justify laying people off, closing schools and placing people on rift lists when you build a new stadium down the street or increase an AD's salary to 100k for no reason at all other than he can win a football game. "Perception is reality" in some communities.

This has been your "this is how the real world works" lesson of the day brought to you by shut^&play.

This is nice and all... very touching.. But it still doesn't help The Cage get any better.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think the point was, when you live in a world of limited resources, you have to prioritize. When you have a field of perfectly adequate playing area and a safely playable surface, and a lot of things to spend your limited money on that affect lives much more than the fact that the stadium isn't pretty enough to suit some, you should quit worrying about the cosmetics of the stadium and just shut^&play in it.

Adequate interpretation?

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I will respond to TSO.
Our field at Clover is 118 x 63. There are 10 feet (as required by the NFHS rules) from the field to the fence on the bench area side. The field is in the best condition it has been in since I have been in the district. It was overseeded and is almost completely green. It was rolled. And it is cut every Monday by maintanence. I apologize TSO if you had a bad experience on the field.

Khrys Dundr
Clover High School
Mens Soccer

W
goal
goal
W
SJE Pro-

And you dont help this message board get any better.

It is what it is. Most of you guys complaining about The Cage are just taking your shot now becasue you got beat at The Cage.

Oh and BTW, I bet your boy in your avatar didn't whine about bad fields!

Worst: Dutch Fork

Best: Flora, Heathwood, Irmo, CN

Last edited by Will Eudy; 04/06/11 06:53 PM.
W
goal
goal
W
on to Bazza's point

Bazza is rght, I have seen some remarkable games in The Cage. Ridge View vs BC 01 was unreal, BE vs Ridge View, Norman North vs anyone in 03 was great, BC vs MB in 01 was classic.

But all time favorite was in 95(SR Year) after we beat Northwestern to advance to AAAA Final Four there was a tunnel past midfield full of supporters "walking" us out it was awesome.

Goal
Goal

Quote:

This is nice and all... very touching.. But it still doesn't help The Cage get any better.

Hey you want to start a fundraiser for the Cage? I'm sure Kevin and Kyle would be grateful. Have your mommy bake some cookies or brownies and sell them. They'd probably get a banner with your name on it. Heck, if you sell enough, they might rename the stadium after you.

Look kid, I'm just trying to fight ignorance here. The battle is long, challenging, frustrating, and mostly futile. You will understand one day just read what I said and understand it's simply not as easy as asking for 100's of thousands of dollars to redo a soccer field.

goal kick
goal kick
it is a safe assumption to say that these boards would be better without SJE

G'd up from the feet up
Kickoff
Kickoff
BEST FIELDS
Strom Thurmond
Gilbert

WORST FIELDS
Midland Valley
Batesburg-Leesville
Wagener-Salley

kick off
kick off
I can personally say I wasn't beat at the cage any of the times I played there so I'm not hating on them because of that. I just think the pitch could be a little better off, and it does have some electrifying games every once in awhile. Forgot to mention how great Strom Thurmond pitch is. That agriculture program there keeps that field looking amazing.

B
brace
brace
B
Often, the greatest limitations are the ones we place on ourselves -- like playing on undersized HS football fields because they're lit (often poorly) and convenient. Example: Not to knock James Island, which actually has its turf in pretty nice shape right now, but why play on a football-sized field, when there are futbol-sized fields right across the street? Sure, you can guard the precious gate more easily, and sell concessions, but what about the GAME ... you know, the reason we're all here!
Truth is, it's like this at all too many schools. And, as pointed out, fiscal constraints kill potential upgrades.
First, let's make sure our fields are safe, reasonably lit, and passably flat. Then we can go from there.

S
goal
goal
S
Please remember that the HSL has certain requirements for games to be played. For example, you need a fence around the field and lights. AC Flora has neither since remodeling their athletic fields recently. Thus, the team continues to be sent down Two Notch Rd. to play in front of nobody. Sad showing again by RCSD#1.

B
brace
brace
B
Perhaps someone should approach the SCHSL for case-by-case review of facilities considerations. These aren't the good old days, when tax dollars were readily available. Right now, a bunch of our "fenced' facilities are poorly lit, poorly maintained accidents just waiting to happen.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Best field I've seen this year, and only the field, not the stands etc. was Sumter. Don't care for the Cage, too close to the track, and the drain is right on the touch line. But their players and fans are passionate about their teams. Some of the hardest working teams I've seen.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

SJE Pro-

It is what it is. Most of you guys complaining about The Cage are just taking your shot now becasue you got beat at The Cage.

Hey Coach Eudy, Maybe you should just shut up and worry about your stadium in Cardinal Newman.. It's quite bad as well.

S
bench
bench
S
wow. nobody disrespects a high quality coach like Coach Eudy. People can post their opinions in here, and yours sje, are just stupid and immature. and by the way, the cardinal newman stadium and grass is just espectacular, probably one of the best if not the best in sc. better than what you will ever play at.

bench
bench
I think Cardinal Newman's field is just perfect. On the other hand "The Cage" might be one of the worst this year.

"Just Do It"
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

SJE Pro-

Hey Coach Eudy, Maybe you should just shut up and worry about your stadium in Cardinal Newman.. It's quite bad as well.

I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE AND LET YOU BESMIRCH, BEFUDDLE, OR BELITTLE COACH EUDY LIKE THAT! THIS GUY'S A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF MINE!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
kick off
kick off
I'd have to say Cheraw's is one of the worst after tonight's game. Sand pits all over the fields. I guess that's what one can suspect from the Pee Dee though.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Marcus, did you just cut and paste your response to me in another thread and insert Coach Eudy's name? I got a strong feeling of deja vu when I read that.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

SJE Wanker

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by That Guy; 04/07/11 12:02 PM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Marcus, did you just cut and paste your response to me in another thread and insert Coach Eudy's name? I got a strong feeling of deja vu when I read that.

I'VE GOT GOOD LINES!!!

L
bench
bench
L
Worst field is by far Walhalla's field. It is 90% dirt.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

Agree, but all those Hispanic kids are used to dirt on a field.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
C
Goal
Goal
C
Wow really?

Goal
Goal

W
goal
goal
W
Post deleted by Will Eudy

B
brace
brace
B
Wow, what an ignorant comment, HBA.

That said, as long as it's not fundamentally unsafe, the point isn't whether the surface is good; it's whether kids are playing and competing in a positive environment.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

I'VE GOT GOOD LINES!!!

Hey, you find the ones that work, you stick with them!

Goal
Goal
Will...your pic is not showing up

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
As someone who knows about posting pics on a message board I must advise Coach Eudy that the pictures must first be hosted on the internet. You cannot copy/paste from your PC.

Last edited by TugJobber; 04/07/11 06:50 PM.

Puttin A's on B's
W
goal
goal
W
Thanks Jobber please continue your quest of putting A's on B's.

BTW great day to be on the lake

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
You're right about that. About 10 deep right now off Dreher Island.

Puttin A's on B's
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
IM ABOUT TO HOLLA AT A FEW BRIZZLEBACKS I MET LAST WEEKEND AND GET OUT TO THE LAKE AND SEE ABOUT IT!!!

L
bench
bench
L
@ Eudy.

Since I'm one of your club players, I won't disrespect you but Dutch Fork fields are usually good and big(compared to other schools) except for the rain. I'll agree now since we've played over 4 games after the rain but you should see field from like RNE and Lexington. Over half the field for Lexington is sand.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

Agree, but all those Hispanic kids are used to dirt on a field.

I don't normally comment but feel it is needed. I agree we have a very rough field but the pic and comment is uncalled for. Our field gets some traffic from Rec football and soccer, to club soccer in the fall, and then to the high school soccer both boys and girls and JV and Varsity in the spring. In our rough economic times our field gets the least attention. We still take pride in our team and feel the last comment was uncalled for and needs to be taken out. Our team has taken quite a stride to bring two cultures together. We dont look at race or color but as people with a goal to be and do our best.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I’m tired of the attitude that discrimination towards Hispanics doesn’t matter, and that they are second class citizens who don’t deserve the same protections to which other groups are entitled. Everybody seems to know that it’s not acceptable to make comments like that against a lot of other racial groups, but when it’s Hispanics being made fun of it doesn’t get taken seriously. I’ve been on high school soccer fields in Columbia where refs heard Hispanic players being called wetbacks, asked to produce their green cards, etc. – with no consequences. It’s unacceptable that society at large has this attitude, but downright outrageous in South Carolina soccer when many of the premier players over the last few years and this year are Hispanic.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I’m tired of the attitude that discrimination towards Hispanics doesn’t matter, and that they are second class citizens who don’t deserve the same protections to which other groups are entitled. Everybody seems to know that it’s not acceptable to make comments like that against a lot of other racial groups, but when it’s Hispanics being made fun of it doesn’t get taken seriously. I’ve been on high school soccer fields in Columbia where refs heard Hispanic players being called wetbacks, asked to produce their green cards, etc. – with no consequences. It’s unacceptable that society at large has this attitude, but downright outrageous in South Carolina soccer when many of the premier players over the last few years and this year are Hispanic.

I agree that the insults should not be allowed, but do you need a bi-lingual ref for all the slurs that are thrown the way of the "Gringos" by the Hispanics? I have heard countless Spanish "curse" words uttered by the Hispanic players towards non-Hispanic players and haven't seen one thing being done by the refs. Is that reverse discrimination?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
RACISM IS A PROBLEM IN AMERICA!

Goal
Goal
Quote:

RACISM IS A PROBLEM IN AMERICA!

Shouting it loud and shouting it proud

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Goal
Goal

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I thought that this thread was about best/worst fields?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Best Upstate field is Sirrine.

goal kick
goal kick
Since we're way off topic... Who saw Man-U beat Chelsea off the quarter finals for the Champions league?? Let's go Man-U! And Chicharito is sick!

Brace
Brace
My vote is BE's stadium.

World Cup
World Cup
A little good news from our last Lexington Two Superintendent's Council Meeting (April 13), concerning The Cage:

4. B-C facilities questions:
a. Senior parking lot will be in the area where the Student Services office used to be.
. The Knox Abbot Drive lot will be leveled as far to Knox Abbott as financially able to provide 2 practice fields for now. Hopefully, one day the new stadium will be built there.
c. Stadium is in bad shape, but after soccer season both B-C and Airport fields will be repaired.

Band aid on an artery for now!

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
We played at Clinton last night. I must say their field is in excellent shape! Field is well maintained (no dodging of sprinkling heads), turf is well maintained (nicely cut), lines are highly visible (bright red on green grass), and the actual playing field is large (120x60).

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
W
goal
goal
W
Havent they played this song before?

throw in
throw in
Really, Sirrine? That pitch is old and the stadium & upgrades are sweet but too many holes (filled with sand) all over the place. Was just there on Monday and saw the keeper misplay a ball rolling towards him. It took a hop right over his foot (after hitting a hole) and he barely was able to recover to steer it clear of his net. The grass is patchy and there are clumps of weeds that redirect balls constantly. I believe that picture was taken during football season when it is well taken care of. Too bad it's not like that in the spring.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Havent they played this song before?

About every 3 years! We had a bond referendum for a new stadium in 2001 and here it is 2011 and still no stadium! Unreal!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I may be a bit biased, but, our field at Dillon is pretty doggone good. It's small but the surface is nice...especially come playoff time. The one problem is it goes east/west so each team will have to stare into the sun for a half.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
S
kick off
kick off
S
In SCISA, hands down, best field... is Porter Gaud.

bench
bench
Quote:

I know it's nice, but no better than Heathwood Hall! That place has money!

Goal
Goal
Thanks Coach. I will pass on the good words to my AD.

Sean Vick
Christ Church Soccer
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

SJE Pro-

So um yeah so who got beat in The Cage last Thursday Coach Eudy?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Cardinal Newman, Clover, Brookland-Cayce, Riverside, and Fort Mill.

There was a thread listed for the entire week of matches, in fact. If you're interested in checking it out, that is.

brace
brace
Actually everyone but Lexington lost a game (well technically Pinewood did not "get beat" so they did not lose one)

W
goal
goal
W
Whats your point SJE? I am not the one complaining about the Cage. We got beat by a better team that day not because of the pitch!

Just go away.

B
brace
brace
B
Always consider the source, Coach!
Your team played great all week long.

W
goal
goal
W
touche'

L
kick off
kick off
L
Quote:

Quote:

I know it's nice, but no better than Heathwood Hall! That place has money!

Have worked both of these fields and the surfaces are fine, but the bugs can be a real problem. I have seen the ballboys holding incents to keep the bugs at bay.

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
world cup
world cup
Clover's playing surface and stadium is second to none. The pitch is like a golf course fairway, there is no track so the stands are (elevated) on top of the field. The sound system is above average quality.

If they weren't located at the absolute top of the state, and if they actually had a hotel within 15 miles (Gastonia, Rock Hill), I would nominate this venue to host the state championships.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
I will retract my former post about Colleton County. While the stadium itself is excellent, the quality of the pitch is criminal. Kind of hard to believe that they would allow the field to become so poor in so short a time. This was a brand new surface a year ago. Not to mention the narrow width.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Quote:

I will retract my former post about Colleton County. While the stadium itself is excellent, the quality of the pitch is criminal. Kind of hard to believe that they would allow the field to become so poor in so short a time. This was a brand new surface a year ago. Not to mention the narrow width.

Colleton like many of the fields in the state (its a money thing)are designed for football first. To my understanding the touchlines were moved after the start of the season because the line was almost running thru a field drain. So unless someone like Walmart wants to throw cash at your school the kids will continue to get the short end of the cash cow.

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Colleton like many of the fields in the state (its a money thing)are designed for football first. To my understanding the touchlines were moved after the start of the season because the line was almost running thru a field drain. So unless someone like Walmart wants to throw cash at your school the kids will continue to get the short end of the cash cow.

If you don't mind lines running through drains, play at B-C's field

Goal
Goal
Quote:

but the bugs can be a real problem.

Ever been to Bluffton???

throw in
throw in
If you don't mind lines running through drains, play at B-C's field

Engineering at its finest!

S
kick off
kick off
S
Yeah, not sure what the bug comment has to do with the playing field surface. Also, this IS South Carolina and that means "bugs". Bzzzzzzz

S
kick off
kick off
S
Currently in Saluda we are experiencing an infestation of cicadas. Our field has a large wooded area behind it. Last week you could only hear them. But at Monday's practice they were in full attack mode.

World Cup
World Cup
Socastee has an outstanding pitch!

S
throw in
throw in
S
Thanks Coach Heise. Also, thanks for you and the boys having the patience to stick around through the weather. I look forward to your email that we were talking about while we waited for it to clear up. Your boys are really good and exciting to watch. I sure hope we catch you guys next year at some point too...minus any delay!

S.M.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Doesnt Socastee have a turf field. Does anyone know how they got the money together for it? Was it booster stuff or a donation from someone?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Doesnt Socastee have a turf field. Does anyone know how they got the money together for it? Was it booster stuff or a donation from someone?

No it's not turf. It is seeded rye grass. It was getting a little questionable about mid-soccer season with the multi-use with the Lacrosse Team but their season ended around the first week of April so it has grown up really good since then.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I heard about some team around there having one. I didnt know what school has it though.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Quote:

I heard about some team around there having one. I didnt know what school has it though.

That would be Myrtle Beach HS. They play at Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium and it has field turf.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Do any of the players ever say anything, problem wise, with the lines?

kick off
kick off
I found the football lines a bit distractive at first, especially under the lights. But you get used to them after a few minutes.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
You would be INCREDIBLY hard-pressed to find a better pitch than Porter Gaud's. It would rank very favorably to many major SC college fields.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

You would be INCREDIBLY hard-pressed to find a better pitch than Porter Gaud's. It would rank very favorably to many major SC college fields.

Exactly right.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard