Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
brace
brace
Quote:

Heard NW may have some extra fans at friday's game against lancaster? do you think Caesar could use about 16 or so ball girls? lol

Ya know a lot of these York county girls have played club together in many different combinations DSC, CSSC, PUFC, NSSC, CSA, CSC, CUFC, SCSA, ect ... Many are friends, some close some not so much. I think you would even find the ones who do not like a girl on another school team still have respect for them.

The draw back that when you go against these "friends" you will leave a little more on the field becasue it always stings a little more to lose to them. Does this lead to rough play sometimes, but rough is not always dirty. Sometimes it is just rough play and refs and coaches can either reel it in or ignore it hoping no one goes to far, have seen it go both ways!

FMHS vs Clover is a war every time but I would also point out that many girls are hugging friends both before and after the game.

Now that we got that out of the way, explain to me how, no matter rough/dirty they play, another team player has the right/ability to intentionally hurt another player? This is a crime not poor sportsmanship period. Anyone who wants to attack CLover and blame it on them needs to think about if this is what they would tolerate toward a player on their childs team or even their child!

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

No, Clover is not a dirty team. They are very talented and skilled team. The Clover coach would have thrown that player off of the team if that had happen. I believe the game being stopped was a good idea because who knows what would have happened after that.

As far as NW game, I agree with 2013 Dad.....they wanted it more, but there was some bad calls and questionable plays on BOTH sides of the ball.
Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. Is this is what it comes down to, calling girls and teams out? I think some should be ashamed of themselves.

Heard NW may have some extra fans at friday's game against lancaster? do you think Caesar could use about 16 or so ball girls? lol

If a team plays clean and fair but hard I really do not see a problem. who is calling anyone out ?

"Duh,WINNING."
brace
brace
One mans rough is another's dirty. Skilled players often know how to play more phsically without fouling. How many avg players know how to make a good close slide tackle without getting a whistle? Show me a very good team who has not had the "they play dirty or to rough" tag thrown at them. Was there not just such a thread here on the girls side?

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

One mans rough is another's dirty. Skilled players often know how to play more phsically without fouling. How many avg players know how to make a good close slide tackle without getting a whistle? Show me a very good team who has not had the "they play dirty or to rough" tag thrown at them. Was there not just such a thread here on the girls side?

That would be on the club side but Hyslops 93's are better than good and they have never been labeled dirty or rough.

"Duh,WINNING."
world cup
world cup
Hyslop's 93's have a Clover player on the team.

Therefore, by deductive reasoning (or the principal of association)

Clover = NOT dirty.

Close thread.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
We have played Clover several times over the years. They are very hard working, very well coached. We never noticed any dirty play - but we did notice some extremely hard working and motivated young ladies representing their school, their community and their coach. As a coach I would want my players to come out with the same intensity and common goal to give it all you got!
Good luck the rest of the way Clover.

C
Goal
Goal
C
As a former and current club coach of several Clover players, I in no way believe they intentionally play dirty. Aggressive, Passionate, Hard Working yes!!! All things that were lacking from us in our first meeting vs. Clover. In our second game, I challenged my players to match their intensity, to play as aggressive, to win the 50/50 balls, but also play soccer.

As I said before good luck to Clover the rest of the way and we (NW) look forward to a good match vs. Lancaster.

I
bench
bench
I
I have seen Clover around 5 times in the last 2 yrs. IMO they are not dirty, but aggressively challenge for the ball. However several of their players (even skilled ones) are not very skilled in using their bodies correctly (or fairly) on challenges. Some use their arms excessively to gain advantage, others their hips. However it always seems to be to get the ball and rarely is done to intimidate.

bench
bench
Guess I'll chime in on this subject. After everything is said and done it falls on the officials to maintain order on the pitch. No if's, ands, or buts. That being said after seeing the last 4 games I'd say that there was a serious shortage of it at times. While I guess you could say I'm biased towards Clover I will say that they have gotten some breaks at times as well but it is my belief that there has been an appearance of calls being one-sided against or no calls for Clover at times. The Lancaster game was an atrocity plain and simple. For the officials to say they didn't see it (the attack...yes thats right attack) then I can find no words to describe my outrage. Oh btw Realist, explain how the injured player got carded for the so-called goalie run-in (after her injury) instead of the Clover striker (who actually did clear the goalie but brushed against her head with her cleat while going over her while out of the box). Looks a little like CYA.

bench
bench
If it were up to me I'd give Clover the win on forfeit because Lancaster does not want to play at a neutral site. If Clover decides to not play/finish this game what does that say about the "rules". Maybe a little addendum is in order. What shocked me the most though was the verbal abuse thrown at some of the Clover girls after the game by the home crowd. If your reading this Clover coaching staff. Stand tall and don't cave-in. If you have to forfeit then do so. Stand up for your players. Maybe a boycott of the rest of the season is in order along with some news coverage. As far as what team is dirty and so forth, the subject is ridiculous. No "team" is dirty. Are there players with tendencies towards dirty play...yes. Clover has one and another that does occasionally but from what I've seen so far they (Clover) are one of the least dirty teams. Dare for someone from Lancaster to say that.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard