Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
brace
brace
Ok one Clover fan/poster has posted that the Clover player was carded after jumping the keeper and you are saying the keeper was carded. Which is it?

bench
bench
the Clover player was carded for jumping over the keeper, while a Lancaster girl cleated Clover's keeper without a card.

brace
brace
Ok, thanks and H3 seems to have jumbled thing together. Carding a player for contacting a keeper is very common in open field play, but in a crowd in the box on the ground with ball not in control it is harder to get a ref to stop play, not saying it should not have been carded but my son had his hand stomped in the box trying to corral a loose ball, no card, two broken fingers but no card.
Got to ask yourself; Had it been the Clover keeper hit by the Lancaster striker would you want a card? If your player was trying to get a loose ball in the box and Lancaster keeper was stepped on would you be calling for a card for player safety?

brace
brace

In the picture in the link there is no reason for the Clover striker to be kicking the FM keeper in the leg through the FM defender, but it was a bang bang play and she was just trying to get the ball, but she chose to kick at a ball she had no chance to get and hit the keeper instead. No card or foul was called (as I remember it) was it dirty, not how I saw it, was it very aggressive yes.

web page

Last edited by The Chief; 04/06/11 06:41 PM.
T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

I have never seen a player from Clover intentionally try to hurt another player. Have they been provoked to the point of having to defend themselves? Yes they have. Thus, there lies the problem. It is the responsibility of the Referees and Coaches to stop said provacation before it gets to the point of self defense. Clover is a young team, they have done better this year than most thought they would. There performance in recent games is evident that they are not dirty. They know how to play soccer, They DO NOT know how to fight. Why would Clovers "player of the year" need to go out and try to hurt someone, she can run circles around most teams in this region single handedly. Put Clover up against any civilized skilled team and you will see a great game, put them up against a bunch of unskilled street fighters and you will see a bunch of confused girls trying to defend both their honor and themselves.

i think this was a yes or no question

brace
brace
Oh in that case: Yes, or No depending on your jersey color!

A
kick off
kick off
A
Quote:

Ok, thanks and H3 seems to have jumbled thing together. Carding a player for contacting a keeper is very common in open field play, but in a crowd in the box on the ground with ball not in control it is harder to get a ref to stop play, not saying it should not have been carded but my son had his hand stomped in the box trying to corral a loose ball, no card, two broken fingers but no card.
Got to ask yourself; Had it been the Clover keeper hit by the Lancaster striker would you want a card? If your player was trying to get a loose ball in the box and Lancaster keeper was stepped on would you be calling for a card for player safety?

As a friend to several of the clover parents, I can tell you the striker did not hit the goalie. The goalie came out of the box for the ball and the striker was going for the ball and jumped over the keeper. The keeper left for a minute, as well the striker, and game back in before the striker who came back pretty quick as well. As far as the clover keeper. She was in TOTAL control of the ball and the lancaster striker kicked the ball out of her hands and stomped on her arms and then it went in. No card, no call against the lancaster team and did not even check on the clover goalie at all. There was NO scramble for the ball, nor was it 3 yards out.
And I believe what H3ad3rs is trying to say is that at the end of the game the referee was by the ambulance to find out the injured players jersey number and gave her a yellow card for rushing the goalie, hence the 4 cards. Until today we all knew about the 3, so he was trying to cover himself.

brace
brace
So you were there and saw it then? Pictures would be nice but without them we will have to decide if those far away saw it better than those up close. I would discount both teams players and their comments as in a game they often only see one way.

Has she made unecessary contact before? That is what I was showing in the picture I linked to. I am more than willing to accept that she did not mean to make it, if she did, but I have seen cards given for flyby's of a keeper even when contact was not made.

A
kick off
kick off
A
No that striker is just a good, aggressive player and from what I have seen is always going for the ball and never intentionally is trying to hurt anybody. And I agree with your picture, she was just trying to go for the ball.

Haha, no pictures or video, just same consensus from parents and players. And I hope it is not true that the ref gave the injured player a card, but time will tell. I hope the Clover coaching staff and school and parents are not giving up on this. I have already seen clover's poy get punched and dragged down, right in front of the referee, and all the girl got was a yellow card. The player was injured and it looked a little scary there for a while. I agree with Big Daddy, soon a lot of girls will not play because of the chance of some serious injury.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
There is more thug style play in one season of HS soccer than 5 years of club soccer. To many big girls throwing there bodies around without the necessary skill set to understand the harm they can do. HS soccer has way to many collisions between field players and the goalie.

"Duh,WINNING."
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard