Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Haha, no pictures or video, just same consensus from parents and players.

I'm sure there is equal and contradictory consensus by the other team's parents and players. That's why we have referees who are trained to be impartial. Usually they are, even though countless fans have accused many a referee of being impartial with yells of "call it both ways" or other things to that affect. I would tend to want to accept the referee's account as being more accurate than that of the fans from either team.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

So you were there and saw it then? Pictures would be nice but without them we will have to decide if those far away saw it better than those up close. I would discount both teams players and their comments as in a game they often only see one way.

Has she made unecessary contact before? That is what I was showing in the picture I linked to. I am more than willing to accept that she did not mean to make it, if she did, but I have seen cards given for flyby's of a keeper even when contact was not made.

Chief your picture doesn't show a darned thing....so stop trying to make it look like its something its not. Heck, it looks like the FM defender is crashing into the FM keeper. All that picture shows...is that sometimes soccer is a bang bang type game that involves collision.

Please tell me you aren't insinuating that picture implies anything other than that unless you have the 10 frames that proceeded it. By itself, it shows nothing.

You said it yourself way back.....Fort Mill and Clover have had wars over the last 3-4 years. And those intense and highly competitive games were NEVER tinged with the reckless behaviour that was alleged the other night. To post a picture of a minor on a forum and try to somehow equate it with what happened the other night is irresponsible and if she were my kid I would be PM'ing you to suggest a personal meeting.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent. I understand your point about perception and thin lines....but be careful.

brace
brace
What the picture clearly shows is the striker making contact with the keepers thigh even thought the keeper has the ball around the other side and the defender was between them. She had no chance to get the ball when she chose to kick at it. I saw the play and used it as an example of agressive but not dirty play, bad choice yes, but dirty no. I said so in my post. In no way did I equate it to what happened the other night or even insinuate the body slamming was comparable. (and to say I did is irresponsible )

My point, since you might have missed it, was on the red card for going over the keeper. I was showing how in a bang bang play players can make bad choices becasue of over aggressivness, it just happens it is not dirty. I was defending her and Clover while also pointing out that the ref could have carded her for what he might have felt was out of control play regaurdless of the alleged contact.

As for the picture thing it was easily available on internet with no need of passwords so if you think there are some devients on here who will miss use it you might want to totally rethink what people put out there. However I am fairly sure it will go away in short time as no photos are posted and old games are cleared out. Which is why I used a link I knew will go away instead of a cut and paste that would stay out there for ever.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Haha, no pictures or video, just same consensus from parents and players.

I'm sure there is equal and contradictory consensus by the other team's parents and players. That's why we have referees who are trained to be impartial. Usually they are, even though countless fans have accused many a referee of being impartial with yells of "call it both ways" or other things to that affect. I would tend to want to accept the referee's account as being more accurate than that of the fans from either team.

Everything and every one has bias. A closer reading of the referees words could imply one. I suppose you unilaterally trust cops and preachers and the IRS also? Kidding.

I trust eyewitness accounts from people that I know to be reliable, far more than I do forum screen personas.

You can either chaulk it up to vengeful and hysterically crazed parents....or maybe accept that soemthing out of the norm happened the other night. I'm going with the latter.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Are you blind big daddy? The picture shows three girls playing soccer.

"Duh,WINNING."
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

What the picture clearly shows is the striker making contact with the keepers thigh even thought the keeper has the ball around the other side and the defender was between them. She had no chance to get the ball when she chose to kick at it. I saw the play and used it as an example of agressive but not dirty play, bad choice yes, but dirty no. I said so in my post. In no way did I equate it to what happened the other night or even insinuate the body slamming was comparable. (and to say I did is irresponsible )

My point, since you might have missed it, was on the red card for going over the keeper. I was showing how in a bang bang play players can make bad choices becasue of over aggressivness, it just happens it is not dirty. I was defending her and Clover while also pointing out that the ref could have carded her for what he might have felt was out of control play regaurdless of the alleged contact.

As for the picture thing it was easily available on internet with no need of passwords so if you think there are some devients on here who will miss use it you might want to totally rethink what people put out there. However I am fairly sure it will go away in short time as no photos are posted and old games are cleared out. Which is why I used a link I knew will go away instead of a cut and paste that would stay out there for ever.

I don't see the ball, nor do I see the pace with which the ball was played, so I can't possibly tell if the attackers "kick" was untimely/dirty/aggressive.

We have all seen plays where one kid hits another one "well" after the ball was played. We have also all seen plays where kids get hit micro seconds after the ball is played.

Again, I understand your intent. But you are reaching....
apples and oranges situation.

S
bench
bench
S
Yes, they are very dirty, but nothing compared to Lancaster. They appear to be coached that way. I think "The Five" must stand for 1. Tackle from behind, 2. Truck stick girls in the open field, 3. Clothesline them in the circle, 4. Body slam in the box, and 5. Studs up in the six

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I'm glad we don't have this dirty play from teams in the upstate.. this player / coaching conduct from that part of the state is just shameful....

brace
brace
The ball is between the keepers arms. Use your browser magnify (bottom right) to go to 400% and you can see it, look for the curve of the ball between her legs as well as the impression of the cleat on her leg. Use the back botton on the pic to see the frame before and you will see the defender is in position to block her with the keeper coming on. Notice the Arc on the ground they are just in the the arc and defender knows keeper is at the line waiting, she sees her collision coming .
The striker is, to her credit, very focused on the ball and at last second realizes keeper is pulling ball so she takes a kick at it but has to go thru defender and back of keepers thigh to get it. I saw the play, she never had a real chance to get to the ball, she tried but the bounce was long and high, she got over agressive at last second becasue game was hard played and close with few chances either side.

I will stand on agressive play with bad split second decision (not saying I could do better, casue not much I can do that fast anymore! ) but not dirty and so I will hold that Clover tries hard, but no; as a team they are not dirty.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

There is more thug style play in one season of HS soccer than 5 years of club soccer. To many big girls throwing there bodies around without the necessary skill set to understand the harm they can do. HS soccer has way to many collisions between field players and the goalie.

QFT

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard