Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
brace
brace
B
The reality is, at the high school level, SOME teams:
1) Include inexperienced "athletes" to fill out sides and rosters;
2) Are coached/trained by well-intentioned, but inexperienced, less-competent folks; and
3) Are (occasionally inappropriately) supported by parents who know little about competitive sports, much less soccer.

Throw in shaky officials working crosstown rivalries, and you have a potential problem.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

2) Are coached/trained by well-intentioned, but inexperienced, less-competent folks; and
3) Are (occasionally inappropriately) supported by parents who know little about competitive sports, much less soccer.

Throw in shaky officials working crosstown rivalries, and you have a potential problem.

Nice post

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Now, we have a Winner

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

If what you say is true, which I believe it is, that will explain why so many HS matches get chippy.

"Duh,WINNING."
Goal
Goal
Also remember that HS soccer is 9th-12th grade. When a senior bumps into another senior, you might not see much. Shoulder-shoulder senior vs freshman or sophomore? Most likely you'll see a different more violent result.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Yes, I have never seen in 12 years of Club soccer, a "chippy" game.

NOT!!!!!!!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Also remember that HS soccer is 9th-12th grade. When a senior bumps into another senior, you might not see much. Shoulder-shoulder senior vs freshman or sophomore? Most likely you'll see a different more violent result.

Can't say that I agree with this. When my daughter was playing as a senior she got bowled over a few times by freshmen and sophomores who were nearly twice her size.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Coaching, coaching , coaching. If the coach has the respect of his players and is involved in the game he can limit any situation from exculating in club or high school.Ours yanks any player who gets away from why they are out there. Win the ball and help the team score. You can tell when two players have had enough of each other. Switch em up or sit em down. Do nothing and the incident of 2011 starts again.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

Yes, I have never seen in 12 years of Club soccer, a "chippy" game.

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Bomber whats the most cards you have seen in one of those club games in your twelve years?? I have seen an entire season with just a couple cards given.

"Duh,WINNING."
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
A couple of yellows, which is about what I've seen in high school.

Are you of the belief Club does not get Chippy?

We had "wars" versus Bridge for years. Games versus Boca and Ponte Vedra also very physical and a bit "chippy".
Also Columbia United...

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard