throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Is Clover a dirty team ?

"Duh,WINNING."
bench
bench
I have never seen a player from Clover intentionally try to hurt another player. Have they been provoked to the point of having to defend themselves? Yes they have. Thus, there lies the problem. It is the responsibility of the Referees and Coaches to stop said provacation before it gets to the point of self defense. Clover is a young team, they have done better this year than most thought they would. There performance in recent games is evident that they are not dirty. They know how to play soccer, They DO NOT know how to fight. Why would Clovers "player of the year" need to go out and try to hurt someone, she can run circles around most teams in this region single handedly. Put Clover up against any civilized skilled team and you will see a great game, put them up against a bunch of unskilled street fighters and you will see a bunch of confused girls trying to defend both their honor and themselves.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Who is POY for Clover ? Initials are fine. BTW hard headed seems to disagree with you, was his assessment of the game wrong ?

"Duh,WINNING."
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Shes 4'2". Who is she gonna hurt

bench
bench
I will give you my opinion of the Clover vs. NW game. And we all know what they say about opinions, like other things we all have one. Clover was outplayed by a much improved NW team that wanted the Win more and got it! I don't think anyone from Clover would begrudge them the win they earned. Sounds to me like Hardheaded has some sort of personal problem with someone from Clover and is just using any available opportunity to spout his jealousy and hatred.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

I will give you my opinion of the Clover vs. NW game. And we all know what they say about opinions, like other things we all have one. Clover was outplayed by a much improved NW team that wanted the Win more and got it! I don't think anyone from Clover would begrudge them the win they earned. Sounds to me like Hardheaded has some sort of personal problem with someone from Clover and is just using any available opportunity to spout his jealousy and hatred.

Fair enough.

"Duh,WINNING."
T
kick off
kick off
T
No, she is 4'10" and no Clover is not a Dirty team. Look where I am from before screaming bias. Our family knows the Clover coach and we know several of the Clover players and parents. While at times we have had our differences, none of these kids would deliberately hurt someone on the field. The Clover Coach would not tolerate this and Clover V Fort Mill are some real wars. But no matter how heated the Coaches on both teams are the ones that keep the game under control.

Hope the player is Ok, and just because she was not hospitalized, does not mean she is not hurt. This is another reason that I am glad my daughter is no longer playing HS Soccer.

bench
bench
She was hospitalized overnight and she will hopefully have a full recovery. You are right..Ft. Mill/Clover had real wars in a good clean physical setting each time.

A
kick off
kick off
A
No, Clover is not a dirty team. They are very talented and skilled team. The Clover coach would have thrown that player off of the team if that had happen. I believe the game being stopped was a good idea because who knows what would have happened after that.

As far as NW game, I agree with 2013 Dad.....they wanted it more, but there was some bad calls and questionable plays on BOTH sides of the ball.
Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. Is this is what it comes down to, calling girls and teams out? I think some should be ashamed of themselves.

Heard NW may have some extra fans at friday's game against lancaster? do you think Caesar could use about 16 or so ball girls? lol

A
kick off
kick off
A
Oh, and heard from some of the parents/players that the fans were even harassing the Clover players after the game? Very classy--------where has common decency gone? Um, don't answer that, lol

And yes that player was released last night and has some bruising and contusions (I think) and hope to see her back on the field soon

brace
brace
Quote:

Heard NW may have some extra fans at friday's game against lancaster? do you think Caesar could use about 16 or so ball girls? lol

Ya know a lot of these York county girls have played club together in many different combinations DSC, CSSC, PUFC, NSSC, CSA, CSC, CUFC, SCSA, ect ... Many are friends, some close some not so much. I think you would even find the ones who do not like a girl on another school team still have respect for them.

The draw back that when you go against these "friends" you will leave a little more on the field becasue it always stings a little more to lose to them. Does this lead to rough play sometimes, but rough is not always dirty. Sometimes it is just rough play and refs and coaches can either reel it in or ignore it hoping no one goes to far, have seen it go both ways!

FMHS vs Clover is a war every time but I would also point out that many girls are hugging friends both before and after the game.

Now that we got that out of the way, explain to me how, no matter rough/dirty they play, another team player has the right/ability to intentionally hurt another player? This is a crime not poor sportsmanship period. Anyone who wants to attack CLover and blame it on them needs to think about if this is what they would tolerate toward a player on their childs team or even their child!

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

No, Clover is not a dirty team. They are very talented and skilled team. The Clover coach would have thrown that player off of the team if that had happen. I believe the game being stopped was a good idea because who knows what would have happened after that.

As far as NW game, I agree with 2013 Dad.....they wanted it more, but there was some bad calls and questionable plays on BOTH sides of the ball.
Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. Is this is what it comes down to, calling girls and teams out? I think some should be ashamed of themselves.

If a team plays clean and fair but hard I really do not see a problem. who is calling anyone out ?

"Duh,WINNING."
brace
brace
One mans rough is another's dirty. Skilled players often know how to play more phsically without fouling. How many avg players know how to make a good close slide tackle without getting a whistle? Show me a very good team who has not had the "they play dirty or to rough" tag thrown at them. Was there not just such a thread here on the girls side?

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

One mans rough is another's dirty. Skilled players often know how to play more phsically without fouling. How many avg players know how to make a good close slide tackle without getting a whistle? Show me a very good team who has not had the "they play dirty or to rough" tag thrown at them. Was there not just such a thread here on the girls side?

That would be on the club side but Hyslops 93's are better than good and they have never been labeled dirty or rough.

"Duh,WINNING."
world cup
world cup
Hyslop's 93's have a Clover player on the team.

Therefore, by deductive reasoning (or the principal of association)

Clover = NOT dirty.

Close thread.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
We have played Clover several times over the years. They are very hard working, very well coached. We never noticed any dirty play - but we did notice some extremely hard working and motivated young ladies representing their school, their community and their coach. As a coach I would want my players to come out with the same intensity and common goal to give it all you got!
Good luck the rest of the way Clover.

C
Goal
Goal
C
As a former and current club coach of several Clover players, I in no way believe they intentionally play dirty. Aggressive, Passionate, Hard Working yes!!! All things that were lacking from us in our first meeting vs. Clover. In our second game, I challenged my players to match their intensity, to play as aggressive, to win the 50/50 balls, but also play soccer.

As I said before good luck to Clover the rest of the way and we (NW) look forward to a good match vs. Lancaster.

I
bench
bench
I
I have seen Clover around 5 times in the last 2 yrs. IMO they are not dirty, but aggressively challenge for the ball. However several of their players (even skilled ones) are not very skilled in using their bodies correctly (or fairly) on challenges. Some use their arms excessively to gain advantage, others their hips. However it always seems to be to get the ball and rarely is done to intimidate.

bench
bench
Guess I'll chime in on this subject. After everything is said and done it falls on the officials to maintain order on the pitch. No if's, ands, or buts. That being said after seeing the last 4 games I'd say that there was a serious shortage of it at times. While I guess you could say I'm biased towards Clover I will say that they have gotten some breaks at times as well but it is my belief that there has been an appearance of calls being one-sided against or no calls for Clover at times. The Lancaster game was an atrocity plain and simple. For the officials to say they didn't see it (the attack...yes thats right attack) then I can find no words to describe my outrage. Oh btw Realist, explain how the injured player got carded for the so-called goalie run-in (after her injury) instead of the Clover striker (who actually did clear the goalie but brushed against her head with her cleat while going over her while out of the box). Looks a little like CYA.

bench
bench
If it were up to me I'd give Clover the win on forfeit because Lancaster does not want to play at a neutral site. If Clover decides to not play/finish this game what does that say about the "rules". Maybe a little addendum is in order. What shocked me the most though was the verbal abuse thrown at some of the Clover girls after the game by the home crowd. If your reading this Clover coaching staff. Stand tall and don't cave-in. If you have to forfeit then do so. Stand up for your players. Maybe a boycott of the rest of the season is in order along with some news coverage. As far as what team is dirty and so forth, the subject is ridiculous. No "team" is dirty. Are there players with tendencies towards dirty play...yes. Clover has one and another that does occasionally but from what I've seen so far they (Clover) are one of the least dirty teams. Dare for someone from Lancaster to say that.

brace
brace
Ok one Clover fan/poster has posted that the Clover player was carded after jumping the keeper and you are saying the keeper was carded. Which is it?

bench
bench
the Clover player was carded for jumping over the keeper, while a Lancaster girl cleated Clover's keeper without a card.

brace
brace
Ok, thanks and H3 seems to have jumbled thing together. Carding a player for contacting a keeper is very common in open field play, but in a crowd in the box on the ground with ball not in control it is harder to get a ref to stop play, not saying it should not have been carded but my son had his hand stomped in the box trying to corral a loose ball, no card, two broken fingers but no card.
Got to ask yourself; Had it been the Clover keeper hit by the Lancaster striker would you want a card? If your player was trying to get a loose ball in the box and Lancaster keeper was stepped on would you be calling for a card for player safety?

brace
brace

In the picture in the link there is no reason for the Clover striker to be kicking the FM keeper in the leg through the FM defender, but it was a bang bang play and she was just trying to get the ball, but she chose to kick at a ball she had no chance to get and hit the keeper instead. No card or foul was called (as I remember it) was it dirty, not how I saw it, was it very aggressive yes.

web page

Last edited by The Chief; 04/06/11 06:41 PM.
T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

I have never seen a player from Clover intentionally try to hurt another player. Have they been provoked to the point of having to defend themselves? Yes they have. Thus, there lies the problem. It is the responsibility of the Referees and Coaches to stop said provacation before it gets to the point of self defense. Clover is a young team, they have done better this year than most thought they would. There performance in recent games is evident that they are not dirty. They know how to play soccer, They DO NOT know how to fight. Why would Clovers "player of the year" need to go out and try to hurt someone, she can run circles around most teams in this region single handedly. Put Clover up against any civilized skilled team and you will see a great game, put them up against a bunch of unskilled street fighters and you will see a bunch of confused girls trying to defend both their honor and themselves.

i think this was a yes or no question

brace
brace
Oh in that case: Yes, or No depending on your jersey color!

A
kick off
kick off
A
Quote:

Ok, thanks and H3 seems to have jumbled thing together. Carding a player for contacting a keeper is very common in open field play, but in a crowd in the box on the ground with ball not in control it is harder to get a ref to stop play, not saying it should not have been carded but my son had his hand stomped in the box trying to corral a loose ball, no card, two broken fingers but no card.
Got to ask yourself; Had it been the Clover keeper hit by the Lancaster striker would you want a card? If your player was trying to get a loose ball in the box and Lancaster keeper was stepped on would you be calling for a card for player safety?

As a friend to several of the clover parents, I can tell you the striker did not hit the goalie. The goalie came out of the box for the ball and the striker was going for the ball and jumped over the keeper. The keeper left for a minute, as well the striker, and game back in before the striker who came back pretty quick as well. As far as the clover keeper. She was in TOTAL control of the ball and the lancaster striker kicked the ball out of her hands and stomped on her arms and then it went in. No card, no call against the lancaster team and did not even check on the clover goalie at all. There was NO scramble for the ball, nor was it 3 yards out.
And I believe what H3ad3rs is trying to say is that at the end of the game the referee was by the ambulance to find out the injured players jersey number and gave her a yellow card for rushing the goalie, hence the 4 cards. Until today we all knew about the 3, so he was trying to cover himself.

brace
brace
So you were there and saw it then? Pictures would be nice but without them we will have to decide if those far away saw it better than those up close. I would discount both teams players and their comments as in a game they often only see one way.

Has she made unecessary contact before? That is what I was showing in the picture I linked to. I am more than willing to accept that she did not mean to make it, if she did, but I have seen cards given for flyby's of a keeper even when contact was not made.

A
kick off
kick off
A
No that striker is just a good, aggressive player and from what I have seen is always going for the ball and never intentionally is trying to hurt anybody. And I agree with your picture, she was just trying to go for the ball.

Haha, no pictures or video, just same consensus from parents and players. And I hope it is not true that the ref gave the injured player a card, but time will tell. I hope the Clover coaching staff and school and parents are not giving up on this. I have already seen clover's poy get punched and dragged down, right in front of the referee, and all the girl got was a yellow card. The player was injured and it looked a little scary there for a while. I agree with Big Daddy, soon a lot of girls will not play because of the chance of some serious injury.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
There is more thug style play in one season of HS soccer than 5 years of club soccer. To many big girls throwing there bodies around without the necessary skill set to understand the harm they can do. HS soccer has way to many collisions between field players and the goalie.

"Duh,WINNING."
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Haha, no pictures or video, just same consensus from parents and players.

I'm sure there is equal and contradictory consensus by the other team's parents and players. That's why we have referees who are trained to be impartial. Usually they are, even though countless fans have accused many a referee of being impartial with yells of "call it both ways" or other things to that affect. I would tend to want to accept the referee's account as being more accurate than that of the fans from either team.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

So you were there and saw it then? Pictures would be nice but without them we will have to decide if those far away saw it better than those up close. I would discount both teams players and their comments as in a game they often only see one way.

Has she made unecessary contact before? That is what I was showing in the picture I linked to. I am more than willing to accept that she did not mean to make it, if she did, but I have seen cards given for flyby's of a keeper even when contact was not made.

Chief your picture doesn't show a darned thing....so stop trying to make it look like its something its not. Heck, it looks like the FM defender is crashing into the FM keeper. All that picture shows...is that sometimes soccer is a bang bang type game that involves collision.

Please tell me you aren't insinuating that picture implies anything other than that unless you have the 10 frames that proceeded it. By itself, it shows nothing.

You said it yourself way back.....Fort Mill and Clover have had wars over the last 3-4 years. And those intense and highly competitive games were NEVER tinged with the reckless behaviour that was alleged the other night. To post a picture of a minor on a forum and try to somehow equate it with what happened the other night is irresponsible and if she were my kid I would be PM'ing you to suggest a personal meeting.

I'm sure that wasn't your intent. I understand your point about perception and thin lines....but be careful.

brace
brace
What the picture clearly shows is the striker making contact with the keepers thigh even thought the keeper has the ball around the other side and the defender was between them. She had no chance to get the ball when she chose to kick at it. I saw the play and used it as an example of agressive but not dirty play, bad choice yes, but dirty no. I said so in my post. In no way did I equate it to what happened the other night or even insinuate the body slamming was comparable. (and to say I did is irresponsible )

My point, since you might have missed it, was on the red card for going over the keeper. I was showing how in a bang bang play players can make bad choices becasue of over aggressivness, it just happens it is not dirty. I was defending her and Clover while also pointing out that the ref could have carded her for what he might have felt was out of control play regaurdless of the alleged contact.

As for the picture thing it was easily available on internet with no need of passwords so if you think there are some devients on here who will miss use it you might want to totally rethink what people put out there. However I am fairly sure it will go away in short time as no photos are posted and old games are cleared out. Which is why I used a link I knew will go away instead of a cut and paste that would stay out there for ever.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Haha, no pictures or video, just same consensus from parents and players.

I'm sure there is equal and contradictory consensus by the other team's parents and players. That's why we have referees who are trained to be impartial. Usually they are, even though countless fans have accused many a referee of being impartial with yells of "call it both ways" or other things to that affect. I would tend to want to accept the referee's account as being more accurate than that of the fans from either team.

Everything and every one has bias. A closer reading of the referees words could imply one. I suppose you unilaterally trust cops and preachers and the IRS also? Kidding.

I trust eyewitness accounts from people that I know to be reliable, far more than I do forum screen personas.

You can either chaulk it up to vengeful and hysterically crazed parents....or maybe accept that soemthing out of the norm happened the other night. I'm going with the latter.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Are you blind big daddy? The picture shows three girls playing soccer.

"Duh,WINNING."
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

What the picture clearly shows is the striker making contact with the keepers thigh even thought the keeper has the ball around the other side and the defender was between them. She had no chance to get the ball when she chose to kick at it. I saw the play and used it as an example of agressive but not dirty play, bad choice yes, but dirty no. I said so in my post. In no way did I equate it to what happened the other night or even insinuate the body slamming was comparable. (and to say I did is irresponsible )

My point, since you might have missed it, was on the red card for going over the keeper. I was showing how in a bang bang play players can make bad choices becasue of over aggressivness, it just happens it is not dirty. I was defending her and Clover while also pointing out that the ref could have carded her for what he might have felt was out of control play regaurdless of the alleged contact.

As for the picture thing it was easily available on internet with no need of passwords so if you think there are some devients on here who will miss use it you might want to totally rethink what people put out there. However I am fairly sure it will go away in short time as no photos are posted and old games are cleared out. Which is why I used a link I knew will go away instead of a cut and paste that would stay out there for ever.

I don't see the ball, nor do I see the pace with which the ball was played, so I can't possibly tell if the attackers "kick" was untimely/dirty/aggressive.

We have all seen plays where one kid hits another one "well" after the ball was played. We have also all seen plays where kids get hit micro seconds after the ball is played.

Again, I understand your intent. But you are reaching....
apples and oranges situation.

S
bench
bench
S
Yes, they are very dirty, but nothing compared to Lancaster. They appear to be coached that way. I think "The Five" must stand for 1. Tackle from behind, 2. Truck stick girls in the open field, 3. Clothesline them in the circle, 4. Body slam in the box, and 5. Studs up in the six

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I'm glad we don't have this dirty play from teams in the upstate.. this player / coaching conduct from that part of the state is just shameful....

brace
brace
The ball is between the keepers arms. Use your browser magnify (bottom right) to go to 400% and you can see it, look for the curve of the ball between her legs as well as the impression of the cleat on her leg. Use the back botton on the pic to see the frame before and you will see the defender is in position to block her with the keeper coming on. Notice the Arc on the ground they are just in the the arc and defender knows keeper is at the line waiting, she sees her collision coming .
The striker is, to her credit, very focused on the ball and at last second realizes keeper is pulling ball so she takes a kick at it but has to go thru defender and back of keepers thigh to get it. I saw the play, she never had a real chance to get to the ball, she tried but the bounce was long and high, she got over agressive at last second becasue game was hard played and close with few chances either side.

I will stand on agressive play with bad split second decision (not saying I could do better, casue not much I can do that fast anymore! ) but not dirty and so I will hold that Clover tries hard, but no; as a team they are not dirty.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

There is more thug style play in one season of HS soccer than 5 years of club soccer. To many big girls throwing there bodies around without the necessary skill set to understand the harm they can do. HS soccer has way to many collisions between field players and the goalie.

QFT

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Yes, they are very dirty, but nothing compared to Lancaster. They appear to be coached that way. I think "The Five" must stand for 1. Tackle from behind, 2. Truck stick girls in the open field, 3. Clothesline them in the circle, 4. Body slam in the box, and 5. Studs up in the six

I think the bolded part offers a type of reasonable explanation. It's not that the coach is telling them to play dirty, it is to play overly aggressive and physical type soccer. Kind of play through them as opposed to play around them

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I trust eyewitness accounts from people that I know to be reliable, far more than I do forum screen personas.

I've had plenty of experiences over the years where different people I knew to be reliable told conflicting eye witness accounts of events in soccer games.

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Quote:

I've had plenty of experiences over the years where different people I knew to be reliable told conflicting eye witness accounts of events in soccer games.

As always, different eyes, different fields of view, lead to different opinions

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

As always, different eyes, different fields of view, lead to different opinions

Yep. That's my point.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Yep, everyone's perception is slightly skewed...even mine.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
How did the spartanburg vs lancaster game go. Like to hear Spartanburg's opinion of that game and if Lancaster was on their best behavior

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Have not really seen any dirty teams here in the lowcountry..Some more aggressive than others but that's to be expected..We want our girls to play hard..right?
I think most don't go on to the field with the attitude to hurt someone..These games can be fueled by poor coaching or refs letting the games get out of control...Soo..don't be afraid to whip that card out early in the match..sometimes that sets the tone for the rest of the match..Who spends endless hours with these girls every season? The coach..Pull that player off the field if she is mad and playing over aggressively...And let's not forget the parents..Can they create a hostile enviroment? Sure!! Seen it many times..Sit down..root for your team..Let the refs do their job whether you like the calls are not..And most important..Enjoy the game!!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Have not really seen any dirty teams here in the lowcountry..Some more aggressive than others but that's to be expected..We want our girls to play hard..right?
I think most don't go on to the field with the attitude to hurt someone..These games can be fueled by poor coaching or refs letting the games get out of control...Soo..don't be afraid to whip that card out early in the match..sometimes that sets the tone for the rest of the match..Who spends endless hours with these girls every season? The coach..Pull that player off the field if she is mad and playing over aggressively...And let's not forget the parents..Can they create a hostile enviroment? Sure!! Seen it many times..Sit down..root for your team..Let the refs do their job whether you like the calls are not..And most important..Enjoy the game!!

Amen. A five minute time out for a player does wonders.

kick off
kick off
Isn't the Lancaster coach the allstar game coach too? How can that be?

@chicagoredstars
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Isn't the Lancaster coach the allstar game coach too? How can that be?

Boys

B
brace
brace
B
The reality is, at the high school level, SOME teams:
1) Include inexperienced "athletes" to fill out sides and rosters;
2) Are coached/trained by well-intentioned, but inexperienced, less-competent folks; and
3) Are (occasionally inappropriately) supported by parents who know little about competitive sports, much less soccer.

Throw in shaky officials working crosstown rivalries, and you have a potential problem.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

2) Are coached/trained by well-intentioned, but inexperienced, less-competent folks; and
3) Are (occasionally inappropriately) supported by parents who know little about competitive sports, much less soccer.

Throw in shaky officials working crosstown rivalries, and you have a potential problem.

Nice post

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Now, we have a Winner

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

If what you say is true, which I believe it is, that will explain why so many HS matches get chippy.

"Duh,WINNING."
Goal
Goal
Also remember that HS soccer is 9th-12th grade. When a senior bumps into another senior, you might not see much. Shoulder-shoulder senior vs freshman or sophomore? Most likely you'll see a different more violent result.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Yes, I have never seen in 12 years of Club soccer, a "chippy" game.

NOT!!!!!!!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Also remember that HS soccer is 9th-12th grade. When a senior bumps into another senior, you might not see much. Shoulder-shoulder senior vs freshman or sophomore? Most likely you'll see a different more violent result.

Can't say that I agree with this. When my daughter was playing as a senior she got bowled over a few times by freshmen and sophomores who were nearly twice her size.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Coaching, coaching , coaching. If the coach has the respect of his players and is involved in the game he can limit any situation from exculating in club or high school.Ours yanks any player who gets away from why they are out there. Win the ball and help the team score. You can tell when two players have had enough of each other. Switch em up or sit em down. Do nothing and the incident of 2011 starts again.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

Yes, I have never seen in 12 years of Club soccer, a "chippy" game.

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Bomber whats the most cards you have seen in one of those club games in your twelve years?? I have seen an entire season with just a couple cards given.

"Duh,WINNING."
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
A couple of yellows, which is about what I've seen in high school.

Are you of the belief Club does not get Chippy?

We had "wars" versus Bridge for years. Games versus Boca and Ponte Vedra also very physical and a bit "chippy".
Also Columbia United...

S
throw in
throw in
S
Bomber you forgot GSA - probably the most physical of all, but what earns a yellow card in high school doesn't even earn a foul in club. Soccer is a contact sport, thats why 8th graders can't be on a varsity team.

Club - a couple yellow cards a season
High School - a couple yellow cards a week

There is definitely more yellow cards given in high school games. Problem is you are mixing such different levels of players and size on the field. You don't have that anywhere else. Club is fairly segregated into the same level of skill and age playing each other. College soccer as well (not age but skill) - except maybe in intramural soccer, but then intramural soccer is not fueled by overly passionate vocal fans in the stands yelling at refs and players or tough school rivalries. I would expect close conference games or close school rivalry games get a lot more "chippy" then two schools that don't care about each other.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Can't say that I agree with this. When my daughter was playing as a senior she got bowled over a few times by freshmen and sophomores who were nearly twice her size.

Ok...but your daughter, as your describing, doesn't sound like the average senior. 18 yr olds vs 14 yr olds there should be no contest in terms of physicality. Bigger, stronger, faster on average beats smaller, weaker, slower.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Sorry for multi-posting.....but a friend asked me to post on this subject.

" would really like you to post this on SC soccer. One last note on the Clover Lancaster game.

I did not attend the game but my wife was one of the first people down on the field after the Clover player got hurt. When my wife arrived on the field, the Clover girl could not feel her neck or move her back. It was a scarey scene for everyone. What happened next is the untold story. My wife and the Clover coaches prayed adamantly for feeling to return to the little girls neck and back. Many tears were shed. A doctor, who no one really knew, (from the Lancaster side) came down to the field and offered much support. He even came to the hospital to attend to the player. During the evaluation process he was the one who communicated with my wife and others about the status of the injured Clover player. As the ambulance drove away the girls from the Clover team joined together in prayer on the field. Within minutes feeling returned to the Clover player. By the time she reached the hospital she was nearly healed. I don't know for sure, but I think there was something amazing that came out of this situation. The Clover family wants to thank all those who prayed for their player. We think her recovery is a miracle.

Thanks.

Brace
Brace
Thanks for sharing and great to hear how both sides came together in a matter of what is truy important, the safety and well being of all. There is also a great story about the strength of prayer in the book Heaven is for Real.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
There it is. Do away with high school soccer. Mixing casual players with club. Shortage of experienced coaches and refs.
Not enough full sized soccer fields. Cats sleeping with dogs. Its a wonder its made it this long. next is football. Can't have Byrnes experienced players playing against under sized Mann. Dangerous. Also basketball. Hate to watch 5'6" guy drive against the 6'4" player. Dangerous.Definitely have to do away with lacrosse; they have sticks. Cross country has to go because its not fair to run against someone with longer legs.Don't get me started with wrestling. So that leaves baseball and beauty pageants. So go to school, do your homework and join a club. All is well.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Ohhh Patriot.

Are you STILL upset that we did not let you drive to or from Richmond?

Maybe at High School soccer games we can all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Ok...but your daughter, as your describing, doesn't sound like the average senior. 18 yr olds vs 14 yr olds there should be no contest in terms of physicality. Bigger, stronger, faster on average beats smaller, weaker, slower.

I believe most girls complete their growth spurt by age 14-15 (9th grade). My point was that the difference in size is not necessarily determined by age or grade. I coached a U18 girls team this past fall and there was a large variance in size of players on my team as well as the teams we played against. I'd estimate that the heights of the eight seniors on our high school team range from 5'2" to 5'9". Both our tallest and shortest players are juniors.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Ohhh Patriot.

Are you STILL upset that we did not let you drive to or from Richmond?

Maybe at High School soccer games we can all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya.

There again. Casual drivers and club drivers. Who is more dangerous

Last edited by patriot; 04/08/11 07:53 PM.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard