Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
throw in
throw in
S
Bomber you forgot GSA - probably the most physical of all, but what earns a yellow card in high school doesn't even earn a foul in club. Soccer is a contact sport, thats why 8th graders can't be on a varsity team.

Club - a couple yellow cards a season
High School - a couple yellow cards a week

There is definitely more yellow cards given in high school games. Problem is you are mixing such different levels of players and size on the field. You don't have that anywhere else. Club is fairly segregated into the same level of skill and age playing each other. College soccer as well (not age but skill) - except maybe in intramural soccer, but then intramural soccer is not fueled by overly passionate vocal fans in the stands yelling at refs and players or tough school rivalries. I would expect close conference games or close school rivalry games get a lot more "chippy" then two schools that don't care about each other.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Also remember that HS soccer is 9th-12th grade. When a senior bumps into another senior, you might not see much. Shoulder-shoulder senior vs freshman or sophomore? Most likely you'll see a different more violent result.

Can't say that I agree with this. When my daughter was playing as a senior she got bowled over a few times by freshmen and sophomores who were nearly twice her size.

Ok...but your daughter, as your describing, doesn't sound like the average senior. 18 yr olds vs 14 yr olds there should be no contest in terms of physicality. Bigger, stronger, faster on average beats smaller, weaker, slower.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Sorry for multi-posting.....but a friend asked me to post on this subject.

" would really like you to post this on SC soccer. One last note on the Clover Lancaster game.

I did not attend the game but my wife was one of the first people down on the field after the Clover player got hurt. When my wife arrived on the field, the Clover girl could not feel her neck or move her back. It was a scarey scene for everyone. What happened next is the untold story. My wife and the Clover coaches prayed adamantly for feeling to return to the little girls neck and back. Many tears were shed. A doctor, who no one really knew, (from the Lancaster side) came down to the field and offered much support. He even came to the hospital to attend to the player. During the evaluation process he was the one who communicated with my wife and others about the status of the injured Clover player. As the ambulance drove away the girls from the Clover team joined together in prayer on the field. Within minutes feeling returned to the Clover player. By the time she reached the hospital she was nearly healed. I don't know for sure, but I think there was something amazing that came out of this situation. The Clover family wants to thank all those who prayed for their player. We think her recovery is a miracle.

Thanks.

Brace
Brace
Thanks for sharing and great to hear how both sides came together in a matter of what is truy important, the safety and well being of all. There is also a great story about the strength of prayer in the book Heaven is for Real.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
There it is. Do away with high school soccer. Mixing casual players with club. Shortage of experienced coaches and refs.
Not enough full sized soccer fields. Cats sleeping with dogs. Its a wonder its made it this long. next is football. Can't have Byrnes experienced players playing against under sized Mann. Dangerous. Also basketball. Hate to watch 5'6" guy drive against the 6'4" player. Dangerous.Definitely have to do away with lacrosse; they have sticks. Cross country has to go because its not fair to run against someone with longer legs.Don't get me started with wrestling. So that leaves baseball and beauty pageants. So go to school, do your homework and join a club. All is well.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Ohhh Patriot.

Are you STILL upset that we did not let you drive to or from Richmond?

Maybe at High School soccer games we can all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Ok...but your daughter, as your describing, doesn't sound like the average senior. 18 yr olds vs 14 yr olds there should be no contest in terms of physicality. Bigger, stronger, faster on average beats smaller, weaker, slower.

I believe most girls complete their growth spurt by age 14-15 (9th grade). My point was that the difference in size is not necessarily determined by age or grade. I coached a U18 girls team this past fall and there was a large variance in size of players on my team as well as the teams we played against. I'd estimate that the heights of the eight seniors on our high school team range from 5'2" to 5'9". Both our tallest and shortest players are juniors.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Ohhh Patriot.

Are you STILL upset that we did not let you drive to or from Richmond?

Maybe at High School soccer games we can all hold hands and sing Kum Ba Ya.

There again. Casual drivers and club drivers. Who is more dangerous

Last edited by patriot; 04/08/11 07:53 PM.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard