Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#145844 04/07/11 01:48 PM
K
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
How do you check to see how a card was turned into High School league? Do you contact the high school league or is it posted somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Not posted anywhere. I believe the SCHSL notifies the AD of the player's school what suspension she has to serve.

K
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
Thanks a bunch.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
So if I get a red card am I supposed to sit out next game or do we follow that rule.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I believe the length of the suspension depends on how the referee describes the reason for the ejection. Here is the ejection form to be submitted by the referee and coach/AD for all sports. The reasons for ejection that are available on the form to select are:

FIGHTING With Contact
FIGHTING No Contact
TAUNTING OR BAITING
OBSCENE GESTURES
PROFANITY (Give details in box below; include EXACT words used)
TWO UNSPORTSMANLIKE FOULS
FLAGRANT FOUL
DISRESPECTFULLY ADDRESSING OR CONTACTING AN OFFICIAL (Give details in box below; give EXACT words used)

I believe the length of suspension depends on which reason is used and the corresponding description.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Unsportsmanlike acts that take place at the site of an interscholastic contest are League matters. All
ejections must be reported by the school to the League office by noon of the following day. The
League shall discipline violators of the following items:
1. An athlete who is ejected for using abusive language, flagrantly or maliciously contacting
another person, making obscene gestures to opponents or spectators, shall be ineligible
for a minimum of the next contest to the maximum of one year depending on the
seriousness of the violation.
Any attempt to verbally abuse, make obscene gesture to, threaten or strike an official or
member of the opposing coaching staff, shall be considered a serious violation making the
athlete ineligible for a minimum of the next two contests to the maximum of one year. Any
action that warrants a maximum penalty will also require that the school be placed on
immediate probation in that sport. The League Office will review any other action(s) that
result in an ejection with the possibility of additional penalties.
NOTE: Ejections that subject a player to next game(s) suspension will result in a minimum of two (2) games for all sports except football, cheer, swim and lacrosse. NOTE: Any ejection that warrants games(s) suspension will require the removal of the
athlete’s eligibility until the suspension has been served at the level of the ejection.
2. Any athlete who leaves the bench area to become involved in a fracas will be disqualified
from that game and will be subject to a minimum of a next game suspension depending on
his or her involvement. A school whose athletes violate this bench policy will be subject to
League discipline.
3. An athlete who is ejected for the second time in the same sport will have his or her athletic
eligibility removed for a minimum of two weeks. An athlete who has been ejected from three
contests during a school year (all sports) shall become ineligible for the remainder of the
school year. Game officials must report all player ejections so that the League Office can
officially notify the school of each violation. When an athlete is ejected for the second time in
the same sport, the school is required to immediately begin the above prescribed penalty.
4. Any post game unsportsmanlike activities that involves athletes, coaches and/or other school
personnel while at the playing area.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Is it the honor system. For example if a player gets a red card that requires a one game suspension and plays in the next game because the opponent is not aware. Too bad or...

C
Coach
Coach
C
Coach P...clean out your PM box...you're not allowed any more messages! Mr. Peabody is too popular!

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Mr. Peabody's eraser is always broken. Try it now.

goal
goal
Our coach was told by someone at the SCHSL in the last month that a red card is a minimum 2-game suspension, no matter what the reason; including reasons not covered by Coach P's list (which is the same as the ejection form).

I can only assume the form was created by a football coach; not every scenario for a red card is given, and there is no "other" box.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard