Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
brace
brace
B
We have a helluva young striker in Joe Rossi. He just won't play for us. Same, by the way, for people like Brede Hangeland (born in Houston) and numerous others.
Truth is, our national team system is so inbred, it's doomed to failure. The same people pick the same kids from the same stupid lists, over and over and over. Then, we don't exhibit any particular patience in training the right kids -- we just keep looking for the next (first) great American international star.
We have several VERY highly publicized kids in our state, only some of whom deserve the rep that has been conferred upon them by the national soccer intelligentsia.
We honor potential and reputation ... not fulfillment.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

We have a helluva young striker in Joe Rossi. He just won't play for us. Same, by the way, for people like Brede Hangeland (born in Houston) and numerous others.
Truth is, our national team system is so inbred, it's doomed to failure. The same people pick the same kids from the same stupid lists, over and over and over. Then, we don't exhibit any particular patience in training the right kids -- we just keep looking for the next (first) great American international star.
We have several VERY highly publicized kids in our state, only some of whom deserve the rep that has been conferred upon them by the national soccer intelligentsia.

Excellent post! I couldn't agree with you more. There is no reason a nation of 300+ million cannot beat Guatemala (14 million). No way! We have to embrace more Latinos into the "American" game in order to truly progress.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

I agree the american sistem of soccer = FAIL
Quote:

Excellent post! I couldn't agree with you more. There is no reason a nation of 300+ million cannot beat Guatemala (14 million). No way! We have to embrace more Latinos into the "American" game in order to truly progress.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Quote:

Well, what do you expect?

The Us soccer system is an epic fail, in the Us there are several talented players its just that the system fails to recognize them. Take a look at mexico for instance ,Right now they have more young prospects than ever. Just look at players like Javier Hernandez he is only 22 and he is one of the best strikers of the moment. Oviously the work of a well planed youth system in mexico. WHEN IS THE US GOING TO DO THAT?

meanwhile mexico's soccer is gonna stay the best in concacaf......

How are you going to say that Mexico is going to stay the best in Concacaf when they haven't outright won it for World Cup qualifying in at least the past 2 cycles.

Well tell me is there any other american player better than CHICHARITO in the WHOLE HISTORY OF US SOCCER.... no. Thank you

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Us soccer system is an epic fail, in the Us there are several talented players its just that the system fails to recognize them. Take a look at mexico for instance ,Right now they have more young prospects than ever. Just look at players like Javier Hernandez he is only 22 and he is one of the best strikers of the moment. Oviously the work of a well planed youth system in mexico. WHEN IS THE US GOING TO DO THAT?

How are you going to say that Mexico is going to stay the best in Concacaf when they haven't outright won it for World Cup qualifying in at least the past 2 cycles.

Well tell me is there any other american player better than CHICHARITO in the WHOLE HISTORY OF US SOCCER.... no. Thank you

That has no relevance upon a TEAM sport. I guess thats why Mexico has been 2nd tier to the USA for quite awhile these days!!!

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

?? No one here is arguing how good Chicharito is. And name someone in US Soccer who is better than chicharito? maybe not better but Donovan is incredibly close. You also can't win the CONCACAF with one good player either. I think youth soccer in the US has become too political over the years, IMHO.

G'd up from the feet up
B
brace
brace
B
In player identification, we're more concerned with the name on the back of the shirt than the player inside the shirt.

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Quote:

In player identification, we're more concerned with the name on the back of the shirt than the player inside the shirt.

And, if their parents or guardians can fund the coaches or clubs.

kick off
kick off
Well look at it this way, Mexico has many many more young prospects on the WORLD STAGE!! than the US , that can only mean that the mexican system is better. And if mexico hasnt done so well in the concacaf wc qualifiers in the past, just wait..... but now lets talk about club soccer, which teams ALWAYS lose the concacaf champions league , thats right THE MLS TEAMS .... so there we go, you cant argue with me about that...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

?? No one here is arguing how good Chicharito is. And name someone in US Soccer who is better than chicharito? maybe not better but Donovan is incredibly close. You also can't win the CONCACAF with one good player either. I think youth soccer in the US has become too political over the years, IMHO.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Well look at it this way, Mexico has many many more young prospects on the WORLD STAGE!! than the US , that can only mean that the mexican system is better. And if mexico hasnt done so well in the concacaf wc qualifiers in the past, just wait..... but now lets talk about club soccer, which teams ALWAYS lose the concacaf champions league , thats right THE MLS TEAMS .... so there we go, you cant argue with me about that...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The name of the thread is U20 MNT fails to qualify for World Cup...not whose better Mexico or US. No one is even trying to argue with you in anyway. I think ER9 is SJE on another name... or maybe not but you sure make sporadic, irrelevant posts like SJE

G'd up from the feet up
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard