Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Talon Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace

world cup
world cup
It means the United States has failed to develop a quality goal-scoring forward. In the past 25 years we have had two:

Eric Wynalda
Brian McBride

That's it.

Why do our youth soccer coaches continue to train every player like they are central midfielders? The US will not beat quality opponents with Tim Howard and 10 central midfielders.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
Quote:

It means the United States has failed to develop a quality goal-scoring forward.

Or we didn't bring the best possible team. The best U20 player in the country is Juan Agudelo, but he is already on (and scoring) for the senior team. Gatt is another player who didn't play who can score.

Failing to qualify was due to poor roster selection (which is a problem for the senior team as well, how players like Ricardo Clark not only get WC invites but WC starts is mind boggling), not talent. The young talent is the best it has ever been for the USA, and a lot of the forwards are training for professional teams.

world cup
world cup
Saw Agudelo for the Red Bulls Saturday night. He couldn't get past the mighty Union defense. Please don't put him in McBride's class untill he heads over to the EPL and knocks a few in. I liked him in the friendly against Argentina, but I still need to see more.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
I wasn't putting him in McBride's class. I'm saying we do have talented forwards. Struggling against professionals is a lot different than struggling against a U20 team. You'd expect an 18 year old to struggle at times vs pros, vs U20s they'd have a much easier time.

McBridge wasn't playing professionally until he was 22 so its unfair to both to compare them at this point, all I was saying is if he played in this tournament I would expect a different outcome.

He was the best player on the field in the Red Bulls playoff game that I saw last year, he is very, very talented.

world cup
world cup
I'll agree with you. He has a head start on McBride, still plenty of years remaining. Time will tell.

Kickoff
Kickoff

kick off
kick off
Well, what do you expect?

The Us soccer system is an epic fail, in the Us there are several talented players its just that the system fails to recognize them. Take a look at mexico for instance ,Right now they have more young prospects than ever. Just look at players like Javier Hernandez he is only 22 and he is one of the best strikers of the moment. Oviously the work of a well planed youth system in mexico. WHEN IS THE US GOING TO DO THAT?

meanwhile mexico's soccer is gonna stay the best in concacaf......

kick off
kick off
Agudelo is a very talented COLOMBIAN striker actually, He is only 18 and he is already good, but he is one of the good young prospects in the US attack. And he is not anywhere near European Football and i dont think he'll ever be!!! he is just another Freddy adu!!

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Well, what do you expect?

The Us soccer system is an epic fail, in the Us there are several talented players its just that the system fails to recognize them. Take a look at mexico for instance ,Right now they have more young prospects than ever. Just look at players like Javier Hernandez he is only 22 and he is one of the best strikers of the moment. Oviously the work of a well planed youth system in mexico. WHEN IS THE US GOING TO DO THAT?

meanwhile mexico's soccer is gonna stay the best in concacaf......

How are you going to say that Mexico is going to stay the best in Concacaf when they haven't outright won it for World Cup qualifying in at least the past 2 cycles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard