Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#14614 03/04/04 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a little different: Rankings statewide (combined classifications and with some reasons and no consideration of scrimmages):

1. Irmo 4-1(even though they didnt look good v. Dutch fork or TL Hanna they have played strongest schedule yet.)
2. Northwestern 3-1(Beat Bishop England, played Irmo close, but barely beat weak Chapin team)
3. Socastee 5-0(played weak schedule so far, but have 25gf and 1ga in 5 games)
4. Bishop England 2-1-1(Tied Walton, only lost to Northwestern 1-0)
5. Greenville 4-1(4-1 in tough schedule so far.)
6. Spring Valley 3-1(Only loss a 0-1 to strong Socastee)
7. Dutch Fork 3-1(only loss to #1 Irmo)
8. Wando 4-1(Beat tough Greenville)
9. T.L. Hanna 2-1(Took Irmo to OT, but barely beat AC Flora)
10.South Aiken 2-1(Maybe will turn it on later, but only 1-0 win v. Richland Northeast)
Its early in season, but interesting to see how this list may change as the various teams compete against each other and in bigtime tournaments at BC, Northwestern and others.

#14615 03/04/04 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Klye already did this in the "insiders" section! Pay the $10 I think it was and you can see the "other" rankings. Similar to the State newspaper's acc/sec football and Bball rankings!!!!!

Here is mine for the giggles!

1. Irmo
2. Northwestern
3. BE
4. South Aiken( only if all the players are there
5. Ridge View
6. Greenville
7. Socastee ( they could move up quickly)
8. Riverside
9. Dutch Fork ( they have an All American)
10. Spring Valley

#14616 03/04/04 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My dear friend, Shearer:
Where is the insiders section?? Can you loan me 10 bucks to join?? Two questions to you-
1)I heard rumor that Rhodes does not want his Aiken Fire boys to play any high school?? 2) How can you put RV at 5 when they have played no one and and tied weak lexington team?

I need a Brown Ale..........

#14617 03/04/04 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4soccer, the "Barely beating" AC Flora was a conditioning issue. We were tired out from playing Irmo the night before and we had a few injuries. But then we went and beat Chapin 4-1 later in the afternoon. That being said I still think you gave us an accurate ranking for the games we've played. It remains to be seen if we prove ourselves against Dorman, JL Mann, and Dutch Fork in the next two weeks but I think we will.

#14618 03/04/04 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4Soccer I thought you worked at a fortune 500 company. Pay the ten bucks!! The insiders section is the first link on the message board page!

I can rank Ridge View 5th b/c you can count on one thing: THEY PLAY HARD/Intense/ NASTY every time out! That is 60% of HS soccer!!!! Plus it is the View baby gotta back my boys!!!

The fire guys are playing HS when it does not conflict with fire games. But in all honesty why would you miss a game vs Clemson/Wake to play Westminister (Ga)????? Get Real! They play when they want to. The HS coach is a bit out of his league! Justin can want all he wants but the PLAYERS WANT to play HS from what I am told!

I got your Brown Ale!

#14619 03/04/04 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure I will pay for you . Tell you what I will just cut and paste it on this post and that way it won't have to be insiders any more. We could just call it outsiders Forum!!!!

RV is/can be that good. Just remember you heard it here first!

#14620 03/04/04 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do wish RV well during the season. You have a tough schedule-2 times v. Spring valley, 2 times v. Northwestern,as well as v. Dutch Fork, South Aiken, Hilton Head, Christ Church.

#14621 03/05/04 09:06 PM
Goal
Goal
I believe Ridge View will be in the thick of things from the Midlands along with Spring Valley in the upstate and Irmo/Dutch Fork in the lower state. It looks like a very good year for Columbia soccer as Dreher, B-C, AC Flora, Chapin, and Cardinal Newman should also do pretty good.

#14622 03/06/04 01:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4Soccer-it angers me that you say Chapin is weak this year. They may be young, but they are far from weak. It is still early in the season, and I think you will find that you are quite mistaken.

#14623 03/06/04 05:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'd have to watch the games to beable to label teams as being weak. Lexington has had some tough matches, but most of their games have been close. The loss to Hilton Head was after 2 late goals scored in the last 5 min which broke the tie, the tie to Ridgeview was a good game, the loss to the Georgia team came because they were unfortunate enough to have to play 3 games in one day when the Georgia team had been rested since noon that day, the loss to Dreher came after an awful call in the box which gave Dreher the upper hand with 5 min left to play, and the loss to Dutch Fork was jsut a battle. At one time Lexington even led both Ridgeview and Dutch Fork early in the games. Ridgeview is a strong team and so is Dutch Fork, but you can't base a ranking on a tie to a "weak" team if you haven't seen them play.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard