Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#14614 03/04/04 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a little different: Rankings statewide (combined classifications and with some reasons and no consideration of scrimmages):

1. Irmo 4-1(even though they didnt look good v. Dutch fork or TL Hanna they have played strongest schedule yet.)
2. Northwestern 3-1(Beat Bishop England, played Irmo close, but barely beat weak Chapin team)
3. Socastee 5-0(played weak schedule so far, but have 25gf and 1ga in 5 games)
4. Bishop England 2-1-1(Tied Walton, only lost to Northwestern 1-0)
5. Greenville 4-1(4-1 in tough schedule so far.)
6. Spring Valley 3-1(Only loss a 0-1 to strong Socastee)
7. Dutch Fork 3-1(only loss to #1 Irmo)
8. Wando 4-1(Beat tough Greenville)
9. T.L. Hanna 2-1(Took Irmo to OT, but barely beat AC Flora)
10.South Aiken 2-1(Maybe will turn it on later, but only 1-0 win v. Richland Northeast)
Its early in season, but interesting to see how this list may change as the various teams compete against each other and in bigtime tournaments at BC, Northwestern and others.

#14615 03/04/04 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Klye already did this in the "insiders" section! Pay the $10 I think it was and you can see the "other" rankings. Similar to the State newspaper's acc/sec football and Bball rankings!!!!!

Here is mine for the giggles!

1. Irmo
2. Northwestern
3. BE
4. South Aiken( only if all the players are there
5. Ridge View
6. Greenville
7. Socastee ( they could move up quickly)
8. Riverside
9. Dutch Fork ( they have an All American)
10. Spring Valley

#14616 03/04/04 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My dear friend, Shearer:
Where is the insiders section?? Can you loan me 10 bucks to join?? Two questions to you-
1)I heard rumor that Rhodes does not want his Aiken Fire boys to play any high school?? 2) How can you put RV at 5 when they have played no one and and tied weak lexington team?

I need a Brown Ale..........

#14617 03/04/04 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4soccer, the "Barely beating" AC Flora was a conditioning issue. We were tired out from playing Irmo the night before and we had a few injuries. But then we went and beat Chapin 4-1 later in the afternoon. That being said I still think you gave us an accurate ranking for the games we've played. It remains to be seen if we prove ourselves against Dorman, JL Mann, and Dutch Fork in the next two weeks but I think we will.

#14618 03/04/04 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4Soccer I thought you worked at a fortune 500 company. Pay the ten bucks!! The insiders section is the first link on the message board page!

I can rank Ridge View 5th b/c you can count on one thing: THEY PLAY HARD/Intense/ NASTY every time out! That is 60% of HS soccer!!!! Plus it is the View baby gotta back my boys!!!

The fire guys are playing HS when it does not conflict with fire games. But in all honesty why would you miss a game vs Clemson/Wake to play Westminister (Ga)????? Get Real! They play when they want to. The HS coach is a bit out of his league! Justin can want all he wants but the PLAYERS WANT to play HS from what I am told!

I got your Brown Ale!

#14619 03/04/04 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure I will pay for you . Tell you what I will just cut and paste it on this post and that way it won't have to be insiders any more. We could just call it outsiders Forum!!!!

RV is/can be that good. Just remember you heard it here first!

#14620 03/04/04 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do wish RV well during the season. You have a tough schedule-2 times v. Spring valley, 2 times v. Northwestern,as well as v. Dutch Fork, South Aiken, Hilton Head, Christ Church.

#14621 03/05/04 09:06 PM
Goal
Goal
I believe Ridge View will be in the thick of things from the Midlands along with Spring Valley in the upstate and Irmo/Dutch Fork in the lower state. It looks like a very good year for Columbia soccer as Dreher, B-C, AC Flora, Chapin, and Cardinal Newman should also do pretty good.

#14622 03/06/04 01:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4Soccer-it angers me that you say Chapin is weak this year. They may be young, but they are far from weak. It is still early in the season, and I think you will find that you are quite mistaken.

#14623 03/06/04 05:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'd have to watch the games to beable to label teams as being weak. Lexington has had some tough matches, but most of their games have been close. The loss to Hilton Head was after 2 late goals scored in the last 5 min which broke the tie, the tie to Ridgeview was a good game, the loss to the Georgia team came because they were unfortunate enough to have to play 3 games in one day when the Georgia team had been rested since noon that day, the loss to Dreher came after an awful call in the box which gave Dreher the upper hand with 5 min left to play, and the loss to Dutch Fork was jsut a battle. At one time Lexington even led both Ridgeview and Dutch Fork early in the games. Ridgeview is a strong team and so is Dutch Fork, but you can't base a ranking on a tie to a "weak" team if you haven't seen them play.

#14624 03/06/04 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sokerfan02, what you say is very true-you cannot judge a team until you have watched them play several games.

#14625 03/11/04 01:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK time for another week's rankings statewide:
1.Irmo ( Just cause they were there last week. almost lost their #1 ranking because of weak schedule)
2.Socastee (just cause they are undefeated, but played weak teams; almost fell in rankings)
3.Dutch Fork (Beat Spring Valley, only loss is to Irmo)
4. South Aiken (big jump, but they played and beat quality teams)
5. Greenville (probably best team in state at end of season, but could not move up with loss to Daniel)
6. Wando (beat weak teams, like Irmo, but a win v. Greenville makes up for a lot)
7. Northwestern (only loss to Irmo, but did not beat Spartanburg badly)
8. Daniel (big win v. Greenville)
9. Bishop England (big drop cause they did not kill a weak Cardinal Newman team)
10. Spring Valley (Has 2 losses v. tough schedule; only lost to #2 Socastee 1-0.)

#14626 03/11/04 03:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying that TL Hanna, Dutch Fork, and Northwestern are weak teams? I know that you may be referring to just last week, but Irmo has beaten every SC team they have faced, and the three aforementioned teams are among the best in the state, of which Irmo has beaten.

#14627 03/11/04 03:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of all of the teams mentioned, Irmo has the toughest schedule hands down. Dutch Fork also plays a very tought schedule. Looking at Socastee's schedule, they should not have a problem with any of those teams, their schedule is very weak.

#14628 03/11/04 04:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, there are defintely not weak, and Irmo kept their #1 ranking. I was only saying that Irmo had a weak schedule last week and others moved up in rankings with tougher schedule..

#14629 03/11/04 04:06 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Why is Cardinal Newman considered a weak team?

I saw the second half of the BE-CN game, BE did very well on set plays, I think 3 of the 4 goals were scored off of them but moving the ball around the field was not as pretty as in the past.
CN field is really small does not let any one move around on it.
I guess the question is why is CN a weak team?
thanks

#14630 03/11/04 08:26 PM
Z
throw in
throw in
Z
yea, why do you think cardinal newman is considered a weak team?

#14631 03/11/04 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my opinion....but CN only beat RE(a very weak team) 1-0 in a scrimmage. Who else did they scrimmage? Not much else right now to go on, but maybe you will win some games and become an average to good team.

#14632 03/12/04 12:23 AM
Z
throw in
throw in
Z
we were missing quite a few starters, especially in the midfield, as they were still playing basketball

#14633 03/12/04 06:22 PM
Z
throw in
throw in
Z
South Aiken only beat RNE 1-0 to. Why are they ranked 4th. Don't get me wrong CN is not the strongest team but we can compete with big schools and not get destroyed.

#14634 03/12/04 06:29 PM
Brace
Brace
yes, but I believe that South Aiken was without their Aiken Fire kids (five of them). That would severely impact their team and is probably the reason for the close result. I know CN is in Columbia, but where? Who are your best players and where do they play club?

#14635 03/31/04 02:36 PM
coach
coach
OK......added Daniel only after Bishop England lost 2 in a row..New statewide rankings:

1) Dutch Fork (tough schedule in state; wins the big games)
2) Greenville (toughest schedule of all)
3) Irmo (Needs to win more big games to move back up)
4) Wando (good team, but weak schedule)
5) Socastee (very weak schedule, but undefeated)
6) Eastside (wins v. Greenville, Mann, Christ Church)
7) South Aiken (Can't score goals; needs to beat Aiken to move up)
8) Hillcrest (undefeated)
9) Daniel (undefeated, but weak schedule)
10) Aiken (big win v. Irmo; needs to beat S. Aiken to move up)

#14636 04/04/04 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's Daniel? The three teams ranked highest in the NSCAA Region rankings aren't the three best teams in the state? There's no reason to put any team that has a good record behind a team it has beaten, even if their schedule is weak. Nice try at the rankings, but no. Here's what I think:

1) Socastee
2) Wando
3) Aiken
4) Daniel
5) Dutch Fork
6) Irmo
7) Riverside
8) Greenville
9) Myrtle Beach
10)Bishop England

#14637 04/05/04 12:10 AM
Brace
Brace
simple remedy methinks - play games and get results! don't gripe if you don't play!

#14638 04/05/04 03:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea im going with 2004 striker.....dutch fork should be #1 bc they have a pretty tough schedule and they do win their big games. Socastee shouldnt be number one bc they have played 1 number ranked team and that was SV. The rest of their schedule isnt that hard at all. And last but not least irmo is a good team, but when i watched them play aiken, they looked like they didnt come to play, and when i watched them play DF they just couldnt put anything away.

#14639 04/06/04 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tigerfuzz, how in the world can socastee be first? myrtle beach is 9th? mb will beat socastee when they play them. kyle is the only person socastee has, and when mb does beat socastee, you WILL see how bad your top 10 is, as with everyone else who has not put mb ahead of socastee. who, that is good, has socastee played? name 3, and do not repeat. there is the point.

#14640 04/06/04 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think greenville and danile should be in the top 3..i also agree with BuaffaloBob, that we will be beat Socastee..but they are top 10 worthy

#14641 04/06/04 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha

#14642 04/06/04 05:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha

#14643 04/06/04 06:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about Fort Mill I'd say they deserve to be in the top ten

#14644 04/07/04 01:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um...chapin beat dutch Fork...and if BE is up there Pinewood Prep should also be up there.

#14645 04/16/04 01:29 PM
coach
coach
Rankings:
1) Irmo - good record & tough schedule
2) Greenville - toughest schedule in state
3) South Aiken - strong schedule, best keeper-only 5 goals allowed in 13 games.
4) Wando - good record and only allowed 6 goals in 17 games, but weak schedule
5) Socastee - tough defense, yet has not played quality in-state teams
6) Ridge View - 2nd toughest schedule
7) Eastside - tough schedule & has beaten Greenville 2 of 3 games.
8) Northwestern - tough schedule, needs to beat RV to move up.
9) Riverside - good defense, made it to final in Palmetto Cup.
10)Daniel - most over-rated team, only quality win was over Greenville

#14646 04/16/04 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Wando
2. South Aiken
3. Riverside
4. Irmo
5. Summerville
6. Hilton Head
7. Socastee
8. Emerald
9. Northwestern
10.Daniel and or Eastside or Dreher or Ridge View

#14647 04/16/04 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker and Shearer: didn't Aiken beat both S. Aiken and Irmo? Why aren't they included in your top 10? Also Shearer, I have played Emerald this year, and seen them play other games, and unless they drastically improved in the last 8 weeks, I can't imagine them being ranked ahead of Northwestern or Ridge View, or even in the top ten for that matter. They are a very strong 2A team, but do you think they could even beat any of the four teams you have in the #10 spot? I wouldn't bet on it.

#14648 04/16/04 02:55 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Shearer, are you sure that Wando should be at #1? They are like Socastee, and have a weak schedule. They won't really play anyone until the playoffs. I don't disagree that they are a top 5 team. And I see that you left Aiken off of the top 10, any reason for this? I am not an Aiken fan, but they deserve to be up there. Here is the list that I would have....

1) Irmo
2) Wando
3) Aiken
4) Riverside
5) Summerville
6) Hilton Head
7) South Aiken
8) BE
9) Dutch Fork
10) Daniel

The only reason that I put Irmo on top is because they have really stepped it up lately, and I just don't believe that there is a team that can stop them right now. If they played Aiken now, I would say that they would beat them 3-1. But then again, everyone can have a bad game every now and then. Hopefully Irmo had that bad game for the year against Aiken.

#14649 04/16/04 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all have valid points. I put Emerald in there b/c the have won 11 staright and deserve some credit. They man-handled Greenwood last night who is leading their respective region.

Aiken is hoe hum. If the play they should be inthe top ten. BUT Dreher jumped up and bit them the other night.

I give Wando the edge here due to the number of upper classmen they have. Irmo is a GREAT team BUT lack of QUALITY upper classmen will hurt them come playoff time.Another reason I like Emerald. I might be wrong there but all those teams after 5 could swap out.

Riverside could very well be the best team in SC! The main thing that bothers me about them is their finishing abilities.

Just my humble opinion.

#14650 04/16/04 03:27 PM
coach
coach
Aiken has not played enough games; only half as many as other teams. Loss to Dreher hurt them in rankings. They need to win out to be considered a top team. Emerald does not play anyone at all.
Northwestern is hot now and if they win out, will be my favorite for 4 A state champ because they have so many seniors.

#14651 04/17/04 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good point. They have a "wild card" in their GK!!!!!

#14652 04/16/04 07:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They need to win out to be considered a top team"

Ha. Not sure what all you fags have against Aiken, but we've done enough already to prove we're a "top team". That's fine, though. No one expected anything from us last year either.

#14653 04/16/04 07:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noone expected anything from Aiken last year and again they failed to make it to the state finals. Aiken is a team that always has the talent to get far in the playoffs but never finishes strong enough to be considered a powerhouse.

#14654 04/16/04 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Noone expected anything from Aiken last year and again they failed to make it to the state finals"

No one expected anything from Aiken last year and(in the playoffs) we won at home against Ridge View, at Mauldin, at Dorman, and lost at Northwestern in PKs. We also took Irmo into PKs in the regular season - at Irmo. We had 13 players. 4 freshmen. Lost in PKs in the state semifinals. We were ranked 14th at the beginning of the season, and I don't think we were even ranked at the end of the season. I'd say we exceeded expectations. By the way, Aiken has been a soccer "powerhouse" for at least 6 years straight now.

As for Lexington, I was really starting to gain a little respect for you guys. But since you want to trash Aiken, I'll make sure we all know that Lexington is a soccer nobody, and you will likely NEVER do anything in the playoffs. Your soccer program has perhaps more resources than any other program in the state, yet you still suck as bad as you do. Your team is a joke, and you have no room to talk about anyone else.

#14655 04/16/04 08:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Aiken has been a soccer powerhouse for at least 6 years straight now"

How many state titles has aiken won in the past 6 years? How many state championship appearances? Aiken is just as big of a powerhouse as Lexington or North Augusta. There is no doubt that you have talented players but in the end to be a powerhouse you have to have the rings to back it up, which you don't.

#14656 04/16/04 08:32 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Headstrong, I will take this opportunity to have some fun with you. Aiken is just like Spring Valley, they have talent, but never produce in the end. This can stem from many things….bad conditioning, inability to play like a team, and the ever present poor coaching. Since you will attempt to discredit lexsoccer by attacking their program, I will do the same to you. Aiken has one of the best club teams in the nation, yet is unable to achieve a state championship for high school soccer. Where does this stem from? It probably stems from a poor use of its resources. There is no excuse that you shouldn’t be winning every state championship the way that you portray your team. Yet unfortunately you always lose in the playoffs. This is the choking syndrome. Aiken always chokes, year in and year out. This year will be no different. You will go down in a blaze of inadequacies and shame. You can tell me that this is the most heinous post that you have ever read, and that you are horrified to have read it. Good, I will produce many more for your innocent eyes to read. As for the refuse that comes spewing out of your mouth, I can’t believe that you would talk as much crap as you do being the stat boy. You may tell us that it is a tradition at Aiken, somehow I just don’t believe you. For those of us that have played varsity soccer, I find it a joke that you would talk as much as you do. But then again, very weak minded people usually have to talk as much trash as you do to make themselves feel better about their pathetic little lives. So go on talking the trash that you do, but do so knowing that there are many of us out there laughing at you. By the way, how many state championships does Aiken boys soccer have? Just thought I'd ask.

#14657 04/16/04 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aiken is nasty...as far as the Dreher game goes they got really d*** lucky, so don't even say aiken doesn't deserve to be in the top rankings of the state. Aiken has a team of talented players and they could go all the way but we'll see when it comes down to play-offs. All these teams talkin trash about AIKEN either need to step up or shut the F up!

#14658 04/17/04 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lex, when was the last time UNC's basketball team won a national championship? How about Texas' football team? Championships mean very little in determining a program's prestige. Lexington and North Augusta are not even close to being on the same level as Aiken.

soccerboy -

"Aiken is just like Spring Valley, they have talent, but never produce in the end"

Are you blind, or just stupid? We had one of the hardest roads in the playoffs, and we lost in PKs in the semifinals. I'd call that production. That was last year. If you're trying to say that anything short of a state title is meaningless, then I won't bother arguing.

"Aiken has one of the best club teams in the nation, yet is unable to achieve a state championship for high school soccer. Where does this stem from? It probably stems from a poor use of its resources"

Stupid it is. Kids on Fire are from all around the area. Atlanta, Columbia, North Augusta, etc. There are only 3 players from the Fire on Aiken High's roster, and only 4 or 5 on South Aiken's. Both of those teams were ranked in the top 5 this week. That "poor use of its resources" comment holds no water.

"There is no excuse that you shouldn’t be winning every state championship the way that you portray your team"

?

I'm a fan, genius. It's my job to promote my team. That's what fans do. Try posting when you're sober.

"Yet unfortunately you always lose in the playoffs"

Do you know how many teams "always lose in the playoffs"? To maintain the label of "powerhouse", you have to beat teams that you should beat on a consistent basis, and win some games you shouldn't somewhere in there. Do that for a few years, and you're gonna be considered a powerhouse by anyone who knows what they're talking about. There's a difference between powerhouses and dynasties.

"Aiken always chokes, year in and year out. This year will be no different. You will go down in a blaze of inadequacies and shame"

Do you even think while typing, or do you just not care? Choking is losing when you're supposed to win when it matters most. Last year in the playoffs, we won 3 games that we were favored to lose, and almost gave NW their first loss of the season at their place. I think you might be the only person on the face of the planet who would call that "choking".

"You can tell me that this is the most heinous post that you have ever read, and that you are horrified to have read it"

Heinous? I'd say no. Horrifying? Yes, but probably for different reasons than you're thinking.

"I can’t believe that you would talk as much crap as you do being the stat boy"

Why? Is someone gonna beat me up?

"very weak minded people usually have to talk as much trash as you do to make themselves feel better about their pathetic little lives"

If I'm weakminded, then great. But it's a lot better than being closeminded. And I think you know who I'm referring to.

As for the state championships, I have no idea. Could be 0, could be 15.

#14659 04/18/04 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you going to let one person from Lexington change the respect you have for Lexington as a whole? Does it mean that all of Lexington thinks Aiken sucks?.. Aiken is quite possibly the best team in the state this year. I'm not the biggest fan of Aiken.. but you look at the games played and its not hard to tell who's the better teams. Why worry what someone says when their school is unranked? (compared to your #2 ranking) Is there anyone on the messageboard you haven't talked garbage with?

#14660 04/18/04 07:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha, probably not.

Lexington's one of the few teams I'm alright with(this year at least), but I'm not about to let some fag trash Aiken for no reason. You'd do the same if you were in my shoes.

By the way, there was a real tight team brawl after the playoff-deciding Aiken/SA baseball game tonight. Of course, Aiken won the game and the fight. You heard it here first.

#14661 04/20/04 01:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Shearer, atleast someone is giving RV some freaking respect, about time.

#14662 04/20/04 04:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings don't matter. Playoffs matter. Win or go home.

#14663 04/20/04 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone always trash Aiken?? Give them some credit...Lexington we have beaten you 5 or 6 times in a row so untill you get on Aiken's level..get off there nuts..and you got lucky beating the drunk/hung over T-Breds last year on a Saturday morning...

#14664 04/20/04 09:29 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
DMB, I think if you look at most of the posts, Aiken is given credit. They are a good team, and they are ranked such. The reason that so many people rip on Aiken is bacause they do it to irritate the Aiken fans that get on here and go crazy. Just let the team play it out, and we shall all see exactly how good, or bad, they are.

#14665 04/20/04 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I'm sure the only reason that half the people on here haven't given AIken the credit they deserve is simply because they want to **** off a few people that they've never met. Good reasoning. You are perhaps the most closeminded, illhumored fag I've ever met.

#14666 04/20/04 10:18 PM
coach
coach
Its not that people hate Aiken. Its a nice town. Aiken's loss to Dreher should have dropped them 3, 4 spots. Also, Northwestern would beat Aiken easily.

#14667 04/20/04 11:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker I'd like to say that we'd beat them, but it would be a real good match that could go either way. We had an excellent playoff game last year I believe..

#14668 04/21/04 12:22 AM
coach
coach
trojan,
why did Aiken only schedule 15 games and no tournaments, when Irmo, Northwestern and others will have played 21-24 by playoffs? I would think the more games the better prepared you would be.

#14669 04/21/04 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
striker, I'm glad you think so. And as for the schedule, our AD doesn't give a rat's ass about soccer, and I'm sure not having a coach for as long as we didn't have one had an impact as well.

#14670 04/22/04 01:52 PM
coach
coach
Statewide Rankings
1.) Northwestern - will end season at 20-3 v. strong schedule, veteran team, its their year.
2.)Irmo - mixture of youth and older players has produced a good, not great team. Next year is their year.
3.)Wando - have not played tough schedule, but have 17 game win streak and allowed 6 goals in 18 games
4.)Eastside - tough schedule, beat Greenville 2 of 3, but need to play hard every game.
5.)Hillcrest - tough schedule, appears to be finishing season strong.
6.)Riverside - average schedule- only lost to Norman 2-0.
7.)South Aiken - tough schedule,only allowed 7 goals in 16 games, needs to beat Aiken
8.)Dutch Fork - tough schedule, bad loss to Sumter, needs to win out
9.) Socastee - only allowed 9 goals in 18 games, but weak schedule keeps them from higher ranking
10.)Greenville - tough schedule, 2 losses to Eastside

#14671 04/22/04 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Wando
2. Irmo
3. Riverside
4. Northwestern
5. Summerville
6. Aiken
7. South Aiken
8. Socastee
9. Hillcrest
10.Dutch Fork

#14672 04/22/04 02:13 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Shearer:
1. Wando
2. Irmo
3. Riverside
4. Northwestern
5. Summerville
6. Aiken
7. South Aiken
8. Socastee
9. Hillcrest
10.Dutch Fork

I like the Wando progam..but I'm just a bit curious why you put them #1..when looking at their schedule they haven't really tested themselves.. 107 goals ..to 6.. an opponent win/loss record of 139-187..again I like Wando and all..I'm just curious about your rankings.. shed some Shearer wisdom onto thee.

#14673 04/22/04 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. BIG Backline with a really good SR GK.

2. Dynamic players in the midfield with Natle(sp) and Costanza(sp).

3. David Newton can control a match which allows Natle and Costanzo to "free" up.

4. Wando always has a tough team in the play-offs. Their challenge is to over come a new coach into the play-offs.

5. Look at the past 4A Champions in the past few years and one thing will be the same.....SR leadership and a solid Defense with an exceptional GK. Wando has this. Plus the come out of the Lower State. Irmo is the only side that can match talent for talent with Wando!

Hope this helps. Have you seen them play? How would your top ten go?

#14674 04/22/04 02:49 PM
coach
coach
Shearer My misguided friend,
What about Wando's very weak schedule? Any good players can perform great moves and shut down weak competition.

#14675 04/22/04 10:31 PM
M
throw in
throw in
M
Its my impression that if Wando played a few ranked teams then they might have 1 or 2 loses on the record. Granted, Wando is a outstanding team, I just believe their record could change a bit if some ranked opponents were involved during the season.

#14676 04/23/04 02:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker, Irmo has already beaten NW 4-2 this year...NW's 2 goals were on 2 pks.........

I dont believe they should be ranked ahead of Irmo. Wando on the other hand is a strong team this year. Them ranked first is believable, but nevertheless only playoffs will determine...

#14677 04/23/04 03:29 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Shearer:
1. BIG Backline with a really good SR GK.

2. Dynamic players in the midfield with Natle(sp) and Costanza(sp).

3. David Newton can control a match which allows Natle and Costanzo to "free" up.

4. Wando always has a tough team in the play-offs. Their challenge is to over come a new coach into the play-offs.

5. Look at the past 4A Champions in the past few years and one thing will be the same.....SR leadership and a solid Defense with an exceptional GK. Wando has this. Plus the come out of the Lower State. Irmo is the only side that can match talent for talent with Wando!

Hope this helps. Have you seen them play? How would your top ten go?

Those sound like pretty good reasons..

I'd really like to see Wando do well (their match with Irmo..I think two years ago was amazing)..

And no..I haven't seen them yet this year. It's quite a drive from Lugoff to Charleston.

I've only managed to see Irmo, Lexington, Norman North, and Riverside this year..(I've been a bit busy having a horrible senior year..)

I'm definitely excited about catching some playoff matches..maybe I'll see you around..coffee?..Krispy Kreme?..Waffle House? We could be best buds man.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard