Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Are these rankings calculated by someone who even works in HS soccer anymore?

If not, then they just aren't very valid. I recommend you apply with FAWGs of the Spring to be on the panel. We already have one Former Ram

Puttin A's on B's
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
I'm confused, TugJobber, who is the other Former Ram?

The rankings are real, or REAL DEAL, I should say...

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Holy crap!

THAT'S KURT WARNER!

THE GREATEST FORMER RAM OF THEM ALL!

CONDUCTOR OF THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF (ya ya, the Greatest show on turf)? NFL MVP (ya ya, NFL MVP)? ARENA LEAGUE MVP (ya ya, Arena League MVP)? VAUNTED PHILANTHROPIST (ya ya, vaunted philanthropist)?

YOU'RE KILLIN ME SMALLS!

Forget it. Don't even apply.

Last edited by TugJobber; 04/12/11 01:00 PM.

Puttin A's on B's
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
I realized that a random picture attached to your post is of former NFL quarterback, Kurt Warner, who once played for the Rams, but how do "we" already have "him"?

By posting a picture of any player that once played for a team with a "Ram" mascot, could I then deduce that "we already have a "Former Ram" and then somehow expect to segue from that point to somehow explaining that you have just nullified the opinions of another human?

No, I couldn't, and sadly, neither can you.

Some of my students type in all caps to make a point and I try to stress to them that such childish antics only make their audience realize the inadequacies of their ability to effectively communicate a thought.

But I am impressed with what you know about Kurt Warner, although I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a greater "Former Ram" than Marshall Faulk.

L
Goal
Goal
L
each year brings out a "gone mad" (thinks they r a comedian) poster or 2 that posts on and on and on
don't know why but it just seems to happens

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Some of my students type in all caps to make a point and I try to stress to them that such childish antics only make their audience realize the inadequacies of their ability to effectively communicate a thought.

^^^ This coming from a guy who posts a thread with the topic like - REAL DEAL TOP 10 - probably to just seek attention from a group of people he's long left behind for reasons known only to himself.

Honestly, jokes, internet pictures of former and great athletes (Marshall Faulk doesn't have the same character as Kurt) movie (awesome movie btw) quotes, caps-lock Nazism, and subsequent hypocritical "elitest" level teacher speak to try and mask the inadequacies of your own character or sense of humor aside, do you even have anything to do with HS soccer anymore? Second time I'm asking.

Puttin A's on B's
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
TJ,

Sorry. I stepped down from the Westside Girls team at the end of last season. Does that mean that after a decade in the game that I am now disconnected, no, but I'm not sure what your question is trying to prove?

I will include the stats used to rank the teams, because I think you would find stats (as most people do) more interesting than just a list of teams.

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Former Ram,

Was your previous connection to Westside the reason T.L. Hanna is ranked so high in your "real deal" rankings??

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
There is several teams; because of weak conferences; that are going to have nice records at the end of the year but have no clue how good they are because they are not being tested. I 'm sure even Wando would love some stiffer competition during the season. So we can rank all we want but its never settled to end of playoffs.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Actually, my Anderson connection wasn't entirely the reason. Hanna tied Mauldin, then lost in pks (who is one of the top teams in the state year in year out), and given their recent string of results, including a win over previously 4th ranked Wren, Hanna SEEMS to be peaking at this point. Their results against non-region opponents in the weeks to come will tell.

I am going to include the stats used in the rankings so that they can be evaluated more introspectively.

Since TugJobber pointed out that the rankings can seem like a sham with nothing to back them up, what statistics do you think would be the most valid in determining the TOP 10?

Opponents Winning %
Goals For vs Goals Against
# of Wins by 3+ Goals
Wins vs Ranked Opponents
Record vs Ranked Opponents
Recent results
Recent results vs Ranked Opponents

I will try to include this info. for all 10 teams, and I think the result will open up some more insightful responses.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard