Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Northwestern overall and the 2009 NATIONAL champions is the best team in SC history.

Really misused term. National Champions of the 10 or so states that play now, which powerhouse states like Florida, Texas, and California don't.

FYI - At least 13 states play boys spring soccer.

Victory Starts Here!
B
throw in
throw in
B
TSO obviously you don't know much about it because if you did you would know that big states like that aren't that good, first because all players are spread out, and second of all a lot of them don't play because they don't take it serious, it's not as serious as we take it here in South Carolina.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I think Greenville has won 3 state championships this decade and Eastside has won it once and been in it twice. Not bad in a crowded 3A.

It is very impressive that NW and Irmo consistently make it to the state finals but I feel as if it because there aren't as many elite teams in 4A. In 3A there is always a crowded top with Eastside, Greenville, Riverside, Mann, Daniel, BC, MB. Now they may not all be as good as NW or Irmo but all these teams are forced to battle for the shot at the title game. Makes it more difficult to consistently make it there.

brace
brace
True, but you also got to admit that the stars of the NHS team that were "National Champions" were also the core of the U18 team that also won the actual National Championship that year too. Yes they had some great non NHS players on that team but the star was ENZO and his NHS teammates were key players on that team (pretty sure there were more NHS players on that team than any other 1 school).

No doubt over last 10 years NHS has been the top boys school program in SC, Irmo was a clear second.

Last edited by The Chief; 04/14/11 10:41 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

TSO obviously you don't know much about it because if you did you would know that big states like that aren't that good, first because all players are spread out, and second of all a lot of them don't play because they don't take it serious, it's not as serious as we take it here in South Carolina.

Hahaha are you kidding me!!?? California, Texas, and Florida have the most talent BECAUSE they're big states! They have more variety of players and more competition to win they're state.

Don't believe me? Check these Top 100 National Players and add up all the players from California and compare how many there are compared to South Carolina.
http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/players-to-watch/players-to-watch-top-100/men

Now looking at all this talent from other states you don't think that there just might be some team out there that is possibly better than Northwestern? Do you honestly think they deserve the title as NATIONWIDE CHAMPIONS?? I think they deserve to be in the top ten at best.. But not #1

Last edited by SJE Soccer Pro; 04/14/11 11:26 PM.
bench
bench
Is there anywhere online that has video of the 2005 South Aiken team?

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted.
B
throw in
throw in
B
SJE: YESSSSS, players there are much better, not disagreeing with you BUT team NO, NHS 2009 had Enzo Martinez UNC, Robbie Benson CofC, Shawn Ferguson CofC, Zack Clark LU, Clayton Gladden CofC, Alex Martinez HPU, Dennis Moore WC, Ricky Garbanzo CCU, all those went D1 and of course Ricky is on his way, Jermey Dobbins Lander, Cody Parks could of gone to Limestone, and Ryan Foster didn't wanna play soccer in college but could have if he wanted to, not good enough?1?

corner kick
corner kick
Barca could you ride NW's **** any harder?!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
J
bench
bench
J
Quote:

Quote:

Northwestern overall and the 2009 NATIONAL champions is the best team in SC history.

Really misused term. National Champions of the 10 or so states that play now, which powerhouse states like Florida, Texas, and California don't.

You'd still have to consider NW to be up there against teams from those powerhouse states. A good portion of that same NW team also won the U18 USYS National Championship with Discoveries. Something has to be said about that accomplishment when looking at top teams. They accomplished it at a club level, why not at the high school level?

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

SJE: YESSSSS, players there are much better, not disagreeing with you BUT team NO, NHS 2009 had Enzo Martinez UNC, Robbie Benson CofC, Shawn Ferguson CofC, Zack Clark LU, Clayton Gladden CofC, Alex Martinez HPU, Dennis Moore WC, Ricky Garbanzo CCU, all those went D1 and of course Ricky is on his way, Jermey Dobbins Lander, Cody Parks could of gone to Limestone, and Ryan Foster didn't wanna play soccer in college but could have if he wanted to, not good enough?1?

My point is yes they had a lot of talent as a team Barca. But let's face it.. you know Ricky, Enzo, Alex, Dennise all of them because they're from YOUR school and state. Do you know any players from California? Texas? No, so do you think people from California know about Ricky? About Enzo? I'm not even sure they know about Northwestern! And like I said ealier yes I think in 2009 they should at best be in the top ten nationally but we should never assume that they are #1 in the nation and that they are nationwide champions. You have to remember that year that Northwestern went undeafeted they didn't play any out-of-state team. Almost the whole same team won U18 USYS National Championship, and for that they were in the top ten for me but not until we get a nationwide playoff bracket for high school soccer, we should not just easily say that Northwestern was the best soccer team in the WHOLE United States.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard