Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#14654 04/16/04 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Noone expected anything from Aiken last year and again they failed to make it to the state finals"

No one expected anything from Aiken last year and(in the playoffs) we won at home against Ridge View, at Mauldin, at Dorman, and lost at Northwestern in PKs. We also took Irmo into PKs in the regular season - at Irmo. We had 13 players. 4 freshmen. Lost in PKs in the state semifinals. We were ranked 14th at the beginning of the season, and I don't think we were even ranked at the end of the season. I'd say we exceeded expectations. By the way, Aiken has been a soccer "powerhouse" for at least 6 years straight now.

As for Lexington, I was really starting to gain a little respect for you guys. But since you want to trash Aiken, I'll make sure we all know that Lexington is a soccer nobody, and you will likely NEVER do anything in the playoffs. Your soccer program has perhaps more resources than any other program in the state, yet you still suck as bad as you do. Your team is a joke, and you have no room to talk about anyone else.

#14655 04/16/04 08:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Aiken has been a soccer powerhouse for at least 6 years straight now"

How many state titles has aiken won in the past 6 years? How many state championship appearances? Aiken is just as big of a powerhouse as Lexington or North Augusta. There is no doubt that you have talented players but in the end to be a powerhouse you have to have the rings to back it up, which you don't.

#14656 04/16/04 08:32 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Headstrong, I will take this opportunity to have some fun with you. Aiken is just like Spring Valley, they have talent, but never produce in the end. This can stem from many things….bad conditioning, inability to play like a team, and the ever present poor coaching. Since you will attempt to discredit lexsoccer by attacking their program, I will do the same to you. Aiken has one of the best club teams in the nation, yet is unable to achieve a state championship for high school soccer. Where does this stem from? It probably stems from a poor use of its resources. There is no excuse that you shouldn’t be winning every state championship the way that you portray your team. Yet unfortunately you always lose in the playoffs. This is the choking syndrome. Aiken always chokes, year in and year out. This year will be no different. You will go down in a blaze of inadequacies and shame. You can tell me that this is the most heinous post that you have ever read, and that you are horrified to have read it. Good, I will produce many more for your innocent eyes to read. As for the refuse that comes spewing out of your mouth, I can’t believe that you would talk as much crap as you do being the stat boy. You may tell us that it is a tradition at Aiken, somehow I just don’t believe you. For those of us that have played varsity soccer, I find it a joke that you would talk as much as you do. But then again, very weak minded people usually have to talk as much trash as you do to make themselves feel better about their pathetic little lives. So go on talking the trash that you do, but do so knowing that there are many of us out there laughing at you. By the way, how many state championships does Aiken boys soccer have? Just thought I'd ask.

#14657 04/16/04 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aiken is nasty...as far as the Dreher game goes they got really d*** lucky, so don't even say aiken doesn't deserve to be in the top rankings of the state. Aiken has a team of talented players and they could go all the way but we'll see when it comes down to play-offs. All these teams talkin trash about AIKEN either need to step up or shut the F up!

#14658 04/17/04 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lex, when was the last time UNC's basketball team won a national championship? How about Texas' football team? Championships mean very little in determining a program's prestige. Lexington and North Augusta are not even close to being on the same level as Aiken.

soccerboy -

"Aiken is just like Spring Valley, they have talent, but never produce in the end"

Are you blind, or just stupid? We had one of the hardest roads in the playoffs, and we lost in PKs in the semifinals. I'd call that production. That was last year. If you're trying to say that anything short of a state title is meaningless, then I won't bother arguing.

"Aiken has one of the best club teams in the nation, yet is unable to achieve a state championship for high school soccer. Where does this stem from? It probably stems from a poor use of its resources"

Stupid it is. Kids on Fire are from all around the area. Atlanta, Columbia, North Augusta, etc. There are only 3 players from the Fire on Aiken High's roster, and only 4 or 5 on South Aiken's. Both of those teams were ranked in the top 5 this week. That "poor use of its resources" comment holds no water.

"There is no excuse that you shouldn’t be winning every state championship the way that you portray your team"

?

I'm a fan, genius. It's my job to promote my team. That's what fans do. Try posting when you're sober.

"Yet unfortunately you always lose in the playoffs"

Do you know how many teams "always lose in the playoffs"? To maintain the label of "powerhouse", you have to beat teams that you should beat on a consistent basis, and win some games you shouldn't somewhere in there. Do that for a few years, and you're gonna be considered a powerhouse by anyone who knows what they're talking about. There's a difference between powerhouses and dynasties.

"Aiken always chokes, year in and year out. This year will be no different. You will go down in a blaze of inadequacies and shame"

Do you even think while typing, or do you just not care? Choking is losing when you're supposed to win when it matters most. Last year in the playoffs, we won 3 games that we were favored to lose, and almost gave NW their first loss of the season at their place. I think you might be the only person on the face of the planet who would call that "choking".

"You can tell me that this is the most heinous post that you have ever read, and that you are horrified to have read it"

Heinous? I'd say no. Horrifying? Yes, but probably for different reasons than you're thinking.

"I can’t believe that you would talk as much crap as you do being the stat boy"

Why? Is someone gonna beat me up?

"very weak minded people usually have to talk as much trash as you do to make themselves feel better about their pathetic little lives"

If I'm weakminded, then great. But it's a lot better than being closeminded. And I think you know who I'm referring to.

As for the state championships, I have no idea. Could be 0, could be 15.

#14659 04/18/04 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you going to let one person from Lexington change the respect you have for Lexington as a whole? Does it mean that all of Lexington thinks Aiken sucks?.. Aiken is quite possibly the best team in the state this year. I'm not the biggest fan of Aiken.. but you look at the games played and its not hard to tell who's the better teams. Why worry what someone says when their school is unranked? (compared to your #2 ranking) Is there anyone on the messageboard you haven't talked garbage with?

#14660 04/18/04 07:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha, probably not.

Lexington's one of the few teams I'm alright with(this year at least), but I'm not about to let some fag trash Aiken for no reason. You'd do the same if you were in my shoes.

By the way, there was a real tight team brawl after the playoff-deciding Aiken/SA baseball game tonight. Of course, Aiken won the game and the fight. You heard it here first.

#14661 04/20/04 01:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Shearer, atleast someone is giving RV some freaking respect, about time.

#14662 04/20/04 04:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings don't matter. Playoffs matter. Win or go home.

#14663 04/20/04 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone always trash Aiken?? Give them some credit...Lexington we have beaten you 5 or 6 times in a row so untill you get on Aiken's level..get off there nuts..and you got lucky beating the drunk/hung over T-Breds last year on a Saturday morning...

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard