Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#14701 03/09/04 03:52 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Christ Church beat Dorman 2-0
It was just a scrimmage but they are the team to beat in 1A. I think that they are a Top 15 3A team easily so I do not think that anyone in the lower will have ability to beat them, Maybe SCS.

The small schools no matter where they are in the state have to have their players playing soccer all year round from middle school up if they want to improve their performance in the playoffs and 1A Championship.
And the schools need to schedule teams that challenge them and not beat up on weaker ones.

This is not a bust on 1A schools but CC should not be 1A.

#14702 03/09/04 04:58 PM
Brace
Brace
I have not checked our schedule to see if it is updated yet but we have scheduled a game at Christ Church March 19 at 8pm. We are coming up from Charleston and playing them and JL Mann (March 20 @ noon). The Christ Church game will be fun as I know they are a quality side (so is Mann) and it could be something to watch for in the future b/c Magnet drops to 1A next year.

#14703 03/10/04 05:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Hamil, is Creger back for the spring season?

#14704 03/10/04 05:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our new Coach is a coo fellow. He's been at Blackville for a few years, so we all knew him prior to the season. Oh, and I'm Blackville's goalkeeper. Are you still in school, Kurgan?

#14705 03/09/04 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's still way to early in the season to say how the governor's school stacks up in 1A, but I must say our team has come off to a pretty solid start with some pretty good results on some solid respectable teams in 3A. We only lost to West Florence 1-2 in a scrimmage, and we beat Camden last week 2-1. We've picked up some pretty strong juniors this year. Anyway, We play @ Wilson High next Monday which should be a good matchup and test for us.

#14706 03/10/04 02:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
count, ididnt know if you were implying that Christ church has an easy schedule to beat up on easy teams or not, but if you were check our schedule again. You will find eastside, greenville, riverside, mann,Hilton Head, Ridge View, we had BE and they dropped. PLus many other hard games.

#14707 03/10/04 03:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's just say we(SCS) played Christ Church tonight and all of this 1A talk is a bunch of crap because there's not a team in 1A this year that can beat them. Maybe a slight chance next year but until Tomek is gone there's not a chance. I play for SCS and I think we're the 2nd best 1A team in the state and they waxed us. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Riverside, Greenville, and Eastside. Gotta give em' props they're good.

#14708 03/10/04 01:43 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
No I was not refering to CC.
They have a great schedule. Other average schools in 1A have just played terrible teams in 1A and 2A and even 4A and ended up with a very good record like W-E did a couple of years ago. They were 15-2 or something like that then got spanked in the Championship like Buford did last year.

The point was a Coach should gauge the skill of his/her team and should not schedule teams that are to easy or excessively hard to play. This is fairly easy because 2A and 1A practically does not have a region system. I think traveling would be a main issue though.

PS It looks like noone is going to challenge CC this year
CC-8 SCS-0

#14709 03/10/04 01:44 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
No I was not refering to CC.
They have a great schedule. Other average schools in 1A have just played terrible teams in 1A and 2A and even 4A and ended up with a very good record like W-E did a couple of years ago. They were 15-2 or something like that then got spanked in the Championship like Buford did last year.

The point was a Coach should gauge the skill of his/her team and should not schedule teams that are to easy or excessively hard to play. This is fairly easy because 2A and 1A practically does not have a region system. I think traveling would be a main issue though.

PS It looks like noone is going to challenge CC this year
CC-8 SCS-0

#14710 03/10/04 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naw, g'Fruit.. I have been out for a while. But, I am a Hawk to the bone and follow you all heart and soul. I saw your saves against B'well. That was a cheap goal that they scored. Really nothing that you could do about it.

Your coach was there before?? Why did he not coach last year?? Is he just a football guy filling a slot or is he the real deal?? I am just curious because you guys could do real well if you had some direction.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard