Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
brace
OP Offline
brace
I'm back ladies and gentlemen after a brief bender period. I attempted to kill myself I must confess. When I heard the preliminary news that Raul Miereles would win the PFA fan player of the year award I drowned my sorrows in a mixture of liquids ranging from the colors clear, brown, and yellow and not necessarily in any order.

As for the Cup the Championship match will take place in a few minutes here with Cardinal Newman taking on Lexington in what is sure to be a highly contested match.

Cardinal Newman is entering today as having the tougher road. Lexington has coasted through to the finals, dismantling everyone in their way. CN has had to work for their dinner and work they have. They've had a tremendous weekend and are currently on a 17 match unbeaten streak and this could be their second tournament championship in two weeks! Quite an accomplishment at any level.

Hot N Ready - 5 Minutes or less.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Guess I'll have to ride your coat tails on this one, cause we all no I am no ESPN, I'm more like an am station, but i'll try to keep up.

brace
OP Offline
brace
The whistle blows and we kick off this championship match. There's been a comment heard from the stands about Cardinal Newman that I found amusing. Apparently there was a big deal about how Nestor Jaramillo wound up at the private Catholic school. I'm not doing it justice but it goes something like this

"that guy makes more deals to buy players than Liverpool and Real Madrid."

Great stuff here at The Cage! I'm intrigued to see how each side plays, particularly CN. They've had tough games all the way through. They have an outstanding keeper in Cunningham who will need to be weary of Lexington's attack. Lexington's keeper on the other hand seems a bit shaky at times.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
so, the match has begun, Lexington in all white with CN wearing the black-white-maroon kit and attacking the west end of the Cage.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
HALA MADRID!!!! CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS!!! STAY TUNED!! CHAMPIONS LEAGUE UP NEXT!!!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Shot Nestor that sails wide here in the 4th minute. At the other end Sammy Andrews with a counter break that is broke up well by the CN defense. Hopefully end to end action here at The Cage!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
For now, CN giving the attack. Will be interesting to see how their legs hold out.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
and Lexington will strike first with a bomb into the bck of the net for a 1-0 lead here int he 8th'

brace
OP Offline
brace
6th minute sees the first strike and it was a thunderbolt! Rustin McCallister buries it home off a throw-in! What a wonderful take there. The guy has played outstanding this tournament after bagging a hattrick this morning. Already the golden boot winner, he has given his team the lead.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
This surely isnt the first time CN has given up the early goal, they seem to always keep their cool and battle back. What will we see here this afternoon?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard