Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
brace
OP Offline
brace
I'm back ladies and gentlemen after a brief bender period. I attempted to kill myself I must confess. When I heard the preliminary news that Raul Miereles would win the PFA fan player of the year award I drowned my sorrows in a mixture of liquids ranging from the colors clear, brown, and yellow and not necessarily in any order.

As for the Cup the Championship match will take place in a few minutes here with Cardinal Newman taking on Lexington in what is sure to be a highly contested match.

Cardinal Newman is entering today as having the tougher road. Lexington has coasted through to the finals, dismantling everyone in their way. CN has had to work for their dinner and work they have. They've had a tremendous weekend and are currently on a 17 match unbeaten streak and this could be their second tournament championship in two weeks! Quite an accomplishment at any level.

Hot N Ready - 5 Minutes or less.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Guess I'll have to ride your coat tails on this one, cause we all no I am no ESPN, I'm more like an am station, but i'll try to keep up.

brace
OP Offline
brace
The whistle blows and we kick off this championship match. There's been a comment heard from the stands about Cardinal Newman that I found amusing. Apparently there was a big deal about how Nestor Jaramillo wound up at the private Catholic school. I'm not doing it justice but it goes something like this

"that guy makes more deals to buy players than Liverpool and Real Madrid."

Great stuff here at The Cage! I'm intrigued to see how each side plays, particularly CN. They've had tough games all the way through. They have an outstanding keeper in Cunningham who will need to be weary of Lexington's attack. Lexington's keeper on the other hand seems a bit shaky at times.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
so, the match has begun, Lexington in all white with CN wearing the black-white-maroon kit and attacking the west end of the Cage.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
HALA MADRID!!!! CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS!!! STAY TUNED!! CHAMPIONS LEAGUE UP NEXT!!!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Shot Nestor that sails wide here in the 4th minute. At the other end Sammy Andrews with a counter break that is broke up well by the CN defense. Hopefully end to end action here at The Cage!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
For now, CN giving the attack. Will be interesting to see how their legs hold out.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
and Lexington will strike first with a bomb into the bck of the net for a 1-0 lead here int he 8th'

brace
OP Offline
brace
6th minute sees the first strike and it was a thunderbolt! Rustin McCallister buries it home off a throw-in! What a wonderful take there. The guy has played outstanding this tournament after bagging a hattrick this morning. Already the golden boot winner, he has given his team the lead.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
This surely isnt the first time CN has given up the early goal, they seem to always keep their cool and battle back. What will we see here this afternoon?

brace
OP Offline
brace
McCallister again on the break and he ALMOST finds it again. He is extremely dangerous up front for Lexington! 8th minute and the score is Lexington 1 - CN 2.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
A long throw into the box for Lexington nets them a shot, weak shot, but none the less, the keeper easily scoops it up and puts the ball back in play.

brace
OP Offline
brace
All of Columbia is out here today as it seems you Carolinian yanks are just gluttons for punishment! It's hotter than Carlo Ancelotti's office chair out here today.

11th minute still 1-0 Lexington

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Now CN will have a throw deep in Lexington territory, after service into the box, we will see a corner for CN. But it will get right into the keepers hands and the quick counter will have the play back down on the CN side.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Another deep throw for the Wildcats and after a couple of touches, we see ball in net! But no, offsides will bring that one back out.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Its hotter than the bus' tire that ran over Madrid's Copa Del Rey trophy over there!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Cunningham will have to be sharp here. His team looks fatigued. They've had less rest than everyone else.

Controversy perhaps as a goal goes in for Lex but is called back for offsides! It came from a throw but the linesman has given it offsides. CN's playmakers have yet to see much of the ball because they are defending for their life right now. Millard and Nestor had their work cut out for them this morning and took a pretty good beating playing all 80 minutes. CN has to have them. In case you've been living under a rock for the past few hours, Millard's go ahead goal vs BC was ridiculous!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Missed opportunity for CN as a sweet cross on the floor of the box is left to run out the other end as 2 CN players make no move for it!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Nestor finally breaks loose in the 15th minute and places a cross that doesn't find anyone at the back post. CN will need to lay out for that if they are to tie this up. At the other end McCallister should have scored as he was all alone with only the keeper to beat but it goes wide! Really could have turned this match in Lex's favor even more.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
GOAL!!! As the Lexington striker dominates 2 CN backs with speed and blasts the shot past the keeper for another Lexington goal here in the 20th minute.

brace
OP Offline
brace
SAMMY ANDREWS MAKES IT 2-0!!!!! 20th minute! He breaks loose and blows by the defense like he stole something! Wow! Electric pace and great class finish to put Lex up in the Championship game.

It's now 2-0 Lexington.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Lexington may find themselves three ahead here as they size up a free kick outside the box but Frieburger puts it RIGHT AT THE KEEPER!

brace
OP Offline
brace
If you don't know, the Championship match was moved up. I was very inconvenienced by this as I had to pay her to leave quickly and finish my breakfast to get here on time. CN has to have all athletics played by 5 PM in observance of Catholic Holy Thursday or something. My favorite Luther, Martin, would not have agreed with this but here we are at 3:30 playing a Championship. It really seems as the tough sun and battles CN has gone through this week are taking its toll. 25th minute - 2:0 Lexington.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
The 4 tough matches for the Cardinals, including one just ending 3 1/2 hours ago, seems to be taking its toal! To many of the players are looking slugish, with the exception of one Koty Millard, who still looks fresh, full of speed.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Corner CN! Let's go Cards! I need to be entertained and a 5-0 Championship is not what I wanted to see.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Sammy Andrews is faster than 3 Kenyans being chased by a Tiger during the Boston Marathon. This guy looked to play Frieburger in behind the CN defense, Frieburger didn't fancy a run so he ran onto it from 20 yards and beat the CN defense to the punch but didn't come up with the play

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
wow, did that just happen?

brace
OP Offline
brace
Oh my 3-0! A blunder by CN in the back as Cunningham comes to take a cross, bobbles, and the result was the back of the net. This game looks to be getting out of hand at the moment. Shame really. CN has had a tougher week than Lexington but there is a long way to go here. If they have real guts about them, they can still make something of this game

30 minutes played

Lexington - 3
CN - 0

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Seems the Cardinals have been plagued, not by locust, but by goals!

brace
OP Offline
brace
More controversy as a foul is called as Lexington slots home a 4th. Protests from the Lexington bench here. What was the foul? Was the referee trying to keep this close? There was no foul from this point of view. McCallister simply headed past Cunningham. The protest earns Lexington's coach a yellow but he's right in this case. I'd have blown my load as well.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Looks like these Catholic boys will pay the big man for playing on this of holy days!

brace
OP Offline
brace
33rd Minute and the score is 3-0 in favor of Lexington. Rustin McCallister also earns a caution as here lets the referee hear it! Rustin has been on fire this tournament with 8 goals to his name (should be 9) and he'll be looking for more as CN is being embarrassed right now.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Oh goodness! Time for some confessions, as the Cardinlas get struck by lightning again!

brace
OP Offline
brace
37th minute here and Lex have a free kick from 40 out. HOLY LORD FRIEBURGER WITH A LEFT FOOTED BOMB!!!!! GOAL!

36th minute

Lexington 4
CN 0

OH MY! What a hammer! Keep the clock running because this dinner is served.

brace
OP Offline
brace
They'll be about 23435 hail Mary's this evening as even a good altar-boy ticklefest couldn't bring relief to this. 39th minute

Lex 4
CN 0

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
The official cant blow the whistle fast enough for Cardinla Newman! They need a break from the lashing they are getting!

brace
OP Offline
brace
CN lines up a free kick but the Lex keeper collects. The half will almost come to an end here as this should be an interesting spiel at halftime from the CN staff. Maybe I can get a Fergie earpiece to listen in?

BUT OH MY OSASU AGHEWEI MAKES THE SCORE 5-0 BEFORE THE HALF!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
OH LORD! Somebody call the Pope! Another goal at the 40th minute! There is no prayer will stop this pain!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Wow, unbelievable half for both teams! Who would have thought that this would be the way this game is going down! Unbelievable, shocking, blasthemy!

brace
OP Offline
brace
God is truly merciful on this Holiest of Weeks. The halftime whistle blows for CN with the score 5-0 for Lexington.

Satire and commentary aside, you can't fault CN's fatigue. They literally played a really tough 4th match in 4 days a few hours ago. It's tough on any team, even one as skilled as CN

brace
OP Offline
brace
Somebody call the airport and get my G6 ready. This may truly get more lopsided here. Where there's a Will, there's a way though and I hear this loud chap for CN's name is Will. He'll need to dust his hat off and press on because his team are LUCKY to only be down 5-0 at half.

As for more halftime musings - Did anybody see that underachieving very average squad from Arsenal give a half hearted effort yesterday? Miserable. Arsene Wenger may want to invest in a Maginot Line strategy in the recent future because his defensive strategy is worse than that bum who thought Belgium could stand alone.

brace
OP Offline
brace
2nd half action and I can't even type as fast as Lexington can score. Cunningham has to brace himself and make a reflex and the rebound is over the bar. Lex wants to demoralize this CN side it seems. They have the gas peddle on the floor here.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Halftime prayers and God has listened! The Card's net one here in the second half, just 3 minutes into the action!

Last edited by CRAZIE; 04/21/11 08:32 PM.
brace
OP Offline
brace
Ok here we go! CN gets one back as Kyle Maitland puts one in! This may give them some spirit. Maybe CN's coach sprinkled some Holy Water on them at half time. On this Easter week they may be resurrected for the next 40 minutes!!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
The score is now 5-1 in favor of Lexington with 35 minutes left in the match

brace
OP Offline
brace
Playing for pride at the moment. Koty Millard, though, has not stopped running. HOW?!!! If you yanks have more like him in your lineup, you might be able to be ahead of countries that can't even afford things like running water or civil rights.

brace
OP Offline
brace
In the 49th minute CN's Nick Pavolich is cautioned for a hard challenge from behind!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Lex almost bangs in a 6th and it clangs the top of the bar!

52nd minute and the score is still 5 - 1 favor of Lexington.

Millard at the other end, who will sleep probably better than anyone else tonight even without the aid of liquid sedatives, he is gassed but you wouldn't know it. He charges ahead at the back line of Lexington but the attack is snuffed out and he puts his hands to his knees in exasperation.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Finally seeing signs of vulneralbility in Koty as he makes another incredible run down the field with the ball, turns it around, plays it away, then puts his hands on knees! This kid is human, not a machine!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Ok...this is amusing to me. An offsides restart from CN sees them hit their target, one of their defenders, in the back of the head! He falls to the ground in an umpf that sparked an outburst of laughter from Sammy Andrews. Corner to Lexington but nothing comes of it.

Strange but amusing.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I bet when Koty takes off that uniform he has a Superman one on under it! Just took on the whole back line for Lexington and still managed to get off a shot!

brace
OP Offline
brace
At the hour mark with the score Lexington 5 - Cardinal Newman 1

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
so 20 minutes into the 2nd period and no goals for Lexington. CN still continues to put on the pressure but not getting close enough to really threaten the Wildcat keeper.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Which one of these guys is that Nestor kid? Besides Koty, doesnt seem to be anyone out there for the Cardinals that stands out.

brace
OP Offline
brace
CN trying to scramble for a second here as Cleary rips one way high over the bar.

65th minute

brace
OP Offline
brace
Lex almost with a 6th. It was almost a Lex Steele 6 banger but the chance goes wide. Rustin almost added to his great goalscoring record.

brace
OP Offline
brace
OH MY WHAT A HIT BY THE 8th GRADER KIROL!!!!! 5-2 CN!!!! HE HIT AN ABSOLUTE FIRECRACKER THAT WAS DIPPING, DIVING, JUKING, AND JIVING!!!!

70th minute with CN 2 - Lex 5

What a strike as CN tries to mount a very late and unreal comeback.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
WOW, can the Cardinals have a prayer answered? Another great goal for CN cuts the lead to 3 with 10' to play!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Kirol almost had another one! Goodness! The Lexington keeper makes the play this time as we enter single digits in the final of the Palmetto Cup! Well I'll say the CN has had a good account of themselves this half. They have not quit by any means. This will pay off huge later in the year.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I understand the bad timing part of the tournament this year, but if you haven't been here you have missed some goal scoring! Like a clinic out here!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Entering 5 minutes left to play the score is still Lexington 5 and CN 2 but barely. CN just missed a great chance to put in a 3rd.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
A loss today for the Cardinals might be a good thing, as no one wants to ride a huge win streak into the playoffs, thats just asking for a huge upset! With less than a month of soccer left in the season, this will let the guys get a fresh start! But regardless, a fine showing in this tournament for Cardinal Newman, each game a battle, usually from behind, those boys dont know the meaning of quit. To make it to the finals of the Palmetto Cup speaks for itself. To make it through a group that includes Norman North and Wando, is worthy of greatness!

brace
OP Offline
brace
As the final whistle blows Lexington celebrates in jubilation as they win the Palmetto Cup in extraordinary fashion blowing out their competition and going 4-0 this week!

They've had a great tournament and Rustin McCallister is our tournament MVP!

Congrats to both teams this week and it's time for me to get back across the pond for the Prem this weekend. You can catch me online for the Premiership casts on ESPNSOCCERNET.COM

Until next time you bloody yanks! Cheers!

goal kick
goal kick
where are all the Lex haters now.....hmm SJE? you still out there

G'd up from the feet up
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Just got in from the tournamnet. I expected more from CN, what a disappointment. But that #4 can kill a ball and a cn fan said he wuz an 8th grader. WTH? There was a good crowd in the stands but the field sux. Lex looked pretty good especially 8 and 21. They could do work in the playoffs.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I know lexington is a great squad and I acknowledge that they played a better game today, but I would like to see them come out of the same bracket as CN and still play like they did

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

where are all the Lex haters now.....hmm SJE? you still out there

Haha Just like Real Madrid.. Be happy you got that trophy cause that might be the only one ya'll get.. We'll see in the playoffs who chokes.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

They've had a great tournament and Rustin McCallister is our tournament MVP!

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal
Goal

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Really Bernie? Im glad SA makes their way up to Lexington soon so we dont have to hear from you for a while. Too bad you couldnt win anything with them last year. Might have even messed up how well the South did in the N-S game if you showed. Blake did well in case you didnt know.

goal kick
goal kick
'dam' mike..didn't exepct that from a former teammate but think what you want. lucky you guys weren't in 4A last year to get trashed. and yeah your boys from SA didn't fare well tonight either.

Last edited by shirtless bernie; 04/27/11 02:05 AM.

G'd up from the feet up
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Oh Brain, the things you dont know are amazing. Good thing everyone knew SA could only lose to Irmo, NW, and maybe Wando in 4A last year. Mann prolly could have beat Irmo on a good day. But surely Lexington would be able to keep up

S
bench
bench
S
I heard Lexington's #10 didn't play against CN in the tournament. Why not? Though it does make them stronger for being able to win without him. He's a beast!

Feel the Sting!
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Samuel_Eto'o = #10

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard