Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
brace
OP Offline
brace
Ok here we are at the end of the year! Anyone gonna make any predications for the JV end of season? Gonna be busy for some players, get games in and then get to prom!!

Good Luck!

Last edited by The Chief; 04/29/11 04:55 AM.
world cup
world cup
Most JV teams are loaded with 7th and 8th graders, and a few 9th graders here and there.

What prom are these kids going to?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
A
kick off
kick off
A
Has a schedule been posted? Parents would like to know where to be when? Thanks

bench
bench

brace
OP Offline
brace
You are right, I should have said for "some" players instead of a lot. While most may have middle schoolers as you know ours has none and I think a few are going to have to get back Sat. Not to mention those who have older siblings (and I know we have at least one mom who is gonna have to go from game to prom prep in a hurry)and BFFs they want to get back and see off to prom.

Last edited by The Chief; 04/29/11 05:50 AM.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Gilbert Women lost in a heartbreaking 3-2 to Lugoff Elgin (Varsity) team in the final. It was a great game but a little disappointing that L-E felt the need to play their varsity girls in a JV tournament. (Gilbert played the real L-E JV team the first game, and L-E had a few varsity players, but Gilbert won 4-0.) Guess after have a losing season for the L-E JV and Varsity (neither won any games)that the L-E coaches felt it was a way to boost the moral for their girls, so they called up the varsity for the final game. Although it was legal, I have to question the morality of such, but at least we know our girls can play, and play well, against varsity level players. Looking forward to moving up next year! Maybe Lugoff Elgin should just keep their varsity on the JV level, at least they could win some more games.

bench
bench
I watched some good soccer this weekend at the Irmo tournament and must say that I was impressed with the number of teams, the officiating, and the organization of the tournament.

However, there was a "black eye" for the sport concerning a team that was full of foul-mouthed kids and a coach that seemed to embody this persona via his camouflage pants and two earrings. He even went as far as to tell one group of spectators who were in awe of what he allowed his players to get away with, "don't make this a problem" as they stared with gaping jaws at his demeanor and lack of discipline.

The players were guilty of committing four heinous fouls in the penalty area, thus four PKs (all of which were converted) and backtalking, f-bombing, the officials and one was finally red-carded. At least the players' parent called him over for a deserved scolding, but when returning to his bench (of which his teammates said "Holy $#!+, did you hear what he said?" He just turned to the opposing coach and said that HIS team was playing dirty?!?!?!?

I don't know if this kind of conduct for coaches/teams is allowed in high school football or basketball, but I find it very sad that it is tolerated by a 4A school from the Midlands that should embrace and promote sportsmanship in prep soccer. It was an ugly scene and not the first from what I learned from an apologetic parent in the parking lot.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Fort Mill had a great weekend, kept a clean sheet and won the final in a well played match with Blythewood. Sat's refs did a good job letting girls play but kept it under control. Fort Mill's (and Tourney) MVP was the keeper who after getting an already sore knee bruised again in a collision in the box in the opening min's of game 1, came back and played three great games making several great saves to perserve the shutouts. Great way to wrap up the season with great weather and a 1st place to go with the 2nd place from the preseaon event. Was fourth trip to Irmo for 10 of the 9th graders, been going since 7th grade and they now have two 1st (one in upper and lower division) and one second place (upper) as well as missing a final 1st time down on pk's as a tie breaker!

Thanks Irmo for putting on a great weekend and giving the JV players a chance compete and get recognized for their hard work.

Hey and while we are talking FM how about NaFo boys winning too! That gives Fort Mill area boys 1st places finishes in pre and post season! We just had to split it between the schools

Last edited by The Chief; 05/01/11 06:18 AM.
Brace
Brace
Where were the FM JV boys? They have had a strong season and would have been nice to see how they would have done against Wando and Irmo.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Where were the FM JV boys? They have had a strong season and would have been nice to see how they would have done against Wando and Irmo.

Why include Irmo? They got worked this weekend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard