Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
Region 4 is an upper state region. The #3, 4, and 5 seeds are having to play in the lower state playoff bracket due to the decision made to accomodate the current alignment. They would be in the upper state under a 1-16 seeding process.

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Region 3-#1 - Spartanburg/Clover
Region 2-#5 - Hillcrest/Boiling Springs

So you are saying neither #5 Spartanburg or #8 Clover will get by unranked Hillcrest or unranked Boiling Springs? Seems ranking might be off a bit and I guess they better hope to be in the other Spartanburg/Clover spot where one gets to go on

To bad we do not have a computer guru to set up a bracetology thread where everyone could post predications! Just need sponsers and big money to get it rolling!

Dorman 1, Spartanburg 0... Dorman split with BS and Hillcrest, so yea, he was saying a ranked team will probably lose to an unranked team.

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Quote:

Region 3-#1 - Spartanburg/Clover
Region 2-#5 - Hillcrest/Boiling Springs

So you are saying neither #5 Spartanburg or #8 Clover will get by unranked Hillcrest or unranked Boiling Springs? Seems ranking might be off a bit and I guess they better hope to be in the other Spartanburg/Clover spot where one gets to go on

To bad we do not have a computer guru to set up a bracetology thread where everyone could post predications! Just need sponsers and big money to get it rolling!

Dorman 1, Spartanburg 0... Dorman split with BS and Hillcrest, so yea, he was saying a ranked team will probably lose to an unranked team.

Boiling Springs 2, #15 Northwestern 1, so yea, he was saying a ranked team will probably lose to an unranked team. Rankings based on in region wins and loses are more to do with strength of regions than strength of teams.

brace
brace
Makes ya wonder why the ranking producers can't figure it out?

I
goal
goal
I
Rankings are made by people. People usually remeber past seasons etc, and that carries weight it should not. Region II, number 6 team beats another region 2, and 3, and 4 ranked teams this year. but hey, it is what it, is.

Our most dangerous forward the day of the Hillcrest game, gave blood. The school said she could not play after that. Or that game would have been different as well, big time, but hey, it is what it, is.

Sometimes things just do not work the way you would think they would or should.

brace
brace
Better hope your playoff opponents do not read this and schedule a blood mobile at the school for the day of a playoff game!

That or guys better tell her that you will give her a juice and a snack, and would be happy to take her to give blood after the season is over!

Give her credit though nice to see kids stepping up for others these days.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Region II, with Mauldin, Riverside, JL Mann, Dorman, Hillcrest, and Boiling Springs has more depth than any region in the state. Their 6th place team could win about 5 regions in the state.

Region V, with Lexington, White Knoll, South Aiken, Aiken, and North Augusta should make a case for the strongest region, 1-5, in the lower state, and the 2nd toughest region in the state overall. Unranked 4th seed South Aiken took region champ Lexington to overtime and lost 1-0. 2 teams in this region will reach the 3rd round.

Region IV, with Irmo, Blythewood, Spring Valley, Dutch Fork, and Ridge View is the conundrum, with an argument for the 2nd toughest. They could prove to be the 2nd strongest region in the state, and they are also the only region split between upper and lower state. Chances are the top 2 teams in the region don't make it past the second round, though. Tough draw, but that should drop Region IV to the 3rd strongest region.

Region III, with Clover, Spartanburg, and Northwestern probably rounds out the top 4 regions in the state. The depth drops off after the top 3 teams, but all three are worthy of a nod in the state rankings, and capable of making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

5th strongest region goes to Region VII with Wando and West Ashley, and what used to James Island.

The weakest region in the state is a toss up. Region I has TL Hanna and Wren, Region VI has West Florence and Carolina Forest, and Region VIII has Beaufort and Summerville, but there is basically nothing in each region afterwards, or at least no team that is even a 1000:1 threat of making it past the 2nd round. All 3 of these regions could possibly be swept in the 1st round, with TL Hanna being the highest ranked team that could be upset, and they are forced to play a Dorman squad they've already lost to once!

C
throw in
throw in
C
1000 to 1? I'll take that wager. I know the girls in region 1,6 & 8 can't carry the water of the girls from around the rest of the state, especially in the sanctified "up-state", but I have no problem putting something down on the girls from Summerville, JI, Beaufort, CF, WF making it out of round 2. I'll even trust Hurst to hold the money!!!

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Catsdad,

You misread my post.

"but there is basically nothing in each region afterwards"

The teams that would be 1000:1 odds of making it past round 2 would be the 3rd-4/5th place teams in regions I, VI, and VIII, which would be: Greenwood, Easley, Woodmont, Sumter, Conway, Stratford, Ashley Ridge, or Fort Dorchester. Not the teams you listed.

For any of these teams to actually do this, they would have to knock out Lexington, Irmo, Wando, Mauldin, or Riverside Like I said, 1000:1 odds. You can make out the check whenever you feel like it.

For Summerville, Beaufort, CF, James Island, or WF, the odds may be against them, but I agree that any of those teams could make it to round 3.

Last edited by Former Ram; 05/05/11 05:39 PM.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Ok Ram. I get your point. Unfortunately, my wife only gives me cash.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard