Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Bomber,
The members of last years CESA U17 girls Premier team did not pay training fees or coaches expenses for ECNL events.

The members of the 92 CESA girls team did not pay coaches expenses for ECNL events this year.

The same is true for every other girls team that played in ECNL at CESA. In addition, CESA boys teams in ASL did not pay coaches expenses.

Since you seem to know that every paying parent took care of that can you share how this was done. Was money siphoned off a classic team, a challenge team, a rec team? Or did CESA charge every member a surcharge to offset the money lost due to participation to those events? Was money diverted from tryout monies collected? Or, as has been postulated previously, did CESA get those kickbacks from hotels.

You seem to be on the inside since you know the machinations of CESA. I'm a little confused though. For someone who knows the innerworkings of the club, you sure do ask a lot of questions and speculative comments, so I'm waiting for some real clarity.

Last edited by Loc Dog; 05/05/11 05:24 PM.
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Well someone had to pay those fees.

Did they just print some money off their printing press?

Who do you think covered it?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Loc Dog, let me make one thing clear-

Anything I have posted on this board regarding CESA, I've said directly to the 2 Directors.

So my statements are based on personal experience and they should know where I stand.

Is that "clarity" enough?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Bomber,
Yes. It is crystal clear. You can't answer my question where the money comes from. Since you've had all these conversations with the two directors, you must be conversant with them. Why don't you just hit them on speed dial and ask them and then come back and give the board the answer. We'll be waiting?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
You know I could do that, but for extreme accuracy, I will let them post it.

I'm sure they read this forum, so they can just take care of it.

That way, no one can (including you) can say the information is not accurate.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Still waiting for this thread to swing back to ECNL vs. ODP comparison, but as to this last tangent... one possible source for siphoning would be the mandatory CAP fee for all this past year. Let's see, $100 per player (Premier or Challenge), conservative estimate of 100 players (don't know actual count or how many were on "scholarship"), that's $10,000 to cover the cost of the club's CAP program. My older daughter played one season of CAP, the younger none. I didn't agree with the mandatory CAP fee, but it was paid. $10,000 for CAP?

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

The Club took care of that????

Try, every other paying parent took care of that!!!

Oh good lord. It's getting overly emotional now.

The club didn't charge the ecnl players/parents. Better? From the perspective of the ecnl players/parents, the club took care of it.

There are costs related to running programs, whether club, community or high school and somehow those costs do have to be covered. It could be through revenue (dues, fees, taxes etc) or cutting some costs is another way. In fact, someone already said the HS Football covers costs of all the other sports. That doesn't seem to have anyone upset.

But if you want to start getting upset about the costs of soccer when measured in terms of what other people might pay, including every taxpayer from whom $0.01 or more might go towards soccer field maintenance etc, go for it.

But I repeat, it's getting overly emotional now.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
DeltaDog. This is for you! Your waiting has ended

ECNL over ODP any day. But I do think someone earlier had a very valid point and, in all this subsequent venom, it was probably missed.

The exposure from the ECNL showcase games has been great. But I agree with the poster that there is a real possibility and risk that the regional ECNL games will have the same attendance as an R3PL game. The only way I see it could be different is if the ECNL does a better job of letting colleges in the area know about the games.

So as the ECNL expands, I think it is taking on the risk of providing less value, real or perceived. Hopefully they recognize this and have taken steps to address it, but I have no information would lead me to believe that is or is not the case.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Still waiting for this thread to swing back to ECNL vs. ODP comparison, but as to this last tangent... one possible source for siphoning would be the mandatory CAP fee for all this past year. Let's see, $100 per player (Premier or Challenge), conservative estimate of 100 players (don't know actual count or how many were on "scholarship"), that's $10,000 to cover the cost of the club's CAP program. My older daughter played one season of CAP, the younger none. I didn't agree with the mandatory CAP fee, but it was paid. $10,000 for CAP?

Thank you Dawg, great point. As I recall, and I'm sure if I am wrong I will be corrected, CAP was a program initially offerred as an option for CESA folks.

It must not have had too many takers, so it was repackaged and FORCED on everybody. You had NO CHOICE, just take it and pay it!!!

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
I honesty don't remember how CAP was incorporated.
Anyone else recall?

Did the club fees go up $100 when CAP was added as part of the program?

or

Did we actually write a check for CAP?

or

Was it just included as part of the fees with no increase?

or

Something else?

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard