Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
It will be interesting to watch a team like Furman over the next few years as they seem to be making an effort to get SC players. I'm not 100% sure, but I think after next year (2012 graduating class) they will have 5-6 players from SC on the team.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

Here's another conclusions you could draw: SC kids have not had good enough exposure in the past to be spotted by TOP 30 ranked D-1 schools.

Wrong. The fact is that SC players are simply not good enough.

JAK you are going to think that I am picking on you, but I am not.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C

Regarding developing a #1 football recruit here, there are always outliers. But ironically, there's a kid who could have gone anywhere in the country to play and he's playing less than 90 miles from his home. He's hurting the SC player development statistics

JAK, that's my point. High School Football must be developing it's guys. I don't believe Lattimore and Clowney had to travel to Seattle to get to be top flight football players. Many SC High School football, golf, basketball, track and even lacrosse players are being recruited to "Big Time" college programs in those sports, but NOT (for the most part) soccer, especially girls soccer.

Again, the Clubs are not developing the local talent, to get to the higher level college programs. Every now and then, you will have a Blakely Mattern, a Rae Wilson, a Sarah Jacob, but those are few and far between.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
JAK, that's great. Furman is a great school. I hope those ladies help turn Furman into a power.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

Here's another conclusions you could draw: SC kids have not had good enough exposure in the past to be spotted by TOP 30 ranked D-1 schools.

Wrong. The fact is that SC players are simply not good enough.

JAK you are going to think that I am picking on you, but I am not.

SC players aren't good enough?

Last year USC lost in the SEC final and in the second round of the NCAA tourn. (after beating 19-1-1 UNCG) Kira Campbell (SC) started 7 games. Catie Moore (SC) started every game for Furman as a freshman last year. Enzo Martinez played in every game for UNC, starting 6. That team went 19-3-1 before losing in the 4th round of the tournament. Didn't SC win U-16 regionals and a U-18? national championship in the last few years?

I think I could spend all day finding more examples, but you're going to lose any credibility you have left making statements like "The fact is SC players are simply not good enough."

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Harry, Harry, do you really think I do not know about the players you just listed?

How many kids have participated in RIII PLE and the ECNL over the past 5 years? Lets throw the Academy in there too. Now do the math.

How many went to a big time college and were successful?

Maybe this will help you .. minus a handful, SC players are simply not good enough to play at the highest level.

Furman? Really?

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
CajunKid, Lattimore and Clowney are few and far between too. But we have had two real super stars in a row. If it continues, I'll call it a trend:)

RECCOS, can you PLEASE give real statistics instead of arbitrtary statements? Minus a handful, perhaps NC playes are simply not good enough to play at the highest level. Minus a handful, perhaps GA players are not good enough to play at the highest level. I don't know the numbers, which is why I'm asking for them. But without numbers, you just threw out a pretty strong insult to all but a handful of SC soccer players.

What is the definition of "handful"? 1%? 3%? 5%? What population? Premier level players? All soccer players? Players participating in R3PL and/or ECNL?

Until I see numbers and can analyze them, I have to include possibilities other than your assertion that SC players just aren't good enough:

1. Perhaps our percentages are the same as other states and this conversation is irrelevant.

2. Perhaps SC players have not had enough exposure in the past, which is one value-add from ECNL. After all, SC players have made most of the ECNL all-event teams.

Finally, off subject, "Furman? Really?"? Next we'll hear some comment like "Akron? Really?" for the boys side. You're just in the mood to insult a lot of people today

Last edited by JAK; 05/04/11 04:40 PM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
JAK, High School football in South Carolina has been regularly turning out "Big Time" football players for many, many years. I knew I should not use Clowney and Lattimore because someone would say they are unique. They are in the sense that they are Top 1-5 players in the nation. Now, correct me if I am wrong,but there has NEVER been a Top 1-5 in the Nation Soccer Player ever to come out of South Carolina.

Some other football players DEVELOPED here in South Carolina include- William Perry, Michael Dean Perry, Steve Fuller, Ira Hillary, Richard Jackson, JK Jay, Bennie Cunningham, Hakeem Flowers, Thomas Austin, Terence Ashe, and I could go on and on and on....

D1 Players- all and many more.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Furman Women's Soccer 2010 Record-

Overall Pct. Conf. Pct. Streak Home Away Neutral
9-8-3 .525 4-4-3 .500 Lost 2 5-4-1 4-4-2 0-0

Looks like they need the girls JAK has been talking about.

B
brace
brace
B
Just so we're all clear on this ...

From a purely developmental perspective, there's no doubt South Carolina produces more "big-time" college football, basketball and baseball prospects than it does big-time soccer prospects.

FWIW, the same can be said for California, Texas, Florida, etc.

I would hasten to pint out that, in addition to USC, schools such as CofC, Furman, Coastal, Wofford, etc., play a pretty darn good brand of college soccer, that holds up well in the so-called "big time."

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard