Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
By the way, my customer base is not related to soccer.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

If it's the "wrong" place why are you always on this board???

He didn't say it was the wrong place to be if you want to have fun.

He said it was the wrong place to be if you want to learn about SC club and HS soccer.

It's definitely the place to be if you want to be amused and confused.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I see on the CESA website that they have 19 girls committed for 2011 and 2012. Does anyone know how many girls have committed from the other big SC clubs? Seems that would be a good way to tell if ECNL pays dividends since CESA is the only ECNL club in SC.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C

"If you are trying to get a sense of what club and HS is like in SC, you have come to the WRONG place! What you'll get here are the opinions of less than a dozen people who are very happy with what soccer has provided their family and you'll get the opinions of less than a dozen people who have what I would call an unhealthy, obsessive grudge because their child quit or wasn't good enough." QUOTE FROM HARRY

Harry- you always go down the path of "the kid quit or was not good enough".

This is such a crock. CESA lost some 30 players last year off Challenge and Premier at rising U18 and a few from U17.
No, these were not- NOT GOOD ENOUGH. These players had played for many years at CESA, so all of a sudden, they are not "good enough"? Don't insult these fine ladies and their families!

Many decided to seek other options because they and their families were tired of having CESA shove it down their throats as to what they would do and how they would do it.

Quite frankly, I know a number of these folks and they were sick of the arrogance.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Quote:

Oh God, I love it.. If it's the "wrong" place why are you always on this board??? And if the family from CO wants cost info for the Club all they have to do is read you're previous posts. You're the voice of the Club. Also quit attacking families and their kids on this board.
Also quit you're lying about a handful of disgruntled parents. You had over 48 paying club members in the girls u17's with 3 teams, then when they became u18 last year you were scrambling to make it work and had 1 team with maybe 20 players, do you really think there were only a handfull of upset players and parents, if you think that you're arrogance is off the charts and you're not listening to your customer base.

I've made 137 posts since 2/25/07 (more than 4 years)
You've made 205 since 6/30/10 (less than 1 year)
Who's "always on this board"?

You certainly have one version of the 92 age group's story. Another view point might say that some players went to tryouts, went to the parent informational meeting, listened, committed, then quit. Thus making the word 'scramble' fairly appropriate but not exactly accurate. Meanwhile, the players that stayed had a successful Fall. All that wanted to play in college are committed to playing next year. They won state cup and will play in regionals. (at least those that don't break their commitment)

When did I attack families and their kids? Who have I mentioned?

They had a succesful fall? The 92's finished in 25th place of 26 teams in the ECNL B division. They didn't win a game in ECNL. Is that your definition of success? Raise the bar for yourself a little bit. If I am a college coach attending one of these events I'm not going to waste my time watching the 25th ranked team in the B division(51 out of 52 including the A division). I'm going to go watch the teams in the A division.

25. CESA Premier ECNL U18 0.33 3 9 W-0 T-3 L-6 GF-7 GA-20
GD-13

I'm familiar with the 92's. I don't know of any that was on the team that committed to the fall season, then quit. The 5 that I know that quit, quit before tryouts.

And we both post on this board, no problem with that. This is a great forum for parents to get both sides of a story. I'm sure a club director doesn't want parents on it though, it exposes to much dirty laundry.

brace
brace
You are not mistaken, sort of. Yes you did provide that number but the question asked was about ECNL fees. The statements and conservation was/were about ECNL not Premier costs. Oh and I have not seen anyone low ball ECNL costs at $1000 but if you can provide a quote I will believe it, well I have not seen $20K either so I guess a qoute will be needed to believe that one too.

Now $675 sounds good for Premier but it would cost another gizillion in gas for me so I guess thats out. (ok gizillion may be high but you get the idea) Still $675 for a whole season of Premier play?? is that everyting or are the team fees and coach fees ect..?

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

We've had Clemson, Wofford, College of Charleston, USC, USC Upstate, UNC Charlotte, Greensboro, Furman, Davidson and many other nearby schools watch the kids play at the ECNL events. We simply don't get that same level of interest at an R3PL game at MESA, even through the competition is good.

How many college coaches did you have at the ECNL league games in Atlanta and at MeSA? Probably about as many as you would have at R3PLE league games, and probably about as many as you will have at those ECNL conference league games next Fall. I'm sure the colleges you listed took in as many non-ECNL games at those tournaments where ECNL was playing as they did ECNL games.

Do you think the coaches left Florida after the ECNL event in Sanford and skipped recruiting at Disney?

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/05/11 07:45 AM.
brace
brace
Why would a coach even go to Fl, there is no ECNL there, exceopt for the ECNL events so I guess we will see a drop off in FL players signing outside of FL . Of course that may be FL's secert plan to keep all that good talent home!

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

If I am a college coach attending one of these events I'm not going to waste my time watching the 25th ranked team in the B division(51 out of 52 including the A division). I'm going to go watch the teams in the A division.

At the ECNL events associated with tournaments the CESA '92 Girls' games were attended by an average of about 20 college coaches per game, highest number attending one game about 37. (Number of college coaches attending CESA 92 Girls' ECNL league games in Atlanta... 1. At least 1 college coach at every R3PLE game this past Fall with highest one league game number 6. About 10 college coaches in attendance semi-final game SCYSA state cup. All players now committed, except one with an offer waiting a decision.)

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/05/11 08:38 AM.
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Why would a coach even go to Fl, there is no ECNL there, exceopt for the ECNL events so I guess we will see a drop off in FL players signing outside of FL . Of course that may be FL's secert plan to keep all that good talent home!

With Dallas Texans joining ECNL I guess that technically puts an ECNL club in Florida. "Dallas Texans Florida" is what was formerly the Pensacola Futbol Club. And, next Fall they are expanding to create a second geographic division in the Florida club "Dallas Texans Florida Division East".

Like the Texans couldn't find enough players in Texas, they had to create a pipeline out of Florida.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard