Print Thread
#14801 03/08/04 04:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen Northwestern play and i wasnt impressed. They may be in the top 10, but only because they play hard...they definatly dont belong at number 3

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
4ward

I was just wondering why you think that? You say that they were not impressive when you saw them. Why is that? While I disagree with your opinion, you are entitled to it. I believe they are a top 5 team in 4A and maybe in the state in all classifications. Coach Finotti is an excellent coach. The goalkeeper is one of the best keepers in the state. If you were at the NW-Irmo game last year, you would have a very hard time arguing against that point. I believe NW has given up 5 goals this year with four of those coming in one game. I could be wrong about that. They are very well organized defensively and work well together. Perhaps their weakest point is offensively where they start 2 sophs up top. Since they do not have the individual talent up front like Irmo and South Aiken, they tend to not put up as many goals as others. However, they only lost a few players from last years team that only lost 2 games all year, both in PKs. I think they deserve that top 5 ranking. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they deserve it to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think so. They lost very few players from a team that gave Irmo a run for their money last year. An excellent JV team moved up also. Coach Finotti has done an awesome job. I think they deserve to be up there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe i just saw a bad showing of northwestern, but still, some of their results have not impressed me. Like i said...they seem to be a hard-working team either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i personally wouldnt call it a run for there money...go back and look at the shots on goal for each team....denfesive wise now that might be strong but i havent seen them play this year and dont really care to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FinishNUM1-As im sure you were at the game last year, i think youll agree Irmo deserved to win, however any team that wins a game on PK's after OT can surely have been seen to "have been given a run for their money" by the other team. Regardless of the shot count.

As for the original question, are they overated? No i dont think so, they are a sterotypical top 3 4a school, Strong, quick, mentally and physically tough, very well organized, with a few key players (GK being one of them) built around a hard working unit.

Link Copied to Clipboard