Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

I see on the CESA website that they have 19 girls committed for 2011 and 2012. Does anyone know how many girls have committed from the other big SC clubs? Seems that would be a good way to tell if ECNL pays dividends since CESA is the only ECNL club in SC.

They didn't play for SC clubs, but don't forget to add in the two players from Hilton Head area, one going to play at Wake Forest and the other at Harvard. They were multiyear members of the SC '93 ODP team.

CESA girls teams for the past few years have had all or near all players graduating with committments to college programs. The question will become whether or not the percentage of committments (hard to know about offers) to D1 goes up as the members of the ECNL teams graduate. I'd say the first ECNL group out, the '92 team, has about the same mix of D1/2/3 as previous classes. Haven't looked at the actual breakdown by class.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/05/11 09:14 AM.
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

R3PL is an option if they never want to leave a four state region. ECNL is an option if they want to play in a larger geographic arena.

Through R3PL a team has the opportunity to qualify for USYSA National league that takes them outside the 4 state area. They just have to prove as a team that they're capable of playing at a national level before they are accepted to play in that league, which isn't the case with ECNL.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/05/11 09:29 AM.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

They had a succesful fall? The 92's finished in 25th place of 26 teams in the ECNL B division. They didn't win a game in ECNL. Is that your definition of success? Raise the bar for yourself a little bit. If I am a college coach attending one of these events I'm not going to waste my time watching the 25th ranked team in the B division(51 out of 52 including the A division). I'm going to go watch the teams in the A division.

25. CESA Premier ECNL U18 0.33 3 9 W-0 T-3 L-6 GF-7 GA-20
GD-13

I'm familiar with the 92's. I don't know of any that was on the team that committed to the fall season, then quit. The 5 that I know that quit, quit before tryouts.

And we both post on this board, no problem with that. This is a great forum for parents to get both sides of a story. I'm sure a club director doesn't want parents on it though, it exposes to much dirty laundry.

Yes, a successful Fall. So many times I've heard people on here complain that it's all about winning. Now, I'm suggesting that a group of kids playing competitively through the fall, committing to play next year, and winning state cup and going to regionals a successful year. Are you saying that because they didn't win more games, they weren't successful?

Yes, nothing wrong with posting on the board but I'm not the one who had a problem with people 'always on here'. I just pointed out that I'm not in the club forum nearly as much as some people whose daughters don't play club anymore.

I'm still waiting to hear which 'families and kids' I've been 'attacking'. Any help with that?

I guess that since there were several very good players on the 92s, it's a good thing that you aren't a college coach. Many thought it was a good idea to go watch them play.

I actually talked to 3 of the players that quit last year. All 3 said that they were leaving because they were not going to make the premier team. I don't have a problem with that, other than to say that they left because they weren't good enough. They had been with CESA for years and in my opinion were good players, good challenge level players. Nothing wrong with that, I just don't see how you can blame CESA for situations like that.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Still $675 for a whole season of Premier play?? is that everyting or are the team fees and coach fees ect..?

$675 was the amount that went to CESA. Other expenses were personal travel and team entry fees to FL and TX and NC events divided amongst everyone on the roster. (none of which went to the club) Coaches travel expenses were paid by the club, not the team.

brace
brace
Sounds like a decent price for that level of play (Premier). How does it compare to ECNL cost?

BTW by decent I mean good value.

Last edited by The Chief; 05/05/11 11:59 AM.
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Harry, maybe you need to poll all 30 or so who decided not to play for CESA at the U18 level.

Some went and played for another Club. One did not play Club at all and has received an offer to play in college.
So I guess she was not good enough to make that team. She has been a Premier starter for 4 years.

Of course you can't leave out all the Challenge players at that age group who left. This resulted in CESA not even fielding a U-18 Challenge team, and of course they forced this age group to play in 3 leagues. This action resulted in some leaving due to the excessive travel. Some were dissatisified with the coach and had "had enough". Some went and played for another Club, and even they received college offers.

For those that remained, who opted to choose which events they would play in or not, as instructed by CESA prior to the start of the season, when they did, they would receive an e mail from one of their coaches "blasting their lack of committment".

Yes, I guess you could call it successful, for CESA.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Harry, maybe you need to poll all 30 or so who decided not to play for CESA at the U18 level.

Some went and played for another Club. One did not play Club at all and has received an offer to play in college.
So I guess she was not good enough to make that team. She has been a Premier starter for 4 years.

Of course you can't leave out all the Challenge players at that age group who left. This resulted in CESA not even fielding a U-18 Challenge team, and of course they forced this age group to play in 3 leagues. This action resulted in some leaving due to the excessive travel. Some were dissatisified with the coach and had "had enough". Some went and played for another Club, and even they received college offers.

For those that remained, who opted to choose which events they would play in or not, as instructed by CESA prior to the start of the season, when they did, they would receive an e mail from one of their coaches "blasting their lack of committment".

Yes, I guess you could call it successful, for CESA.

Nobody said that GB wasnt' good enough to play. Nobody said that everybody that didn't play wasn't good enough. I only said that some left because they weren't good enough.

I still love the 'forced' to play in 3 leagues. Do we really have to go back and dig up all the other threads and posts where we showed the 92s playing less games in 5 months than they are playing in 3 months of high school? Is it ok if I say that the HS kids played in the preseason, the conference, the nonconference and the post season; and if I call all of those leagues, can I say that these kids are being forced to play in 4 leagues? It's such a tired argument.

I honestly don't know where some of the 92s went and what they were offered. I do know this, if you told me where their offers came from, I wouldn't belittle those schools as others on this forum have. Do you remember "where on Earth is Washington and Lee?" and "Furman? Really?" I only know of the ones I talked to. 'I know RS is not going to pick me, so I'm going to play at another club.' It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me but, it's perfectly ok. I know there are others who simply didn't play club at all because they were seniors and wanted to do other things. Girls are funny like that at 17 and 18 years old aren't they?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So..How is ODP going this year?
Things should be wrapping up with camp in July..
Was the season successful or was it business as usual?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Quote:

They had a succesful fall? The 92's finished in 25th place of 26 teams in the ECNL B division. They didn't win a game in ECNL. Is that your definition of success? Raise the bar for yourself a little bit. If I am a college coach attending one of these events I'm not going to waste my time watching the 25th ranked team in the B division(51 out of 52 including the A division). I'm going to go watch the teams in the A division.

Well since you say you don't know to much about the 92's I have to beleive you because all 5 premier players that left the CESA premier team we're begged to stay. I guess I should of recorded my phone conversations with the coach to prove you're misguided statements.
25. CESA Premier ECNL U18 0.33 3 9 W-0 T-3 L-6 GF-7 GA-20
GD-13

I'm familiar with the 92's. I don't know of any that was on the team that committed to the fall season, then quit. The 5 that I know that quit, quit before tryouts.

And we both post on this board, no problem with that. This is a great forum for parents to get both sides of a story. I'm sure a club director doesn't want parents on it though, it exposes to much dirty laundry.

Yes, a successful Fall. So many times I've heard people on here complain that it's all about winning. Now, I'm suggesting that a group of kids playing competitively through the fall, committing to play next year, and winning state cup and going to regionals a successful year. Are you saying that because they didn't win more games, they weren't successful?

Yes, nothing wrong with posting on the board but I'm not the one who had a problem with people 'always on here'. I just pointed out that I'm not in the club forum nearly as much as some people whose daughters don't play club anymore.

I'm still waiting to hear which 'families and kids' I've been 'attacking'. Any help with that?

I guess that since there were several very good players on the 92s, it's a good thing that you aren't a college coach. Many thought it was a good idea to go watch them play.

I actually talked to 3 of the players that quit last year. All 3 said that they were leaving because they were not going to make the premier team. I don't have a problem with that, other than to say that they left because they weren't good enough. They had been with CESA for years and in my opinion were good players, good challenge level players. Nothing wrong with that, I just don't see how you can blame CESA for situations like that.

You talked to 3 premier team players? And they said they wouldn't make the premier team?. I know all 5 that quit. I'll ask their parents today if their kid told you that. Your just a club parent? Why would a premier player just randomely tell another club parent that information? All 5 premier players that left the 92 premier team were begged to stay. I guess I should of recorded the phone conversation i had with the coach for your approval. I guess if your just another parent and not a club employee don't comment on something you obviously know nothing about. You seem to know alot about GB! Where is GB's family going on vacation this year????

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
again...how was ODP this season?

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard