Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
G
bench
bench
G
Boo Hoo!!! If it wasn't the refs it would be something else...Your fans/parents showed a lot of control screaming (cussing) at the refs after the game ... that was a nice touch!

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
How "well" a game is officiated is always impacted by the bias of the fan. It's amusing to be at games as a neutral and listen to the fans on both sides. If anyone has ever field marshalled a game, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Neither side ever really sees it objectively.

I predict five things if we dig deeper:

1. Mann fans think there were bad calls
2. Riverside fans would disagree
3. Both are probably wrong to some degree
4. It wasn't the worst called game of modern day soccer
5. It wasn't the best called game of modern day soccer

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Yep. They got out alive though. It was the baseball players coming over after thier game showing their butts. You couldn't get a more one sided called game if you had two family members calling it and they owed you money. But if you thought it was good then enjoy.

Last edited by patriot; 05/03/11 03:00 AM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Boo Hoo!!! If it wasn't the refs it would be something else...Your fans/parents showed a lot of control screaming (cussing) at the refs after the game ... that was a nice touch!

We all can't be as classy as you

B
bench
bench
B
Yea and Manns coach holding the ball wasting time so Riverside couldn't throw the ball in was a real nice touch too.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Please. NO pot calling kettle black. Gets old. Whenever a ref controls the outcome of a game its going to be emotional.

Last edited by patriot; 05/03/11 03:05 AM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

How "well" a game is officiated is always impacted by the bias of the fan. It's amusing to be at games as a neutral and listen to the fans on both sides. If anyone has ever field marshalled a game, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Neither side ever really sees it objectively.

I predict five things if we dig deeper:

1. Mann fans think there were bad calls
2. Riverside fans would disagree
3. Both are probably wrong to some degree
4. It wasn't the worst called game of modern day soccer
5. It wasn't the best called game of modern day soccer

I predict you are wrong

corner kick
corner kick
Patriot,
Was it a two man system?

Only time will tell
brace
brace
Just how many offsides were there in that game I lost count? FM defenders do a very good job of stepping up during play. Felt a little bad for NaFo at the end they gave up the (gave up is not the right term since FM worked so hard to get it) goal and then I think they lost focus. Got to say Side line ref did not help poor keeper was confused by goal kick flag while center was calling corner, think she never really got set back up, credit FM for seeing the confusion and striking quickly heads up play by the corner kicker and the scorer on the short play in.

brace
brace
No doubt! When a team get 4 PK's in a game and no other scores you wonder what the problem is with the team giving them up or if the other team is that good at diving.

Sounds like a courious outcome, not saying it was one or the other just saying that as a fan when you see a 4-3 score and know the 4 was all PK's you really wonder about the Reffing and the play.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard