Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
kick off
kick off
There are a lot of kids that are really good on club when they play kids their own size or maybe even smaller then them, but once they come to high school soccer they are not as good because it isn't as much about being skilled as it is about just being really physical. I completely agree with you TRI FORCE. Both Irmo and Mann have very good up and coming young talent im excited for years to come with Mann now being in 4A

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
B
brace
brace
B
Many of the top club/academy players don't show as well in high school because:

1) Their high school teammates are not talented.
2) They're forced into an unaccustomed role or position to meet the h.s. team's needs.
3) Their h.s. coach is not that good.
4) Any/all of the above.

Yes, (even talented) younger kids do benefit from playing vs. older ones in h.s. The best way to put it is this: A talented (club/academy) freshman benefits from playing/training with older kids. The benefit declines sophomore season. By junior and senior year, from a purely developmental perspective, playing h.s. soccer may actually be detrimental to an elite-level kid.

F
FYI Offline
bench
bench
F
How are they doing in "high school Ball"?

Here is the latest scoring stats for the state: (4A)

#1 Wesley Eads FDHS 38 Goals 11 Assists 87 points
#2 Brandon Burkholder Wando 28 Goals 18 Assists 74 points
#3 Andrew Settlemire Beaufort 20 Goals 21 Assists 64 points
#4 Devin L'Amoreaux FDHS 21 Goals 16 Assists 58 points
#5 Rudy Aldrete Aiken 23 Goals 6 Assists 52 points
#6 Jason Hernandez Easley 21 Goals 8 Assists 50 points
#7 Fernando Gonzalez Rock Hill 20 Goals 6 Assists 46 points

I think they are doing ok with "high school ball"!

You did have one thing right - Justin White is a great player and by the way Millard is also an excellent player.

Another player worth mentioning would be one of your former teamates and this year's Gatorade Player of the Year - Robert Bebee. (congratulations Robert)

I am surprised you would throw something so negative out there, much less without even checking it out first.

Surprised at you - sscgoalie1 -

Bench
Bench
Eads and L'Amoreaux, could they be more overrated? Sure they "score" against the Sisters of the Poor, but they can't be depended on as winners. Totally typical of "me" players. They play for the names on the back of the shirts and not the front! 3-straight 1st Round exits and haven't swept Summerville yet - Go Green Wave!

Dude ... that means you, whether male or female, short boarder or long boarder, grommet or old fart.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Even though it pains me to say it. I hear there is a Freshman at SA this year that has something around 20 goals.

bench
bench
I think Reid Hunter the South Carolina United Battery U15 Goal Keeper deserves a look. He's the starting keeper for Blythewood High and is the only freshman on the team. Below are some other accomplishments.
2012 Blythewood High School Freshman Varsity Starter
January 2010 invited to attend the U.S. Soccer Training Center
2010 ODP State Team
2011 ODP State Team
2012 ODP State Team
Youngest player to start a U16 Academy Showcase Game in Phoenix AZ
2010-2011 U16 U.S. Development Academy Soccer at age 13
April 2011 invited to attend the U.S. Soccer Training Center
No.1 Soccer Camps Goal Keeper Champion (Charleston Southern University) spring 2011
2011-2012 US Youth Soccer Region III Boys Olympic Development Program Pool
2012 selected by Region III coaches to join the 97’ ODP Team for the International Tour to Guadalajara, Mexico.
2011 USA Germany Exchange Program
2011 USA Germany Exchange Program Game MVP
November 2011 invited to attend the U.S. Soccer Training Center
March 8, 2011 Named a South Carolina Junior Scholar. This is an elite group of students performing at the academic top 2% in the State based on PSAT scores.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Gucci, please bring up good players and leave the negative comments about players at home. Not needed or wanted, or at least post your real name if you are going to do it! At least man up!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Y'all make sure to tread lightly on Michael Jackson at the graveyard you dug this thread up at.

Puttin A's on B's
G
kick off
kick off
G
hahahaha

Quote:

Y'all make sure to tread lightly on Michael Jackson at the graveyard you dug this thread up at.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard