Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#148376 05/05/11 04:26 PM
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
Who are some teams that made the biggest surprises? For example J.L Mann after being in 3A and winning it all to jumping to 4A losing 10 seniors and winning region with teams like mauldin,dorman,and riverside in it.

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
T
bench
bench
T
My big surprise is Chapin. They lost a huge senior class of leaders with big names like Evan Deyoung, Joey Demare, Colden King, and David Kesling, yet they've had a hugely successful season so far. Well done Coach Hiller.

- although, still haven't won the superintendents cup. I believe that is and always has been Irmo's trophy.

kick off
OP Offline
kick off
3A is so watered down this year though with last years state champion Jl Mann and runners up South Aiken in 4A and also Riverside who is usually always a strong team. so it is not such a big surprise they are always good because they don't play the big teams in the upper state, and now there are even less of those good teams in 3A.

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
T
bench
bench
T
Yea 3A is watered down, but 3 out of their 4 losses came from 2 to irmo and 1 to Lexington. All of the games were competitive and close. I remember that in the past the top 3A teams like South Aiken have been blown out by top 4A schools like Northwestern and Irmo.

kick off
OP Offline
kick off
Yeah but that was South Aiken and they were not very good last year or the year before that. They got lucky against Eastside, and got dominated by Jl Mann in every aspect Mann should've won that game by at least 6 if you don't remember here are the stats for last years finals. Lower state in general is not good and 3A also is just not very good any more so it is not a surprise they are doing good it should be expected with such an easy way to the top.
Shots: SA 4-17 JLM.
Saves: (SA) Vincent Driessen 6, (JLM) Adam Lea 1.
Corner Kicks: SA 0-4 JLM.

T
bench
bench
T
Woah Woah Woah, I remember watching the game last year. Mann scored a highly controversial game winning goal. There was a clear misunderstanding between the linesman and the head referees about whether a sub was taking place. If I remember correctly Puetter threw the ball in while both the referees and the players on the players were not aware. This lead to a break away goal by Mann, and ultimately a 2-1 win.

Theres many times where one team has a majority of the play and chances, yet loses.

The State game last year wasn't a good indication of a weak Lower State.

goal
goal
JL Mann actually has a lot of off-field problems from what I understand. Same thing can be said for Northwestern. As for Eastside a couple of years ago that was a classic "fall game" for the Eagles as they should have taken care of South Aiken. Not having Miguel Teos really hurt, but some of the other guys just didn't come through as expected. Greenville area soccer is really "down" this year and Riverside has its worst team in years (if ever).

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
That is very true Mann does have the off-field problems but they did beat RHS for the region championship with those problems. Also very true is how down Greenville area soccer is. Very well put Always Right, I guess the name fits.

C
bench
bench
C
Carolina Forest?

S
Brace
Brace
S
Coach Hiller and Chapin have been very impressive for the youth they have. They are very organized, work hard, and play together. I think they have a chance to make a strong run at it even if they are young.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard