corner kick
what player is number 9 for pinewood?!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
O
throw in
throw in
O
Here ya go: http://www.pinewoodprep.com/Athletics/soccer_varsity.html

Last edited by oldskoolpinewood; 05/12/11 09:07 PM.
F
kick off
kick off
F
Cardinal Newman should win this one without much problem. They are a much stronger team than Pinewood and stay cool under pressure, unlike the out of control Pinewood team. Seven straight is impressive but it all ends Saturday.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

Cardinal Newman should win this one without much problem. They are a much stronger team than Pinewood and stay cool under pressure, unlike the out of control Pinewood team. Seven straight is impressive but it all ends Saturday.

While I haven't seen many state championship matches won "without much problem," I will agree with you on this much: Cardinal Newman SHOULD win this one.

Cardinal Newman is a very talented team - more talented that the vast majority of High School League teams. They would likely win the SCHSL AAA championship even though the would actually have to play in Single A where they would crush everyone. They SHOULD win Saturday. But here's the thing: they should have won last year and they should have won in '09. They lost in '09 when they became failed to "stay cool under pressure."

So, I guess my question is this: what does "should" have to do with anything? These teams will go at it hard just as they did earlier in the year when Cardinal Newman tallied a 1-0 victory. I expect (and hope) that Saturday's match will be decided by a goal (or two) because PKs are a lousy way to decide a championship.

Last edited by oldskoolpinewood; 05/13/11 03:26 AM.
803 Offline
kick off
kick off
""Cardinal Newman is a very talented team - more talented that the vast majority of High School League teams. They would likely win the SCHSL AAA championship even though the would actually have to play in Single A where they would crush everyone. They SHOULD win Saturday. But here's the thing: they should have won last year and they should have won in '09. They lost in '09 when they became failed to "stay cool under pressure.""

If I recall correctly in '09 a bogus call by the ref, late in the game basically gift wrapped the game for Pinewood. And again last year a game winner for CN in OT was called back. "Cool under pressure" is one thing , but it has been cool in the face of absolute robbery. Pinewood has been lucky to get away with what they have. Karma is the word that comes to mind.

803 #148427 05/13/11 04:44 AM
O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

If I recall correctly in '09 a bogus call by the ref, late in the game basically gift wrapped the game for Pinewood. And again last year a game winner for CN in OT was called back. "Cool under pressure" is one thing , but it has been cool in the face of absolute robbery. Pinewood has been lucky to get away with what they have. Karma is the word that comes to mind.

You do not recall correctly because although it was a highly unusual, even bizarre chain of events, there was nothing "bogus" about the call. The Cardinal Newman keeper clearly picked up a ball that had been kicked to him by a teammate. In my view, the critical error was by the defender who should have cleared the ball rather than put his keeper in that position. But, then again, CN only needed to "stay cool under pressure," focus on defending the indirect kick, and walk out with a championship.

Again, Cardinal Newman should win. Judging from its wins over Wando and Norman North, Cardinal Newman is probably one of the top 5 or so teams in the state in any classification, and quite possibly one of the top 50 teams in the nation. It will probably take the Cardinal Newman keeper picking up a ball kicked to him or players arguing a call instead of defending against an indirect kick for Pinewood to win.

W
goal
goal
W
This game deserves more than PKS. Good luck to Pinewood Prep and heres to a good match!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I'll drink to that

throw in
throw in

This game has no business going to PKS. CN 3 or 4 - 1.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
What's wrong with winning a championship in PK's? Brazil, Italy did it in the World Cup

Pinewood won its 7th championship last year, but most people refused to give them credit for their accomplishments.

Fact - Pinewood coach was forced to resign by SCISA, after they created some Bogus rule specifically targeting Pinewood. Can someone shed some light on this rule? Can a SCISA rep help clear up this issue finally?

What is unfortunate is that the young men at Pinewood were really looking forward to another run at the state championship with coach Birchwood.

The state cup this year has no real zest about it. It seems everything was put in place for Cardinal Newman or some upstate school to win this year. Not taking anything away from the hard work of the Cardinal Newman staff and players

What would have been nice to see would be Coach Birchwood defend his title against a Cardinal Newman team that is much improved and is coached by Will Eudy.

Wishing both teams all the best in the finals. May the best team win and provide some really great entertainment for the many fans.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard