Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
goal
goal
Sorry, but machines cannot operate at more than 100%, either. They can run at more than 100% of their rated operating capacity, but that is something different.

And if a player is able to “dig down and find a little more to give and put for[th] effort beyond what others do” well, then, they weren’t really giving 100% prior to that.

But, I do appreciate the point you’re trying to make.

brace
brace
Lacking a background in advanced semantics and no desire to delve into a deep, and likely very boring, philosophic debate on the subject I will simply say; I am glad you appreciate the point.

Last edited by The Chief; 05/19/11 08:05 AM.
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Hyperbole: –noun, rhetorical device.
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally but intended for effect, as “to wait an eternity.”

Just as, if someone said, "She cranked a 200 mph shot into the upper 90," most folks wouldn't stop and figure the average weight/strength ration of the female soccer player vs. the mass/size/drag coefficient of standard soccer ball to determine the impossibility of an actual 200 mph shot; we'd just figure she knocked the #@$% out of it and move on.

Unless, of course, you're an engineer, in which case you're probably already reaching for your calculator.

I've got good news and bad news...
Goal
Goal
Quote:

figure the average weight/strength ration of the female soccer player vs. the mass/size/drag coefficient of standard soccer ball to determine the impossibility of an actual 200 mph shot;

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
world cup
world cup
Lends new meaning to "Drag Coefficient".

If you go to Velocity Sports, can you reduce your drag coefficient?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
bench
bench
C
But wait a minute, how can this be? Arsenal players are 200% behind Arsen Wenger! We need an engineer!

LONDON (AFP) - Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna insisted manager Arsene Wenger enjoyed the full support of the club's players on Wednesday after the Gunners season took another disappointing turn.

Arsenal's dismal year continued on Tuesday when Manchester City leapfrogged them into third place, meaning the Gunners may well miss out on automatic qualification to next season's Champions League.

It came after Arsenal's players were booed from the pitch at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday after crashing to defeat against Aston Villa in their final home match of the season.

Sagna has ruled out any suggestion that Arsenal's players had lost confidence in Wenger however.

"Everyone is 200 percent behind him. I think he is the right guy," Sagna told Sky Sports News.

"He made a lot for the team, for the players and for the club as well. So we just want to keep working hard and give the maximum."

Sagna also believes midfielder Cesc Fabregas, repeatedly linked with a move to Barcelona, will remain an Arsenal player next season.

"Of course. He is under contract with the team. He is still our captain," Sagna said. "We need him badly because he is a good player, he is very talented and everyone knows what he can bring to the team.

"So I am looking forward to playing with him next year."

C
Brace
Brace
C
There is only one Coach J! Dude how could you steal my ID! I will have to consult with the FAWGS OF SPRING , and Marcus H about this.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Quote:

There is only one Coach J! Dude how could you steal my ID! I will have to consult with the FAWGS OF SPRING , and Marcus H about this.

I'M NOT GONNA STAND HERE AND LET YOU STEAL, APPROPRIATE, DEFILE AND BESMIRCH MY FRIEND'S NAME LIKE THAT!!

I've got good news and bad news...
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
You will have to send the committee a written protest! There is a NO BESMIRCHING 2011 Campaign in progress now!

C
Brace
Brace
C
I will have to bring in my tag team partner , the new mayor of North Chuck, Coach Holbrook to regulate, we are not going to stand for this type of abuse!

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard