Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There sure is a lot of Dad on Dad action on this forum. I find it gross myself but to each their own, don't ask/don't tell, and all that. I suppose there are websites, local watering holes, magazines, parades, and all other forms of stimuli that support this kind of behavior. I never imagined it would be a girl's soccer forum that would be the next attempt to gain social acceptance for this though.

What do you do when you are watching TV and something comes on you don't care to watch? Do you just sit there and watch it?

Nooooooo, you change the channnel.

So shut up and play or take your ball and go home. This is for parents who don't mind a little ribbing (and also scores since the paper doesn't follow.). Made my mistake early on and learned from it. Took my tongue lashing like a little man.Sensitve M- Fing people in the world. By the way coaches. Sins of the father don't usually reflect the child. Separate the two in the future and maybe you'll have more subs at upcoming tournaments. I may kick Soccerpops butt Friday but his daughter is cool. I hate Hannah for 80 min but she is alright by me after. I'm going to yell at the refs after the 5th direct kick by Riverside Friday but its not the parents fault. Mauldin sucks cause they wont let us score. Not their problem. Also if you want to avoid backlash by immature people like me remember the word "one". My son is the best baseball player in the state.Problem. My son is "one" of the best in the state. no problem. see how it works.

Great post. Looking forward to your visit to The Reservation Friday. It should be another good one.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

The way I operate: "If you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all."

Like everybody else on these boards, I have issues with many elements of high school and club soccer.....

.....but in an effort to maintain "civility" on these message boards, I try my best to use my filter. (It has failed me a couple of times in the past. I've learned from my mistakes.)

Hurst66,
If your filter has ever failed you on this message board, I certainly missed it or don't remember it. I've often marveled and admired how complimentary you are of other clubs,programs and players. And I have seldom, if ever, suspected of you any underlying self-serving agenda.
P.S. Good luck to your daughter and her team in play-offs.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Quote:

Quote:

Interesting group of fans from Blythewood. Both of them were very well spoken. Weak on the rules of the game, but very well spoken. Urging their seniors to earn Red Cards in the final minutes of the contest says a lot about Mommy and Daddy Bengal...

I think your comments about the Blythewood fans are unfair to a great group of parents and supporters I have come to know at Blythewood. The entire program, athletic department, and booster clubs at Blythewood are top notch and first rate. There were quite a few more than two Blythewood fans at the game last night. I saw and spoke with a dozen or so who were still there by the time I made it across the field and up the steps of the stadium. While I certainly did not hear anyone yelling for our players to commit red card type of misconduct, I admit I don't hear everything our fans say. But I think you are unfairly judging a lot of soccer-knowledgeable Blythewood fans based on things you heard from two people. We have eight senior players who played their last match last night, most of whom have played competitive soccer since they were very young. Some have played at the highest club levels including the Regional Premier League and those parents certainly know and understand the game.

I want to say that we appreciated the gracious hosting by Coach Czar, Coach Frady, the athletic trainer, and everyone else at Mauldin who welcomed us. It was a great game and we wish the Lady Mavs the best in their remaining playoff matches.

Thanks Coach P (mr peabody). You said this a whole lot better than I did!!

bench
bench
Quote:

Quote:

Interesting group of fans from Blythewood. Both of them were very well spoken. Weak on the rules of the game, but very well spoken. Urging their seniors to earn Red Cards in the final minutes of the contest says a lot about Mommy and Daddy Bengal...

Gracious in victory as always those Mighty Mavs. Perhaps Blythwood was expecting to play a game with their feet and could not fully appreciate the thug brand of soccer. I hope you are as gracious when you make your annual trek to Columbia to be taken care of by Wando when the game is called differently.

As I stated earlier, "The Red card cheers were sad indicator of their mindset. Their girls played a hard fought game. Weathered an early barrage of shots on goal. They were very efficient in their half of the field, very high percentage of shots and corners per possession.
The goalie made some awesome saves...
That said, it doesn't excuse the attitude. I'm just calling out their fans on their comments and general lack of knowledge for the rules of the game. I'm guessing, but cheering for your daughter to get a red card is probably a place you haven't gone before…."

No cards last night, two hard fouls, one committed by both teams. I think Coach P will agree the officiating was fair, allowed shoulders to move opposition off the ball and whistled extended arms and elbows. If that's too rough for you "Makeinthecall", there's always knitting but I'd suggest using the big needles so you don't hurt yourself!

L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

The way I operate: "If you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything at all."

Like everybody else on these boards, I have issues with many elements of high school and club soccer.....

.....but in an effort to maintain "civility" on these message boards, I try my best to use my filter. (It has failed me a couple of times in the past. I've learned from my mistakes.)

Such as??? ... Inquiring minds want to know.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Such as??? ... Inquiring minds want to know.

That has to be one of the coolest user names I have ever seen on these boards. Good job! Shame you can't fit it on a license plate!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Hurst66,
If your filter has ever failed you on this message board, I certainly missed it or don't remember it. I've often marveled and admired how complimentary you are of other clubs,programs and players. And I have seldom, if ever, suspected of you any underlying self-serving agenda.
P.S. Good luck to your daughter and her team in play-offs.

Thank you L&L. Tomorrow night will be a great atmosphere at FM but it will be a difficult task. Andy is a very good coach and he will have his girls prepared. If both teams play well, I think we are looking at a 1-goal game. Could go either way.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
bench
bench
Anyone know the score of the Greenville vs. Walhalla game tonight?

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
@pinewood
Pinewood 6
Heathwood Hall 0

Pinewood will play Cardinal Newman For the SCISA III State title on Saturday @10:00 AM at Porter Gaud.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

Anyone know who NaFo girls play tomorrow night?

winner of Greenville/Walhalla game postponed to tonight.

Greenville girls are looking forward to an early dismissal to take the road trip to quarterfinal game at NaFo.

GREENVILLE 2
WALHALLA 0

Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard