Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
G
kick off
kick off
G
There's plenty of AAAA schools playing against schools twice their size. Enrollment does matter in every sport simply because the larger the school, the greater the pool to choose from. The odds are that you'll get more good players than a small school. Location is also quite important. Rural schools, regardless of size, will likely do worse than urban or suburban schools in a sport like soccer. In our state, soccer is still viewed as a "rich kid" sport by the majority.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

There's plenty of AAAA schools playing against schools twice their size. Enrollment does matter in every sport simply because the larger the school, the greater the pool to choose from. The odds are that you'll get more good players than a small school. Location is also quite important. Rural schools, regardless of size, will likely do worse than urban or suburban schools in a sport like soccer. In our state, soccer is still viewed as a "rich kid" sport by the majority.

Which makes the run that the boy's from Beaufort had all the more impressive when you consider that the closest club of any significance is 75 miles away.
Hats off to Coach Wayne Quinlan of Hilton Head High who coached many of our guys last fall.

V
Bench
Bench
V
Gilbert-3, Indian Land-2

S
throw in
throw in
S
2A Upper State Championship @ Gilbert 5/18

Gilbert 3

Indian Land 2

Brace
Brace
Sconners,
Thanks for your comments. But, I am not going to accept any praise for what BHS did this year. They were a hard-working, technically gifted bunch with great attitudes long before I got them last fall. Credit should go to Gabe and to their own efforts. That club side was the most enjoyable club side I had ever coached. I hope more NOB (North of Broad River) players will join us SOB's for club tryouts next week. Email me for details wayne.quinlan@beaufort.k12.sc.us.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Same private schools in the finals every year...

It's fairly obvious how insignificant these private school state championship victories mean to anyone, especially the private school players. When winning is so easy nothing holds a great degree of significance. Has to suck to win all those meaningless state championships. If I were golliath, i would pound david 9/10 times. Not like that feels good or anything.

I wonder if anyone at these private schools has thought about how much they rob their players of the chance to face real adversity. These players never have to feel worthy of anything. Christ Church, Bishop England, 8/10 years have way more talented teams than their public school counterparts (although either team mentioned would greatly struggle to win SCISA league).

Has to suck to be a player and know you don't have to work hard to win. If I were the coach of a team like that, i'd feel pathetic knowing I wasn't challenging myself and especially my players to our fullest potential. Some people like it the easy way, though. Very sad. Very sad.

Not that I don't totally disagree with your statement because I think it's quite unfair myself but, I must remind you that Chapin has more money behind every player than any other public school in the state. Nobody operates on an equal level in HS athletics. You either do less with more, more with less or par for the course. BE/CC making the State Championship is about par for the course. BE losing a State Championship to an overhead kick in Sudden-Death? Call it what you want, less with more, underachieving, etc. I call it awesome. I agree with you though. The SCISA league would become extremely interesting to follow with all private schools lumped into it. This year it was kind of a 1.5 horse race. Yeah, PP was in the thick of it but most people agreed CN was the class of SCISA without equal. The last 7 years it was the opposite in PP's favor. It would be a great league with CC/BE/St.J/SSC in it; at least for soccer.

Where have you been shut up? It's been a long time! Did you get tired of us stupid people?

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard