Print Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
This is what the ex-coach of the SCUMP 95 girls team sent out to a select number of his old team. Its about the girls, let them go and get the training they need and quit making promises you can't keep.

Dear Parents & Players,

It is now time for tryouts and many parents have asked a number of questions related to next fall so I am going to make a couple of recommendations for consideration.

I would recommend trying out with SCUFC and CESA for the fall season. SCUFC will have Region 3 at U16 and U17. CESA will have Region 3 at U16, U17 and U18 for the fall. CESA may also have opportunities for the ECNL. Both clubs are now looking to provide more "local" training opportunities and I am sure they will convey their plans to you at tryouts.

The ECNL is changing its playing format in the fall to a Regional League program so if anyone is interested in playing ECNL they should ask the CESA rep at tryouts.

Some parents have asked where I will be next fall, this is still not finalized, however, I should know before the end of tryouts and I will send out an email to confirm ASAP.

Finally, a number of parents have asked about resurrecting SAA (Southern Academy Alliance) again and that is certainly an option. We would be in a position to offer local midweek training in all 3 locations, Charleston, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach with team practices on Saturday AM, most likely in Charleston.

At this stage it is an option and no more than that, in any event you should tryout for the Clubs I have recommended and see what transpires. If you want to consider the SAA option please let me know ASAP so I can determine overall interest.

At the end of tryouts you will all have a window of time to confirm which option you want to pursue so don't let anyone pressure you into a decision without due consideration of all the options.

Clearly the traditional State Leagues are now going to be diluted in terms of quality yet it remains the only route to Region 3 which the main clubs will also seek at State Cup.

The SAA program would participate in the minimum number of challenge league games but its emphasis will be directed towards practice, higher level tournaments and two or three weekend Round Robin scrimmage games against good quality teams in preparation for State Cup and its own Region 3 opportunity.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards

Michael Townsend

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Based on our experience there last year I think the recommendations in there were an excellent idea. I think the vast majority are gonna follow them recommendations. Thanks for posting this and helping to validate my decision.

C
Goal
Goal
C
I guess from that email he was not asked to return to SCU/MP next season.

M
bench
bench
M
Sorry to hear SCUMP lost such a good coach and nice person.

D
Goal
Goal
D
If CESA was to pull out of R3PLE to play ECNL region schedule to avoid conflicts between the two leagues schedules (just speculation), would that allow SCUFC and SCUMP teams both in each age group but one to play R3PLE? If CESA pulls out will the 3rd place teams from state cup apply?

Would that help the Lowcountry with additional access to higher levels of competition?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I would think so, but that's a pretty big IF. In the past, the 3rd place team from SC (or any state) has only gotten in as a wild card with an impressive enough resume'. The 3rd and 4th best GA teams have always been good enough. FL and NC usually have a strong enough 3rd place team to make a case. In SC, it has been a little harder to make the case for the 3rd place team.

D
Goal
Goal
D
not necessarily if the one of the top 2 teams drops out. isn't that why they play the consolation game, to find out who goes if one drops? I agree as a third of three teams to play from SC acceptence may be difficult, but even as 3rd place team they'd go in as one of only two teams from the state. just wondering.

D
Goal
Goal
D
hmmmm, thinking further, and if both of the scu teams played r3ple, both would enter state cup with a season of r3ple experience and as the #1 and #2 seeds, right?

world cup
world cup
I don't know if CESA is in a hurry to give up those R3PL spots yet.

If ManU can successfully battle on two fronts.....why can't CESA?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Wonder what magic can be made to happend with 51% of R3PL? how many were on team roster last season say for arguement sake 16 then 9 have to return, right.

So what is max roster for R3pl 18,20,22??? say 18 (for low ball). Now with 9 "old" and 9 new players you have full roster but what if ony 5 of them play R3PL for a team of 14 in R3PL that can be reinforced when necessary but the other 4 girls play ECNL along with other 5 from last year so they have 9 full time ECNL player (oh the other 5 (playing R3PL)can be rostered for when conflicts do not exist and add a few new players to the mix and you get a 20ish ECNL roster and the ability to take 14-16 girls to each game.

This of course gets much easier as the roster a=size allowed by R3PL goes up, if they can have a roster of 20 or 22 (or if they had 20 players last year) then it will be very easy to setup, now making it work and the parents buy off well.....

Only has to be done for one season and if they win they hold the spot and can cycle in more players using same stratgery!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard