Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
D
Goal
Goal
D
(max usysa roster is 18 except for u-18, ECNL max is 26all/18game).

Just thinking there could be an opportunity for more players around the state to participate and gain experience in region level leagues with 3 teams in rather than 2. You know, 45-50 SC players at that level gaining experience rather than 30-35. Of course, all of those spots aren't filled necessarily with SC players. (Never understood how pulling from out of state in to top level SC teams was supposed to support growth of the game and development of players in SC, but whatever.)

Hope it works out in a way that the players from the Lowcountry (well, some of them are already in r3ple next year) don't feel the need to leave the area to get the experience. However, I'm sure someone can come up with a way to reduce the available opportunities in SC for higher level play down even further to about 15-20 players per age, pull half from out of state, do it all in the name of progress and sell it as player development.

Good luck especially to the team mentioned above in finding a solution that best serves the players.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I'm trying to picture any Greenville based organization taking a phone call from a potential customer and telling that potential customer "you're not welcomed to partake of our services because you live in Asheville, or Gastonia, or Atlanta. We only offer our services to customers who live in SC." I'm sure there are some, I just don't know who they are.

I'm also thinking about looking at all SC clubs mission statements and see where it says that the goal is to "support growth of the game and development of players in SC " Again, I'm sure there are some, but I don't think that they are any of the big 3. I also doubt that CSA is turning away any non-NC players. I'm sure that CASL welcomes kids from VA with open arms.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Back to the point, what's wrong with Lowcountry soccer? Furthermore, who said there was anything wrong? I mean, I know that coach did, but anyone else?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
When you are accepting Greenville County generated tax dollars, and your facilites are technically Greenville County parks, you should take care of your Greenville County customers first.

And it's not always someone from another city/region contacting CESA, it also occurs the other way, as in recruiting.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I'm not aware of the ownership status of the parks. I know some of them are rented, some of them were in existence before the county got involved, and some are partly club owned and partly county owned. Do you know the details of the arrangement between CESA and GCRD?

I also don't know how many tax dollars have been accepted. But I'll bet it's less than the amount of tax dollars generated in Greenville County over the years at the hotels, restaraunts, gas stations, malls, hospitals (unfortunately) etc. in Greenville by people visiting for soccer from outside of Greenville.

Do you know the amounts?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Also, as a Greenville County customer, I feel I've been very well taken care of.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
I believe MESA and Wenwood are now Greenville County Parks (at least that's what the signs say) after CESA received $1.5 million in Greenville County based restaurant tax money which I believe is 2%.

Please correct me if you have other data.

goal kick
goal kick
There are definately alot of very good soccer players from the low country.Many of the young ladies my daughter grew up with were also 'ATHLETES'.They played several sports growing up,so that made it difficult for the kids that only concentrated on year round soccer.At times only 5-6 players would show up for soccer practice,while others would be at basketball,track,etc..Which personally,I think is great that the parent gives that option to their child.I always felt there was too much head butting between the haves and the have-nots,instead of doing whats right for the kids!!Mic is one person that ALWAYS was concerned about the kids!!Its too bad the parents cant get on the same page.Until then the talent from the low country will still get spread out thru the carolinas and georgia.

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Back to the point, what's wrong with Lowcountry soccer? Furthermore, who said there was anything wrong? I mean, I know that coach did, but anyone else?

exactly, any parents/coaches in the know want to answer this, i don't even know what the issues are but it seems like this thread is seriously off track

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Don't really matter if he was asked or not to come back he is and always has looked out for the best playing opportunities for his players. That is what a coach should do not keep a player somewhere they do not need to be.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard