Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Has a coach been named as a replacement?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I think there's a couple of guys on here who need to sit down and share a couple of beers.....get reacquainted. Come on.....we're talking about girls soccer.

Well said! The only down side to acting like grown-ups is that it may end this entertaining drama.

To quote Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

B
brace
brace
B
There's nothing particularly better or worse about Lowcountry soccer than that of any other region in the state. Bottom line: The clubs are in it for $$$, not kids; many parents think their kids are great because that's what club coaches have said while recruiting them; and those same kids have wildly inflated egos.
(And that ain't sour grapes, because mine has played at every competitive level available, staying loyal to one club through thick and thin, while others have bounced around like rubber balls.)

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I hear Ya WitDaBackOut17! Your right on it with this one

W
goal
goal
W
Not true, Kian and Matt are in it for the kids. I cant speak for any others but those two are doing it for the right reasons point blank. and if you think otherwise you just have you head in the sand down there on the coast!

B
brace
brace
B
Good point, Will.
They are the exceptions that prove the rule. I'm sure there are others, yourself included.
That said, when clubs AGGRESSIVELY recruit kids and parents, selling them "exposure" as opposed to development ...
You get threads like this.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

There's nothing particularly better or worse about Lowcountry soccer than that of any other region in the state. Bottom line: The clubs are in it for $$$, not kids; many parents think their kids are great because that's what club coaches have said while recruiting them; and those same kids have wildly inflated egos.
(And that ain't sour grapes, because mine has played at every competitive level available, staying loyal to one club through thick and thin, while others have bounced around like rubber balls.)

Congratulations to you for staying with one Club and being loyal to it.

These players and families that leave a Club after many years (I will assume most families and players start their soccer careers at their local Club) are teaching their kids one lesson I do not think they realize. "It's all about me".

They turn their backs on their former teammates to go play for another Club, most times in another city.

Of course those that leave their hometown Club do get to enjoy a lot of Interstate time. Wow, that must be fun.

W
goal
goal
W
Agreed backscreen. But if you are developing talent/players wouldnt the exposure coincide?

L
bench
bench
L
Getting back to the letter. Coach is clearly recruiting. Can he develop players?

corner kick
corner kick
Looks to me like he suggested three options. So if it's so clear, who is he recruiting for exactly?

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard