Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
R
rpl Offline
bench
bench
R

The problem with these message boards is that uninformed people type as if they know what they are talking about, then others add in and the whole thing gets to be a mess. 

As for Michael T, he has developed our players and has always suggested that we look at other options to make sure we are informed and know the options fist hand. He is one of the few coaches that truly encourages this because he is not afraid of losing anyone and does not want to hold anyone back if they could play at a higher level. 

And as for him being with 3 clubs in 3 years... He got R3 with a u13 team that was half u12 (SAA Elite- his own club). Split the group to proper age for R3 and began to grow both teams. BFA was reorganizing and brought him in. Then a further step to include Mt. Pleasant, but may not have been a great move. 

When SCUMP wanted to form Spring teams for tournaments, they chose lower level tournaments and offered mixed age group and opened it to Classic players as well. It seemed to be a money maker for SCUMP. Mick chose some of his better players and added some guest for some higher level competition. They have done quite well in these and it shows that Mick knows how to get his players "exposure."

I think SCUMPY is a disgruntled parent of a kid not invited, but somehow got the email that started this chain. The truth of that email is that Mick has been asked by a majority of his players what to do and as usual, he has advised them to look at all good options and make a decision. SCUMP was not listed because it is not a good option.

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Quote:

The problem with these message boards is that uninformed people type as if they know what they are talking about, then others add in and the whole thing gets to be a mess. 

As for Michael T, he has developed our players and has always suggested that we look at other options to make sure we are informed and know the options fist hand. He is one of the few coaches that truly encourages this because he is not afraid of losing anyone and does not want to hold anyone back if they could play at a higher level. 

And as for him being with 3 clubs in 3 years... He got R3 with a u13 team that was half u12 (SAA Elite- his own club). Split the group to proper age for R3 and began to grow both teams. BFA was reorganizing and brought him in. Then a further step to include Mt. Pleasant, but may not have been a great move. 

When SCUMP wanted to form Spring teams for tournaments, they chose lower level tournaments and offered mixed age group and opened it to Classic players as well. It seemed to be a money maker for SCUMP. Mick chose some of his better players and added some guest for some higher level competition. They have done quite well in these and it shows that Mick knows how to get his players "exposure."

I think SCUMPY is a disgruntled parent of a kid not invited, but somehow got the email that started this chain. The truth of that email is that Mick has been asked by a majority of his players what to do and as usual, he has advised them to look at all good options and make a decision. SCUMP was not listed because it is not a good option.

Clap Clap Clap...Standing ovation...Thanks for putting it in these words and it is all 100% TRUE!!!

S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Quote:

Quote:

Clap Clap Clap...Standing ovation...Thanks for putting it in these words and it is all 100% TRUE!!!

OMG!!!!!
Another one has awoke from a Kool Aid induced coma.

Why is SCUMP not a good option? You did not seem to mind last year when:

You got free uniforms.

Some got Scholarship

The MT P Parents supported the team by paying the tournament fees and required hotel costs that allowed you to stay in cheaper hotels.

You got to have your coach at your request.

You got fields to train.( you did not have to worry about getting kicked out of a parking lot somewhere)

If Mike T was concerned about all of his players then why has the letters gone out to so few?

Where is the letter from last season recommending trying out at CESA and Columbia to play Region 3?

No offense but the players got no better with the training Mike provided last season so why are better teams needed now?

If Mike T was concerned about all of his players then why did he have dinner at a tournament with only the members he brought to the team and then proceed to trash the players who were not present? Thanks to the girls at the dinner who had more class than the rest and texted their team mates as to what was happening.

Think you need to check with girls from the 94 age group as to why they are no longer playing with Mike.

Congrats on the U-13 R3 team. How is that working out? Is that the team the players who had not played all year long showed up just in time to play state cup? HMMMMM

How about that awesome exposure from the tournaments? You do realize that coaches can't talk to freshman. The only time a college coach is going to look at the filler level games is if he trips and falls at your field while he is running to the restroom from the upper level games.

The reason for all the invites and guest players is that he cannot develop but he can recruit players. That is why you think he selected the best players. That is why parents, as you stated, asked what to do because they cannot think for themselves. The Kool Aid is strong with this group. Just Say No To Drugs. Crack is Whack. I will even give you your comeback(I know the Kool Aid Daze is still in effect)that will be more logical than the one you will spew."I'm rubber you're glue"

I forgot to add don't look at any other post so you can concentrate on the many statements I have made in these posts. Please show me one statement that is not true. I just ask for one.

Last edited by SCUMPY; 05/14/11 09:46 PM.
R
rpl Offline
bench
bench
R
Just a question... Is SCUMMY the parent of the crazy kid that always gets cards and starts fights? It would make sense then!

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

Just a question... Is SCUMMY the parent of the crazy kid that always gets cards and starts fights? It would make sense then!

I am the parent of the child who has probably the most cards this season, center mids ususlly do. She also has probably the most playin time as well. She has never started any fights. She did have to fend off a tag team from 2 of her lovely team mates at practice whom got up and low fived themselves and the coach turned his back to what happened. I do not have a problem speaking directly to anyone on the team and if you are a parent on the team should know that as I have pissed off most at some time. I agree with what SCUMPY has said so far except when I said it to whichever parent it was not as political. SCUMPY could be anyone as everyone knows what has occured. If you are a parent you have heard my complaints many times. Don't shoot the messenger!!!!! Maybe answering some of SCUMPY's accusations might help your cause. I am sure he can handle the debate as can I.

S
goal
goal
S
coaches are fair game & it seems to come with the territory, right or wrong, but this thread has degenerated into calling players names, maybe not the best idea from adults/parents...keep some perspective about this kids game & message board

C
kick off
kick off
C
Sandman you are correct but when you cannot win a debate then that is what occurs. I have been watching this debate since the beginning and am actually suprised at how long it took for my daughter to be slandered. I was probably one of the loudest critics of what was occuring this past season and expected the lightning rod that brings.

C
throw in
throw in
C
RPL I called out the others for getting off subject so how about it. Can you disprove any of the allegations false? Is SCUMPY correct?

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Trust me I have seen your child and the way she tried to take out her own club teammates was horrible...take it like you want but I actually thought about videoing it in case my child got seriously injured. It was a major concern of many parents....and no center mids are not the only ones who get yellows or RED cards...that is not how you play the game anyway and yes yellows do come out sometimes but not that often and never REDS unless it is something horrific...Sounds like to me you should be happy now because you did try and voice your opinion to everyone you could about Mick I overheard you many times myself...so just stay at SCUMP with Paul aka SCUMPY and be happy all of your complaining is probably one of the reasons he left...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
And you follow Mr. Townsend to nowhere and end up with nothing..Any club would be foolish to touch this guy..

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard